inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Latest Craze - Lavender Oil

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/28/21 at 7:13 pm

This evening I saw commercials for three different products, hawking the many benefits of lavender oil.

Apparently this is the next big thing. Next year we’ll hear of products that are “lavender free” to cater to those who are averse to the latest elixir.

Subject: Re: Latest Craze - Lavender Oil

Written By: Howard on 05/29/21 at 1:48 pm

This evening I saw commercials for three different products, hawking the many benefits of lavender oil.

Apparently this is the next big thing. Next year we’ll hear of products that are “lavender free” to cater to those who are averse to the latest elixir.

Will you be smelling good?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/30/21 at 3:24 pm

Lavender oil has been around since the beginning of time. Like with most things, one product uses it, now they all use it.

A few years back, my massage therapist was using lavender oil. He kept dropping the bottle and told me, "I think this bottle is telling me that it should stay here" and he gave me the bottle. I have used it in my bath when I used lavender bubble bath. 

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/31/21 at 7:07 am

Lavender oil has been around since the beginning of time. Like with most things, one product uses it, now they all use it.

Cat
Agreed,and has been used to cover up the aroma of domestic premises, I recall my grandmothers using it.

Written By: Howard on 05/31/21 at 7:26 am

A few years back, my massage therapist was using lavender oil. He kept dropping the bottle and told me, "I think this bottle is telling me that it should stay here" and he gave me the bottle. I have used it in my bath when I used lavender bubble bath. 

Cat

What about Lavender shampoo?

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/31/21 at 7:26 am

Agreed,and has been used to cover up the aroma of domestic premises, I recall my grandmothers using it.

Well get ready for everything from room deodorizer to toilet paper to be infused with the stuff now.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/31/21 at 1:20 pm

What about Lavender shampoo?

Got some of that, too.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 05/31/21 at 2:50 pm

Got some of that, too.

Cat

How does it smell?

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/31/21 at 3:57 pm

How does it smell?
A love the smell of lavender in the morning.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/31/21 at 3:59 pm

Well get ready for everything from room deodorizer to toilet paper to be infused with the stuff now.

Oh sweet smell of lavender,
I used it from day to day,
In every room of my household.
Air freshener, just point and spray.

Written By: nally on 05/31/21 at 4:25 pm

Yes, it's very pleasant. It's even used in aromatherapy.

Written By: Howard on 06/01/21 at 7:00 am

I do too.

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/01/21 at 7:12 am

Got some of that, too.

Cat
Did you get to see the film "Ladies in Lavender" (2004)? It starred Judi Dench, Maggie Smith, Natascha McElhone, and Miriam Margolyes, and was directed by Charles Dance,

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/01/21 at 1:48 pm

Did you get to see the film "Ladies in Lavender" (2004)? It starred Judi Dench, Maggie Smith, Natascha McElhone, and Miriam Margolyes, and was directed by Charles Dance,

Nope, haven't seen that-YET. Maybe some day. Since it has Judi Dench AND Maggie Smith-it's gotta be good.

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/01/21 at 1:56 pm

Nope, haven't seen that-YET. Maybe some day. Since it has Judi Dench AND Maggie Smith-it's gotta be good.

Cat
I saw it at the cinema with my mother and she totally enjoyed it.

Check for new replies or respond here...