inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The 2020s Totally Suck

Written By: Slim95 on 08/14/21 at 12:45 am

And I thought the 2010s were already bad... Just imagine how bad the 2030s will be. This world is falling apart as time moves on.

Subject: Re: The 2020s Totally Suck

Written By: NightmareFarm on 08/14/21 at 4:11 am

It's not perfect but it's better than the 10s so far imo

Written By: Howard on 08/14/21 at 4:17 am

And I thought the 2010s were already bad... Just imagine how bad the 2030s will be. This world is falling apart as time moves on.

I don't think it totally sucks, there have been some bad things that had happened such as Donald Trump and Andrew Cuomo, wildfires, hurricanes, heatwaves and so much rainfall.

Written By: LooseBolt on 08/14/21 at 4:43 am

Now you’re just getting predictable. ::)

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/14/21 at 6:38 am

Well we;re almost in the mid-2020s so things should clear up.

Written By: batfan2005 on 08/14/21 at 8:21 am

At this rate it is believed the world civilization will collapse around 2040, mainly due to catastrophic climate disasters. That's actually optimistic to think we have about another 20 years.

I don't think it totally sucks, there have been some bad things that had happened such as Donald Trump and Andrew Cuomo, wildfires, hurricanes, heatwaves and so much rainfall.

Not to mention the pandemic that never ends.

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/14/21 at 8:31 am

At this rate it is believed the world civilization will collapse around 2040, mainly due to catastrophic climate disasters. That's actually optimistic to think we have about another 20 years.

Then it’s time to party like it’s 1999.  8)

rblt2EtFfC4

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 08/14/21 at 9:12 am

Didn't we already have this thread?

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 08/14/21 at 9:19 am

Well we;re almost in the mid-2020s so things should clear up.

Is that the general pattern? Are there ever variations?

Written By: Contigo on 08/14/21 at 10:19 am

Part of me wants to say that most stuff has sucked since the end of the 1980s. Another part of me says to myself "hey man, you are alive, breathing, it is much better than the alternative" so then I think its doesnt suck, just glad to still be alive. 
I have a roof over my head, able to pay rent, have enough food on the table every day, I can see sunrises and sunsets, take a walk in the park, see all kinds of beautiful flowers...I'll let the Cowsills take it from here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uC9tALmALh0

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 08/14/21 at 1:23 pm

Part of me wants to say that most stuff has sucked since the end of the 1980s. Another part of me says to myself "hey man, you are alive, breathing, it is much better than the alternative" so then I think its doesnt suck, just glad to still be alive. 
I have a roof over my head, able to pay rent, have enough food on the table every day, I can see sunrises and sunsets, take a walk in the park, see all kinds of beautiful flowers...I'll let the Cowsills take it from here.

Yes, I don't get what the OP is so miserable about. The only thing I can think of is he or somebody close to him got the virus in a bad way. If so, I'd be screaming at the top of my lungs too that the 2020s suck. Granted the music and the arts of the 2020s suck the big one, but I have the unfair advantage when it comes to that. I come from the 60s and 70s when the music was glorious. It seemed there wasn't a day that went by that great new songs and albums didn't come out. Everything after that was a bit 8-P. But that glorious period of music was enough to sustain me for a lifetime.  :-*

Written By: exodus08 on 08/14/21 at 2:07 pm

Tell that to the Jewish people of the 1930s and 1940s. Tell that to the Native Americans and African slaves of the 1500s to the 1800s. Now tell me why the 2020s suck again? What are you complaining about?

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 08/14/21 at 2:19 pm

Tell that to the Jewish people of the 1930s and 1940s. Tell that to the Native Americans and African slaves of the 1500s to the 1800s. Now tell me why the 2020s suck again? What are you complaining about?

And also tell the 58,220 young American boys (and some girls)---average age 19--- sent to the slaughter in Vietnam in the 1960s by the so called "greatest generation" (I refuse to capitalize it). And tell the countless Vietnamese civilians killed. As I mentioned in my previous post, the music and art and culture of the 1960s was glorious. It was a beautiful, expansive  time to be alive. UNLESS you got DRAFTED.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/14/21 at 4:45 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uC9tALmALh0

I saw them in concert WAY back in the dark ages. (I just looked it up and it was 50 years ago tomorrow.  :o :o :o ) It was at Mountain Park in Holyoke, Mass. I remember after, we went to the local Howard Johnson's (HoJos) for dinner. As we were coming out, the Cowsills were going in. I remember going over and touching their van. OOOHHH.  :D ;D ;D ;D

Back to the conversation, I actually think THIS song works, too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0GFRcFm-aY

Cat

Written By: Dude111 on 08/14/21 at 6:51 pm

The world sucks now....

People suck.......

Nothing good about this place..

What did I do so wrong to end up on this shithole?? http://img.techpowerup.org/200414/2i1cdbs.gif

Written By: Contigo on 08/14/21 at 6:57 pm

I saw them in concert WAY back in the dark ages. (I just looked it up and it was 50 years ago tomorrow.  :o :o :o ) It was at Mountain Park in Holyoke, Mass. I remember after, we went to the local Howard Johnson's (HoJos) for dinner. As we were coming out, the Cowsills were going in. I remember going over and touching their van. OOOHHH.  :D ;D ;D ;D

Back to the conversation, I actually think THIS song works, too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0GFRcFm-aY

Cat

That is SO SO cool you saw the Cowsills.

Written By: exodus08 on 08/14/21 at 7:13 pm

The world sucks now....

People suck.......

What did I do so wrong to end up on this sheeshhole?? http://img.techpowerup.org/200414/2i1cdbs.gif

NEWS FLASH!

The world has always sucked, People have always sucked. Younger generations still complain about everything especially if you live in a first world country.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 08/14/21 at 7:20 pm

NEWS FLASH!

