inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Ellen DeGeneres - CANCELLED

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/12/21 at 6:43 pm

Amid sagging ratings, Ellen’s namesake show is cancelled as of the end of next season.  :o

https://globalnews.ca/news/7854871/ellen-degeneres-show-cancelled-ratings-toxic-workplace/

Subject: Re: Ellen DeGeneres - CANCELLED

Written By: Slim95 on 05/12/21 at 11:59 pm

I did not see that coming (sarcasm).

Written By: Howard on 05/13/21 at 7:40 am

Amid sagging ratings, Ellen’s namesake show is cancelled as of the end of next season.  :o

https://globalnews.ca/news/7854871/ellen-degeneres-show-cancelled-ratings-toxic-workplace/

I don't think people were as interested in her show like they did in the beginning.

Written By: KatanaChick on 05/13/21 at 12:44 pm

I don't think people were as interested in her show like they did in the beginning.

Now that they realize how nasty she is when the truth about her came out, they shouldn't be. Bullies should be cancelled.

Written By: Howard on 05/13/21 at 2:02 pm

Now that they realize how nasty she is when the truth about her came out, they shouldn't be. Bullies should be cancelled.

I think at her age now, she can pursue other things.

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/13/21 at 2:29 pm

I wonder if Porsche De Rossi will dump her? ???

Written By: Slim95 on 05/14/21 at 12:46 am

Ellen Degeneres was "cancelled" last year. Only her show is coming to a close. But people stopped liking her last year,

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/14/21 at 4:33 am

One achievement she has made, was that wonderful star-studded selfie at the Academy Awards several years back.

Written By: 90s Guy on 05/14/21 at 4:38 am

No, cancellation is Orwellian. A bully should be put in their place. Cancelling someone for the rest of their natural born life is very Orwellian, and very repressive, and deprives the individual of their own humanity and any incentive to truly change. Isolation is devastating to humans psychologically.

You know who "cancelled" people? Stalin. Utterly erased people who thought the wrong way or who met his ire from photographs. The ancient Romans did it too - persona non grata was the term. Or we can look at the Salem Witch Trials as a fatal form of social cancellation.

One day, perhaps, the suicide of a very high profile "cancelled" person will demonstrate just how toxic and disturbing cancelling a person - a human being - is.

After all, at one time, gays, lesbians and trans people were "cancelled" by society, confined to their own small groups and the fringes - did wonders for their mental health and sense of human worth, I'd wager.

The only people deserving of being cancelled are those who break laws and commit true wrongs against society as a whole - the pedophiles, murderers and such who pose a genuine threat to the rest of humanity, and they are cancelled by the Justice System removing them from society. Those are the people who should be "cancelled" and in a proper and just way. Not those who offend others' tender sensibilities.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 05/18/21 at 11:44 pm

Ellen Degeneres was "canceled" last year. Only her show is coming to a close. But people stopped liking her last year,

I don't believe her when she says that she "wasn't aware of what was going on?"? With those three execs that were fired after word of a toxic work environment got out? I mean she was aware of it! Come the frig on! ::) ::) ::)

Written By: KatanaChick on 05/20/21 at 12:15 pm

I wonder if Porsche De Rossi will dump her? ???

Hope so. That'd be the icing on the sh!t cake.  ;D

Written By: Howard on 05/20/21 at 2:38 pm

Hope so. That'd be the icing on the sh!t cake.  ;D

Then Ellen could remarry?

Check for new replies or respond here...