inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What do you predict this decade being like? Honestly.

Written By: deloresthegreat on 06/09/21 at 5:57 pm

We have 6 months left in 2021, how do you think things are going to change?  What do you think things will be like moving forward

Subject: Re: What do you predict this decade being like? Honestly.

Written By: NightmareFarm on 06/10/21 at 1:06 am

Really dark stuff happens(potentially WW3) then everything becomes peaceful again with a cultural reset.

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/10/21 at 2:47 am

We have 6 months left in 2021, how do you think things are going to change?  What do you think things will be like moving forward
I am not making any predictions, as the next few years are very uncertain.

Written By: Howard on 06/10/21 at 6:15 am

Really dark stuff happens(potentially WW3) then everything becomes peaceful again with a cultural reset.

I'm predicting more shootings and stabbings around the globe wherever they might be and no one's doing a damn thing about it.

Written By: NightmareFarm on 06/10/21 at 6:22 am

I'm predicting more shootings and stabbings around the globe wherever they might be and no one's doing a damn thing about it.

Well yeah but that happens every decade

Written By: batfan2005 on 06/10/21 at 8:11 am

In the US it will probably get back to the level that it was during the late 1980's/early 90's crack epidemic era, after the 20-25 year decline.

Written By: Howard on 06/10/21 at 2:02 pm

In the US it will probably get back to the level that it was during the late 1980's/early 90's crack epidemic era, after the 20-25 year decline.

Why are shooting people becoming a violent culture?

Written By: Wink-182 on 06/10/21 at 2:03 pm

I am not making any predictions, as the next few years are very uncertain.

I honestly agree, after the hell on earth year that was 2020, the next nine years to me seems like it can go all types of different ways, for better or worse.

Written By: Emman on 06/10/21 at 4:23 pm

I predict a US war with China will probably be the biggest event in the 2020s, greatly outsizing COVID-19 and it's impact.

The US government is already trying to blame China for the pandemic, there's neocons that have been itching for confrontation with China.
They will probably do an atrocity hoax as well, like they did with the Iraq war in 2003.

A war with China is suicidal, it could mean the end of modern civilization at it's worse, I wish there was a genuine antiwar protest movement in the US.

Written By: Emman on 06/10/21 at 4:28 pm

Overall violent crime is still quite low compared to previous decades, the media just sensationalizes everything so "normies" think its worse as it's ever been.

Written By: CarCar on 06/10/21 at 4:44 pm

Overall violent crime is still quite low compared to previous decades, the media just sensationalizes everything so "normies" think its worse as it's ever been.

I think violence is always there it’s just now you can film easily for all your followers too see

Written By: BotleyCrew on 06/10/21 at 4:54 pm

Deepfakes are going to become hyper realistic and widespread, and further radicalize groups like Qanon.

GOP will overturn election results, gaining a trifecta.

Increasing acceptance of trans/nonbinary people. People asking for pronouns more often.

Fashion will remain very casual/unisex

Written By: Slim95 on 06/11/21 at 1:18 pm

I predict the 2020s will be awfully dystopian. There will be many wars, lots of destruction, lots of hunger, systems collapsing, FIAT currency will come to an end (to be replaced by crypto currency), and due to war and competition there will be major advancements in technology (self-driving cars, aviation advancements, advancements in personal tech, etc.)

Written By: Slim95 on 06/11/21 at 1:23 pm

Deepfakes are going to become hyper realistic and widespread, and further radicalize groups like Qanon.

GOP will overturn election results, gaining a trifecta.

Increasing acceptance of trans/nonbinary people. People asking for pronouns more often.

Fashion will remain very casual/unisex

Very accurate and realistic predictions. I also think there will be some sort of revolution as more people will distrust the media. If Trump is president again, there will probably be utter chaos in American cities and riots and protests even more than we've seen in the past.

Written By: Howard on 06/11/21 at 2:11 pm

I predict the 2020s will be awfully dystopian. There will be many wars, lots of destruction, lots of hunger, systems collapsing, FIAT currency will come to an end (to be replaced by crypto currency), and due to war and competition there will be major advancements in technology (self-driving cars, aviation advancements, advancements in personal tech, etc.)

Will The 2020's be mostly happy?

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 06/11/21 at 3:02 pm

Not so much a prediction as a hope, but I'd like to see a massive shift away from the whole social media/Facebook/Instagram influencer culture and a renewed interest in service organizations such as the Elks and Eagles (or perhaps a new one) among younger people. We're all just too isolated from each other and it seems really unhealthy for our society.

Written By: Slim95 on 06/11/21 at 3:05 pm

I don't even know how much time we have left until the world ends honestly. I know people been saying that for a long time but when you look at the world in the state of it right now can you honestly say anyone can bounce back from all of this? I don't think so.