The world has always sucked, People have always sucked. Younger generations still complain about everything especially if you live in a first world country.

I think it's funny how many people look at the 1980's as being such a great decade, but I grew up in the 80's and I thought they sucked.  ;D

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 08/14/21 at 7:31 pm

The world sucks now....

People suck.......

What did I do so wrong to end up on this sheeshhole?? http://img.techpowerup.org/200414/2i1cdbs.gif

Dude, there's always chocolate milk.  ;D

Written By: Dude111 on 08/15/21 at 3:07 am

Ya your right I guess buddy! (Im drinking reg whole milk now (Organic))

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/15/21 at 6:14 am

And also tell the 58,220 young American boys (and some girls)---average age 19--- sent to the slaughter in Vietnam in the 1960s by the so called "greatest generation" (I refuse to capitalize it). And tell the countless Vietnamese civilians killed. As I mentioned in my previous post, the music and art and culture of the 1960s was glorious. It was a beautiful, expansive  time to be alive. UNLESS you got DRAFTED.

Then you have the 70s which continued in Vietnam, and also was probably the cheesiest decade for music.

Written By: Howard on 08/15/21 at 7:05 am

Not to mention the pandemic that never ends.

And the COVID rate keeps increasing.

Written By: Howard on 08/15/21 at 7:07 am

The world sucks now....

People suck.......

;D

Written By: Dude111 on 08/16/21 at 1:13 am

Ah man!!

Written By: Howard on 08/16/21 at 4:30 am

I think just as soon as this pandemic will be over, The 2020's won't be as bad as it started out.

Written By: batfan2005 on 08/16/21 at 8:27 am

I think just as soon as this pandemic will be over, The 2020's won't be as bad as it started out.

Whenever that's going to be. Right now it seems like there's no end in sight. I'm not going to hold my breath next time it dips low.

Also at least in US cities crime and violence is the worst its been this century and could match the crack epidemic days of the late 1980's/early 90's.

Written By: violet_shy on 08/16/21 at 10:05 pm

Well, we still have 8 years of the 2020s. Maybe things will get better later on in the decade. I have a feeling 2025 will be a great year! And if I'm wrong, then I'll just post I was wrong. ;D

Written By: Slim95 on 08/16/21 at 10:06 pm

Well, we still have 8 years of the 2020s. Maybe things will get better later on in the decade. I have a feeling 2025 will be a great year! And if I'm wrong, then I'll just post I was wrong. ;D

I don't think it will get better I think it will get worse.

Written By: violet_shy on 08/16/21 at 10:10 pm

We'll just never know until we are well into the decade. But I totally understand why you feel that way.

Written By: batfan2005 on 08/17/21 at 5:48 am

I think 2024 will be a bad year if the same common denominator of the 2016 and 2020 elections runs again.

Always better to keep your expectations low so you'll never be disappointed. I went in to 2021 expecting the worst after going through 2020 and it turned out to be better, but that was just the first half. The second half snuck up on me and caught me off guard.

Written By: LooseBolt on 08/17/21 at 6:40 am

Yes, I don't get what the OP is so miserable about. The only thing I can think of is he or somebody close to him got the virus in a bad way. If so, I'd be screaming at the top of my lungs too that the 2020s suck. Granted the music and the arts of the 2020s suck the big one, but I have the unfair advantage when it comes to that. I come from the 60s and 70s when the music was glorious. It seemed there wasn't a day that went by that great new songs and albums didn't come out. Everything after that was a bit 8-P. But that glorious period of music was enough to sustain me for a lifetime.  :-*

Complaining is his favorite hobby. That’s all he’s done since at least 2017.

Written By: Howard on 08/17/21 at 7:03 am

Whenever that's going to be. Right now it seems like there's no end in sight. I'm not going to hold my breath next time it dips low.

Also at least in US cities crime and violence is the worst its been this century and could match the crack epidemic days of the late 1980's/early 90's.

I know, violence is way out of control.  :o

Written By: 80sfan on 08/20/21 at 3:06 am

I hope the economy goes up after Corona settles down by 2023, or whenever!

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/20/21 at 5:21 am

I hope the economy goes up after Corona settles down by 2023, or whenever!

I’m in the trucking business. For us, the economy has been gangbusters for more than a year. Our drivers are making money like crazy.

Written By: JimiBoy04 on 08/30/21 at 8:34 pm

I wouldn't give up all of our hopes yet. The decade is still very young. We aren't even halfway through the first half of the decade. I'll say wait until 2024 or 2025 to start judging it.

Written By: batfan2005 on 08/30/21 at 9:49 pm

I wouldn't give up all of our hopes yet. The decade is still very young. We aren't even halfway through the first half of the decade. I'll say wait until 2024 or 2025 to start judging it.

That's what we were saying around April or May of 2020, that it might get better in the summer. What if this entire decade is meant to be like 2020 (just add " 's").

Written By: JimiBoy04 on 08/30/21 at 10:01 pm

That's what we were saying around April or May of 2020, that it might get better in the summer. What if this entire decade is meant to be like 2020 (just add " 's").

Ahhh, there's a scary thought. A good way to spend my young adult years, I guess!  :\'(

Written By: Howard on 08/31/21 at 7:09 am

Let's wait a couple of years until we start judging it, things could get better by then.

Written By: LooseBolt on 08/31/21 at 3:52 pm

If people just got their damned vaccines, maybe we wouldn’t all still be stuck at home! >:(

Written By: Howard on 09/01/21 at 4:04 am

If people just got their damned vaccines, maybe we wouldn’t all still be stuck at home! >:(

Some people don't want to but that's their decision if they choose to not get vaccinated.

Check for new replies or respond here...