inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Choose 5 currently popular musicians to retire and 5 musicians to come back

Written By: NightmareFarm on 06/18/21 at 7:52 pm

By current i'd say musicians who have dropped hits within around the past 3 years. The artist you choose to come back to the mainstream has to have been popular before btw. And has to be alive obviously.

Retire - Cardi B, Megan Thee Stallion, Katy Perry, Taylor Swift, Drake. First two are extremely trashy and annoying. They're synonymous with trap which i'd rather not have to tolerate this decade. Katy Perry, Taylor Swift and Drake aren't the worst offenders but I feel they've overstayed their welcome, ran out of ideas, hit the wall in the early 10s and slowly got worse since. Also part of the reason why music feels stagnated since you have these artists who made hits in the 00s and have consistently been making hits since and now were in the 20s. It would be fine if they took a long break like Lady Gaga did and came back with a fresh style that sounds good(but not just copy the trending style)

Bring back - Anastacia, Nelly Furtado, Sam Sparro, Timbaland, Adam Lambert. Honourable mentions to Ne-Yo, Justin Timberlake, T.I, Olly Murs and The Script.

Check for new replies or respond here...