Written By: exodus08 on 06/11/21 at 3:50 pm

I think the Early 20s (2020-2023) will be seen as the Covid-19 20s and the Mid-late 20s (2024-2029) will be seen as the post covid-19 20s.

Written By: Slim95 on 06/11/21 at 3:50 pm

For music and pop culture, I actually predict it's gonna get trashier. I bet there will be new trends that are very, very weird, and they will be considered cool. Hyper pop reminds me of that. Things will move past from post-modern to just plain weird (for those of us who are more mature anyway).

Music will sound more hypnotic, and filled with more subliminal messaging. Weird beats and noises. It will sound different from now later in the decade, with a new trend and sound we haven't of before. Something like vaporware. Only different from that.

Movies and TV shows will incorporate current events, and you will see movies and shows set in the pandemic.

The 2000s will be seen as very dated and like a different world to most people.

Written By: deloresthegreat on 06/11/21 at 4:41 pm

For music and pop culture, I actually predict it's gonna get trashier. I bet there will be new trends that are very, very weird, and they will be considered cool. Hyper pop reminds me of that. Things will move past from post-modern to just plain weird (for those of us who are more mature anyway).

Music will sound more hypnotic, and filled with more subliminal messaging. Weird beats and noises. It will sound different from now later in the decade, with a new trend and sound we haven't of before. Something like vaporware. Only different from that.

Movies and TV shows will incorporate current events, and you will see movies and shows set in the pandemic.

Tbh as someone who was born in 2005 the 2000s already seem dated and like a different world to me

Written By: NightmareFarm on 06/11/21 at 6:25 pm

Music kinda already sounds like that lol. Mid-late 10s had some weird ass production elements and you have songs where "ass" is repeated like 70 times.

Written By: CarCar on 06/12/21 at 2:34 am

Tbh as someone who was born in 2005 the 2000s already seem dated and like a different world to me

Damn that’s crazy, but I knew this day would eventually come. I was 7 when you were born. Some people on this forum still don’t believe the 2000s are that different from today

Written By: Howard on 06/12/21 at 6:45 am

I don't even know how much time we have left until the world ends honestly. I know people been saying that for a long time but when you look at the world in the state of it right now can you honestly say anyone can bounce back from all of this? I don't think so.

The world will never end.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 06/12/21 at 9:32 am

The world will never end.

Absolutely incorrect. According to astronomers, the most probable fate of the planet is absorption by the sun in about 7.5 billion years, after the sun has entered the red giant phase and expanded beyond the planet's current orbit.

Simple as that.

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/15/21 at 6:45 am

Absolutely incorrect. According to astronomers, the most probable fate of the planet is absorption by the sun in about 7.5 billion years, after the sun has entered the red giant phase and expanded beyond the planet's current orbit.

Simple as that.

When the moon is in the Seventh House and Jupiter aligns with Mars?

Written By: Howard on 06/15/21 at 1:47 pm

It's going to look a lot more different.

Written By: GameXcaper on 06/16/21 at 10:35 am

Sorry, but looking at all of these nihilistic end of the world replies for the 2020s makes me lol. Do you guys not understand how stupid you sound when you make these outlandish predictions? The 2020s will not be the end of the world. Crime rates are the lowest they've been in a while, the pandemic is coming to an end and changes are coming about, so there should be optimism, yet here you guys are acting like it's the end of the world. Humans have lived through far worse and far more horrific times then the present, this is nothing compared to that. The 2020s will carry out like any other decade that came before it. Technology will advance and the world will change, but nothing really bad will happen. Seriously, if you stopped sitting behind your computer most of the day or spending all your time on social media and just went out and took little walk then you'll realize that all of this political nonsense is limited to the internet.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 06/16/21 at 11:05 am

Sorry, but looking at all of these nihilistic end of the world replies for the 2020s makes me lol. Do you guys not understand how stupid you sound when you make these outlandish predictions? The 2020s will not be the end of the world. Crime rates are the lowest they've been in a while, the pandemic is coming to an end and changes are coming about, so there should be optimism, yet here you guys are acting like it's the end of the world. Humans have lived through far worse and far more horrific times then the present, this is nothing compared to that. The 2020s will carry out like any other decade that came before it. Technology will advance and the world will change, but nothing really bad will happen. Seriously, if you stopped sitting behind your computer most of the day or spending all your time on social media and just went out and took little walk then you'll realize that all of this political nonsense is limited to the internet.

Couldn't have said it better meself! Except the bit about "nothing really bad will happen". Oh, bad things always happen...wars, pandemics, you name it. But the human race survives and the world still wags!  ;)

Check for new replies or respond here...