inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Oscars 2021: The nominations in full

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/18/21 at 1:03 pm

This year's Academy Awards nominations have been announced in Los Angeles by Priyanka Chopra and Nick Jonas ahead of the virtual ceremony on 25 April. Here's the full list of nominees.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-56372153

Personally for me, I like to see as many Oscar Nominated films so that I can choose for myself and try and pick the winning films, but this year it is difficult due to the pandemic, and the films are being shown on different viewing channels. Some I have, some I do not, and I am not paying to view all.

Subject: Re: Oscars 2021: The nominations in full

Written By: whistledog on 03/21/21 at 11:15 pm

The only movie I saw that got nominations was Promising Young Woman, and I quite enjoyed it

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/22/21 at 1:35 am

I have made a start on the this years nominated films. So far, for Best Picture "The Trial of the Chicago 7" stands out for me, which also has Sacha Baron Cohen up for Best Supporting Actor.

For Best Animated Film, the Japanese film "Over the Moon" is my choice so far, having also seen "Onward" and "Soul". BTW, I did get to see "Onward" at the cinema.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/23/21 at 9:14 am

Just seen "Da 5 Bloods", that has an Oscar Nomination for Best Original Score, but I ask, why did it not received any more nominations, especially for Chadwick Boseman, or even Best Picture?

Check for new replies or respond here...