inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Mukbangs

Written By: Howard on 07/06/21 at 1:44 pm

For those who don't know what a mukbang is, A mukbang is a YouTube genre where a person who eats a gargantuan amount of food in front of a camera for money, views, thumbs and likes and there's this mukbanger who used to be skinny and vegan back in 2016, just decided a few years later that he didn't want to be vegan any longer and now he consumes himself with humongous caloric foods every day, his name is Nikocado Avacado (Nicholas Perry) he is closing in on 30 years old, I've seen plenty of his videos and they're hard to stomach but he's quite hilarious, He's already 350 pounds, I just don't think he'll reach his 30's judging by the way he looks but take a look for yourself and tell me what you think.

https://biographymask.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/Nikocado-Avocado-in-a-past-and-present-photo.jpg

Subject: Re: Mukbangs

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/06/21 at 2:10 pm

Is Mukbang dangerous?

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 07/06/21 at 2:13 pm

I think this is just plain sad. This is the truly destructive part of social media, Youtube, etc. Misguided people exploiting themselves.

Written By: Howard on 07/07/21 at 4:50 am

Is Mukbang dangerous?

Yes they can be dangerous if eaten in big quantities, it can cause diabetes, high blood pressure, heart issues, teeth and mouth pain, obesity and all sorts of other things too. If you've seen Nick's mukbangs he eats hamburgers, pizza, fried chicken, spicy fire noodles and others that have huge amounts of sodium in them and does it in front of a camera for his audience for the income, he doesn't have a job because doing this IS his job.

Written By: Howard on 07/07/21 at 4:51 am

I think this is just plain sad. This is the truly destructive part of social media, Youtube, etc. Misguided people exploiting themselves.

I know, it is sad, the only income they have is doing things in front of a camera for their audience just for the money. :(

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/07/21 at 5:10 am

Then there’s Joey Chestnut, who broke his own record on the 4th, wolfing down 76 hot dogs and buns in 10 minutes.  :o

https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/04/us/nathans-hot-dog-contest-2021-winners-joey-chestnut-michelle-lesco/index.html

Probably went thru a whole roll of TP over the next 24 hours.  ;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/07/21 at 5:11 am

I know, it is sad, the only income they have is doing things in front of a camera for their audience just for the money. :(
You can make money from it?

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/07/21 at 5:12 am

Yes they can be dangerous if eaten in big quantities, it can cause diabetes, high blood pressure, heart issues, teeth and mouth pain, obesity and all sorts of other things too. If you've seen Nick's mukbangs he eats hamburgers, pizza, fried chicken, spicy fire noodles and others that have huge amounts of sodium in them and does it in front of a camera for his audience for the income, he doesn't have a job because doing this IS his job.

I wonder how much money he makes, and if it at least covers the cost of the food? ???

Written By: Howard on 07/07/21 at 5:16 am

Then there’s Joey Chestnut, who broke his own record on the 4th, wolfing down 76 hot dogs and buns in 10 minutes.  :o

https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/04/us/nathans-hot-dog-contest-2021-winners-joey-chestnut-michelle-lesco/index.html

Probably went thru a whole roll of TP over the next 24 hours.  ;D

It's going to catch up with him once he's in his older age.

Written By: Howard on 07/07/21 at 5:17 am

You can make money from it?

Yes but not much.

Written By: Howard on 07/07/21 at 5:19 am

I wonder how much money he makes, and if it at least covers the cost of the food? ???

Nikocado Avocado Net Worth – $2.3 Million

Nikocado Avocado is a popular food blogger from America who is known for his popular mukbangs in which he cooks food in front of an audience. His real name is Nicholas Perry. He has an estimated net worth of around $2.3 million.

LB you should watch his videos, it's funny and sad at the same time.

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/07/21 at 5:42 am

Yes but not much.
A fake way to make money?

Written By: Howard on 07/07/21 at 3:03 pm

A fake way to make money?

If you keep doing the things you do on your channel and people like your content then people will send you money.

Written By: Howard on 07/07/21 at 3:06 pm

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/aXdFYgPLfHU/maxresdefault.jpg
This is him stuffing his fat face. ^

Written By: Howard on 07/09/21 at 3:04 pm

If one person continues to mukbang, that could lead to very serious health problems down the road in your old age.

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/10/21 at 7:49 am

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/aXdFYgPLfHU/maxresdefault.jpg
This is him stuffing his fat face. ^

I don’t see a McRib in that pic. So sad.  :P

Written By: Howard on 07/10/21 at 3:26 pm

I don’t see a McRib in that pic. So sad.  :P

I don't think in all the mukbangs he's done I have not seen him eat a McRib but if he did then he'd smother it in mounds of cheese sauce. :P

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/10/21 at 8:46 pm

Mukbanging has its own Wikipedia page now.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mukbang

Written By: Early2010sGuy on 07/11/21 at 2:03 am

Woah, I was just talking about Nikocado Avocado with my friends earlier, and I did not expect this to pop up on the boards 😅

Yeah, its especially concerning how he went from a nice, sweet person who used to play the violin, to an obese, toxic monster 😞 I get that even when he was vegan, he had some physical and mental problems too, but he shouldn't have gone overboard with this...

