inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: When will masks no longer be mandatory on public transport?

Written By: Slim95 on 07/25/21 at 5:10 pm

Also, when will we be able to travel again?  ???

Subject: Re: When will masks no longer be mandatory on public transport?

Written By: Howard on 07/26/21 at 4:36 am

Also, when will we be able to travel again?  ???

Unfortunately, where I live masks are still mandatory and they will kick you off if you aren't wearing one on board.

Written By: karen on 07/26/21 at 5:18 am

You can’t hope to get a sensible answer to this question. There rules vary so much from country to country (state to state)

In England the government no longer requires mask wearing, but individual transport companies have still made it one of their requirements.

Other countries within the U.K. still require mask wearing for the foreseeable future

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-51205344

Written By: Contigo on 07/26/21 at 11:01 am

You can’t hope to get a sensible answer to this question. There rules vary so much from country to country (state to state)

This.
It depends where you are, what number of covid cases are like in your area/city/province/state/country. Depends what each government decides.  Many factors.
It will happen over time.

Written By: Slim95 on 07/26/21 at 12:38 pm

Unfortunately, where I live masks are still mandatory and they will kick you off if you aren't wearing one on board.

Same as here. I hope it isn't required for much longer. Of course having it recommended and still having people wear masks if they choose to do so is fine.

Written By: Howard on 07/26/21 at 3:25 pm

Same as here. I hope it isn't required for much longer. Of course having it recommended and still having people wear masks if they choose to do so is fine.

It's their prerogative, I think masks should now be used for hospitals and not for avoiding people.

Written By: Howard on 08/01/21 at 2:22 pm

When they get rid of mask mandates altogether.

Written By: Slim95 on 08/07/21 at 12:19 pm

I was on the bus today and the bus driver wouldn't let people in or open the door unless you were wearing a mask.

Written By: Howard on 08/08/21 at 6:59 am

I was on the bus today and the bus driver wouldn't let people in or open the door unless you were wearing a mask.

There was this one guy on the bus who didn't wear a mask and the driver just kicked him off for not wearing one.

Check for new replies or respond here...