inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Deliveroo April Fools' joke backfires in France

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/03/21 at 6:10 am

French Deliveroo customers who received fake bills for hundreds of euros' worth of pizza have failed to see the funny side of the April Fools' joke.

On 1 April thousands of customers of the delivery platform across France got confirmation emails for orders totalling over €450 (£380; $530).

Many took to social media to express anger at the stunt.

Late on Thursday Deliveroo informed its customers via Twitter and email that it had not been serious.

"We confirm that it was an April Fool's joke," the clarification read. "You can enjoy the evening by ordering the pizza of your choice."

But few customers were amused. One of them said he had "almost had a stroke" after receiving a €466 invoice for 38 pizzas that he had never ordered.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-56617049

Subject: Re: Deliveroo April Fools' joke backfires in France

Written By: LyricBoy on 04/03/21 at 7:48 am

What is Deliveroo? ???

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/03/21 at 7:50 am

What is Deliveroo? ???
Deliveroo is an online food delivery company founded by Will Shu in 2013 in London, England. It operates in over two hundred locations across the United Kingdom, the Netherlands, France, Belgium, Ireland, Spain, Italy, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Hong Kong, the United Arab Emirates and Kuwait.

Written By: Don Carlos on 04/03/21 at 8:44 am

A rather un-funny joke

Written By: wagonman76 on 04/03/21 at 9:13 am

I’d be peeved too. Because I’d be thinking my card was hacked and have it canceled and be looking into whose ordering stuff under my name. Wouldn’t be the first time it’s happened.

Check for new replies or respond here...