Which is why I prefer watching other mukbangers who is aware of what to prevent, and stay fit like Zach Choi and Stephanie Soo, two of which have had beef with this guy more than last year now.

Written By: Early2010sGuy on 07/11/21 at 2:04 am

True  :\'( After seeing and cringing how him and Orlin fight all the time, I guess it's time for Orlin to REALLY leave him because not only is Nick destroying himself, but his husband too.

Written By: Early2010sGuy on 07/11/21 at 2:08 am

Is Mukbang dangerous?
It depends, if you do it everyday, we all know what would happen, as Howard explained. However, if it's just once a while, then it's ok, kinda like a cheat day.

Zach Choi is an ASMR mukbanger who only does it once a month, and he remains fit because he burns off the fat and eats healthy in between.

Stephanie Soo is also a great example, where her Fiance helps her finish every meal, so basically, she only eats regular size, while her fiance eats half of what's on the plate, leaving a few scraps at the end. Just like Zach, she works out by burning off the fat the day after she does a mukbang.

But my God it's depressing to see how Nick became like this.

Written By: Early2010sGuy on 07/11/21 at 2:10 am

nBV2VINkMmQ
Seems like this is my new weight loss motivation 😂😂😂

Written By: Howard on 07/11/21 at 6:51 am

Woah, I was just talking about Nikocado Avocado with my friends earlier, and I did not expect this to pop up on the boards 😅

Yeah, its especially concerning how he went from a nice, sweet person who used to play the violin, to an obese, toxic monster 😞 I get that even when he was vegan, he had some physical and mental problems too, but he shouldn't have gone overboard with this...

Which is why I prefer watching other mukbangers who is aware of what to prevent, and stay fit like Zach Choi and Stephanie Soo, two of which have had beef with this guy more than last year now.

And Nick has 4 channels with the very same damn thing he does, he's so desperate for money and plus he likes to travel and has a penthouse so he says from all the money he makes from his OnlyFans account. ::)

Written By: Howard on 07/11/21 at 6:53 am

True  :\'( After seeing and cringing how him and Orlin fight all the time, I guess it's time for Orlin to REALLY leave him because not only is Nick destroying himself, but his husband too.

I just find him funny at the way he does stupid things to himself then he starts to cry on camera. ;D

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/11/21 at 9:56 am

I just find him funny at the way he does stupid things to himself then he starts to cry on camera. ;D

Does he ever blow chow 8-P after eating too much? ???

Written By: Early2010sGuy on 07/11/21 at 10:22 am

And Nick has 4 channels with the very same damn thing he does, he's so desperate for money and plus he likes to travel and has a penthouse so he says from all the money he makes from his OnlyFans account. ::)
I don't wanna know about it or see about it 🤢🤮

Written By: Early2010sGuy on 07/11/21 at 10:23 am

*Runs around the house with camera* "IM GETTING FAT AND I DONT KNOW WHY"  ;D ;D ;D

Written By: Howard on 07/11/21 at 1:49 pm

Does he ever blow chow 8-P after eating too much? ???

Blow Chow? You mean vomit? maybe I don't know about that but he has in one of his videos he's pooped or in another words "sharted" cause he's so obese and of all the mukbangs he's done over the years has gotten to his stomach and ass.  ::)

Written By: Howard on 07/11/21 at 1:50 pm

*Runs around the house with camera* "IM GETTING FAT AND I DONT KNOW WHY"  ;D ;D ;D

He's saying he don't know why? Look at all that food you stuff in your face you fat shlub!  ::)

Written By: Howard on 07/11/21 at 1:52 pm

I don't wanna know about it or see about it 🤢🤮

I don't want to see it either.  8-P

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/03/21 at 4:26 pm

All this brings to mind the 2004 documentary "Super Size Me", in which the director and star Morgan Spurlock, an American independent filmmaker follows a 30-day period during which he ate only McDonald's food.

Written By: Howard on 08/04/21 at 4:27 am

All this brings to mind the 2004 documentary "Super Size Me", in which the director and star Morgan Spurlock, an American independent filmmaker follows a 30-day period during which he ate only McDonald's food.

Having a lot of that can cause serious health problems down the road.

Written By: Howard on 08/12/21 at 7:10 am

Obesity can increase if one continues to mukbang every day.

Written By: Wink-182 on 08/12/21 at 11:49 am

I never really found the appeal of watching someone eat, same goes for ASMR.

Written By: Howard on 08/12/21 at 2:01 pm

I never really found the appeal of watching someone eat, same goes for ASMR.

I find it to be very cringeworthy. 8-P

Written By: whistledog on 08/12/21 at 4:17 pm

The Mukbangs sounds like a really bad musical act lol

Written By: Howard on 08/13/21 at 4:29 am

The Mukbangs sounds like a really bad musical act lol

I know, it does in a way.  ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...