inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Pastel and soft colors ? Aesthetic of the early 2020s ?

Written By: CarCar on 05/28/21 at 2:52 am

6dtueFx49-c

When people in the future look at videos made during this era. You think they’ll ask why people were so into pastel colors, softness and shinny slickness.

Subject: Re: Pastel and soft colors ? Aesthetic of the early 2020s ?

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/28/21 at 5:42 am

Speaking of pastels, here’s an old family story.

I had a cousin who was gay. I mean, if you looked up “gay” in the dictionary you’d see a picture of him. Pretty much every stereotype of gayness, he had it. Didn’t bother me, that was his life. But he was loud, proud, and the gayest guy in the crowd. My mother, of course, believed none of this and thought that me and my brothers were mistaken.

Anyway, one day my cuz passed away in a car wreck. Mum and I stopped off at a florist to get a floral arrangement for the funeral, and she asked the girl at the counter if there were any particular arrangements being recommended.

“His mother specifically said NO PASTELS”, the girl told us.

Without stopping to take a breath, Mom turned, looked at me, and said “LyricBoy, you were right all along. He WAS gay!”

My cuz had a boyfriend named Joe, who Mom did not know. At the funeral when she would run into a man who she did not recognize, she’d ask “Are you Joe?” as she wanted to express her condolences.

Subject: Re: Pastel and soft colors ? Aesthetic of the early 2020s ?

Written By: NightmareFarm on 05/28/21 at 1:36 pm

I'm seeing somewhat of a K-pop influence visually

Check for new replies or respond here...