inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Windows 11

Written By: Slim95 on 06/17/21 at 4:16 pm

It's here! Windows 11 is here! The next version of Windows, Windows 11, has been leaked. Microsoft said in 2015 that Windows 10 would be the last version but of course we know companies change their minds all the time. My opinion? It SUCKS! I hate how I still see elements of Windows 98 in some parts of the UI and NOBODY likes the start menu being in the centre by default! It looks like a cheap copy of Mac OS. It is ugly! The ONLY thing I like about it is that they have a new startup sound again. A startup sound was not implemented since Windows 7.

x_ehPsSn0Y4

DyzbvpxxDEE

The OS will be released later this year and support for Windows 10 will end in 2025.

Subject: Re: Windows 11

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/17/21 at 6:39 pm

I’m sticking with my installation of Microsoft Bob.

Written By: Howard on 06/18/21 at 4:48 am

I’m sticking with my installation of Microsoft Bob.

And I'm keeping Windows 10.

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/18/21 at 5:36 am

I am sticking to what I have!

Written By: batfan2005 on 06/25/21 at 4:22 pm

I have a feeling it will be short-lived, like Windows Vista or 8. I'm guessing they will subsequently release Windows 12 and that will be dominant, like 10, 7, or XP.

Written By: wagonman76 on 06/25/21 at 4:37 pm

There won’t be a last version of Windows unless Microsoft goes defunct or comes up with something completely different. Software will always need to evolve.

Written By: Howard on 06/26/21 at 4:50 am

So What happens to Windows 10?

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/26/21 at 5:05 am

Windows 10 is a major release of the Windows NT operating system developed by Microsoft. It is the successor to Windows 8.1, released nearly two years earlier, and was released to manufacturing on July 15, 2015, and broadly released for the general public on July 29, 2015.

Written By: batfan2005 on 06/26/21 at 7:38 am

EOL will be October 2025. That's why I don't think Windows 11 will be around long. They might release the next OS (presumably called Windows 12) within a few years and before the Windows 10 EOL, which is will be the same fate as Vista just two years before 7 was released before the XP extended support ended and 8 a few years before 10's release while 7 was still supported.

Written By: Slim95 on 06/26/21 at 10:14 am

EOL will be October 2025. That's why I don't think Windows 11 will be around long. They might release the next OS (presumably called Windows 12) within a few years and before the Windows 10 EOL, which is will be the same fate as Vista just two years before 7 was released before the XP extended support ended and 8 a few years before 10's release while 7 was still supported.

I hope for Windows 12 Microsoft puts away their stupidity and they make a clean and stable OS for desktop users. No more spyware, bloatware, messy UI, uneeded features. Just a clean and efficient OS like Windows XP and Windows 7. A man can dream.

Written By: Redhairkid on 06/26/21 at 12:37 pm

My 8 year ould laptop can't upgrade to 11 so I'm stuck with 10. Don't mind.

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/26/21 at 12:56 pm

It sounds the same with my computer.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 06/26/21 at 1:48 pm

It sounds the same with my computer.

Absolutely intentional, of course. They WANT you to have an "outdated" device so you will be inclined to buy a new one. It's no coincidence that Bill Gates is literally the richest or near-richest man in the world. No coincidence at all.

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/26/21 at 2:20 pm

Absolutely intentional, of course. They WANT you to have an "outdated" device so you will be inclined to buy a new one. It's no coincidence that Bill Gates is literally the richest or near-richest man in the world. No coincidence at all.
It's all done to money!!!!!

Written By: Howard on 06/26/21 at 3:09 pm

Windows 10 is a major release of the Windows NT operating system developed by Microsoft. It is the successor to Windows 8.1, released nearly two years earlier, and was released to manufacturing on July 15, 2015, and broadly released for the general public on July 29, 2015.

So I've had Windows for 6 years now.

Written By: Howard on 06/26/21 at 3:11 pm

So that means I got to tell My Father that we need to back-up a lot of my files or else it might be deleted.

Written By: Slim95 on 06/26/21 at 8:56 pm

So that means I got to tell My Father that we need to back-up a lot of my files or else it might be deleted.

Which version of Windows do you have? If you have Windows 10 you can upgrade to Windows 11 for free without worrying about that they will back everything up and restore it.

Written By: Howard on 06/27/21 at 7:05 am

Which version of Windows do you have? If you have Windows 10 you can upgrade to Windows 11 for free without worrying about that they will back everything up and restore it.

Let me see if My Father approves.

Written By: wagonman76 on 06/28/21 at 7:42 pm

Back ups are always a good idea in any case. I’ve had hard drives fail before.

Written By: whistledog on 06/28/21 at 9:38 pm

I'll stick with Windows 10.  If it ain't broke, don't fix it

Written By: Howard on 06/29/21 at 6:53 am

Back ups are always a good idea in any case. I’ve had hard drives fail before.

transferring bookmarks is a pain in the ass trying to move them from one place to another.  ::)

Written By: Early2010sGuy on 07/12/21 at 1:18 pm

I'm sticking to Windows 10 Considering the FREAKING HIGH REQUIREMENTS 😐

Written By: Howard on 07/12/21 at 1:45 pm

I'm sticking to Windows 10 Considering the FREAKING HIGH REQUIREMENTS 😐

I'll stay with Windows 10 myself too.

Check for new replies or respond here...