inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Lost All Hope for Music and Pop Culture in the '20s

Written By: Slim95 on 05/05/21 at 12:41 pm

Ok somebody told me to look up "hyper pop" because apparently it's the latest thing, and I've never regretted more to listening/watching something than what I did in my entire life. I've just simply lost hope for popular music if this is the next trend. I never imagined something could be worse than trap. And people like this stuff, feels like I'm living in the twilight zone.

Subject: Re: Lost All Hope for Music and Pop Culture in the '20s

Written By: Howard on 05/05/21 at 2:09 pm

Ok somebody told me to look up "hyper pop" because apparently it's the latest thing, and I've never regretted more to listening/watching something than what I did in my entire life. I've just simply lost hope for popular music if this is the next trend. I never imagined something could be worse than trap. And people like this stuff, feels like I'm living in the twilight zone.

Then what about Pop Culture?

Written By: Contigo on 05/05/21 at 4:59 pm

. I've just simply lost hope for popular music if this is the next trend. I never imagined something could be worse than trap. And people like this stuff, feels like I'm living in the twilight zone.

I felt that way in the 1990s , 2000s and 2010s . Music has been sheesh for 30
Years,

Written By: Slim95 on 05/05/21 at 5:35 pm

I felt that way in the 1990s , 2000s and 2010s . Music has been sheesh for 30
Years,

True but it's getting even worse.

Written By: passthegabagool on 05/05/21 at 9:10 pm

Most charting songs aren't Hyperpop, so I wouldn't be too worried yet...

Written By: 2001 on 05/05/21 at 9:44 pm

Is Charli XCX's last album hyperpop? That album made me question my sexual orientation because I absolutely hated it.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 05/06/21 at 12:10 am

I've been wondering for a while now if Western culture has run its course.

Written By: Slim95 on 05/06/21 at 1:29 am

Is Charli XCX's last album hyperpop?

No idea and don't even wanna know really since whatever I heard on YouTube made my ears bleed.

That album made me question my sexual orientation because I absolutely hated it.

https://media3.giphy.com/media/hv53DaYcXWe3nRbR1A/giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952dc86e36875a31e28ff62c58ac2750b636f294d4b&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

Written By: CarCar on 05/07/21 at 10:25 am

I actually kinda like it.  :( Am I alone in this

Written By: NightmareFarm on 05/07/21 at 10:34 am

The only hyperpop i've seen so far is the meme rebecca black friday remix. Even if it becomes mainstream, it'd still be preferable to the aural cancer that is trap.

Written By: duenas8 on 05/08/21 at 12:46 am

I’m ok with that genre as well... as long as Ariana Grande/Eilish/Lipa 8-P doesn’t produce any hyperpop hit for a big studio, after that I’ll probably hate it

Written By: xenzue on 05/08/21 at 11:26 pm

Sugar Crash and other tik tok “hyperpop” somgs are abominations but I think Pop 2 and OOEPUI are modern classics. Anyways, I don't think hyperpop is going to remain a thing for very long, at least the current stylistic incarnation. I dont consider it to be a real genre, the current scene (if you can even call it that) is splitting into at least four sounds: The first being a successor of 100 Gecs, Death Grips, Dorian Electra, and Bladee. That style is what most people think of when they hear the word hyperpop. Next on the list is the post-Ayesha Erotica artists which get their style from ringtone rap, Aaliyah, Timbaland, Britney Spears, etc. Third is more house/dnb-based, 2000s/dreampop, house, and heavy y2k drum&bass influences. Fourth is the post-SOPHIE/Charli XCX influences, the original hyperpop sound.

Written By: J. Rob on 05/09/21 at 8:01 am

The only hyperpop i've seen so far is the meme rebecca black friday remix. Even if it becomes mainstream, it'd still be preferable to the aural cancer that is trap.

You mean trap rap? I'm beyond tired of it myself

Written By: 2001 on 05/09/21 at 8:16 am

Listening to Charli XCX's songs as singles they don't sound too bad. An album full of it was very difficult to listen to though.

COKJ_gdTkIY

Written By: NightmareFarm on 05/09/21 at 9:02 am

You mean trap rap? I'm beyond tired of it myself

yeah, that. it should stay in the past where it belongs.

Written By: batfan2005 on 05/10/21 at 11:43 am

And this is why I'm stuck in the 2000's.

Written By: Howard on 05/10/21 at 3:09 pm

And this is why I'm stuck in the 2000's.

Can you get out of The 2000's?

Written By: Sman12 on 05/11/21 at 7:36 pm

Not for me personally. I'm still waiting till life in America and other countries to mostly reopen later this year so that pop culture can finally get back on track.....I hope, anyways.

Check for new replies or respond here...