inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Nobody Will Be Nostalgic For The Early 2020s

Written By: Slim95 on 08/26/21 at 11:35 pm

Who in their right mind would?  ;D

Subject: Re: Nobody Will Be Nostalgic For The Early 2020s

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/27/21 at 2:43 am

If we are still around to be nostalgic with?

Written By: Howard on 08/27/21 at 4:21 am

I don't think The early 2020's would be nostalgic anyways.

Written By: NightmareFarm on 08/27/21 at 11:44 am

I could be. Being paid to stay at home all day and do nothing is fun and there's a lot of good games coming out.

It's better than the 10s at least, primarily the late 10s.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 08/27/21 at 12:17 pm

It could be that people are nostalgic for the age they were and what they were feeling as opposed to the actual world or cultural events taking place at any given time. Yeah, there's a terrible virus going on, but it could also be the exact time someone fell in love for the first time or some such. Or had a pet that they loved. In later years they may be nostalgic for that. People here must stop always associating "nostalgia" with culture so much.

Written By: exodus08 on 08/27/21 at 12:31 pm

I'm at the age where I'm not gonna be nostalgic for this era anyways since I'm not a kid, teen or a twenty-something year old.

Written By: Slim95 on 08/27/21 at 12:48 pm

I'm at the age where I'm not gonna be nostalgic for this era anyways since I'm not a kid, teen or a twenty-something year old.

So you don't think a person in their 60s would get nostalgic for the time when they were in their 30s and 40s?  ??? Why would nostalgia end in your 20s?

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 08/27/21 at 12:52 pm

So you don't think a person in their 60s would get nostalgic for the time when they were in their 30s and 40s?  ??? Why would nostalgia end in your 20s?

See my previous post. It may end for cultural things, but probably not end for personal things.

Written By: Slim95 on 08/27/21 at 1:02 pm

It could be that people are nostalgic for the age they were and what they were feeling as opposed to the actual world or cultural events taking place at any given time. Yeah, there's a terrible virus going on, but it could also be the exact time someone fell in love for the first time or some such. Or had a pet that they loved. In later years they may be nostalgic for that. People here must stop always associating "nostalgia" with culture so much.

You make a good point.

Written By: CarCar on 08/28/21 at 4:00 am

Wouldn’t they be nostalgic for things that revolves around them not the world at large like someone who is 60 and was a parent in the 90s and 2000s would probably feel nostalgic for those reasons not for the politics.

Written By: batfan2005 on 08/28/21 at 7:30 am

I haven't felt nostalgic for anything after 2012, except the second half of 2018. Not only that but the "teen" years were kind of a blur to me and I don't remember much, not details anyway like how I can remember the 2000's years.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 08/28/21 at 7:55 am

I haven't felt nostalgic for anything after 2012, except the second half of 2018. Not only that but the "teen" years were kind of a blur to me and I don't remember much, not details anyway like how I can remember the 2000's years.

You felt nostalgia for things before 2012, but nothing thereafter. except a sudden blast for the second half of 2018. Can nostalgia jump around like that? This is what I mean about the extremely specific, sort of "picking and choosing" of "nostalgia". The example you gave couldn't be more specific. Was it the culture of the second half of 2018 that causes you to feel nostalgic, or was it personal? Plus, 2018 wasn't that long ago. How far back does something have to be for it to be considered "nostalgia"?

Written By: batfan2005 on 08/28/21 at 8:58 am

You felt nostalgia for things before 2012, but nothing thereafter. except a sudden blast for the second half of 2018. Can nostalgia jump around like that? This is what I mean about the extremely specific, sort of "picking and choosing" of "nostalgia". The example you gave couldn't be more specific. Was it the culture of the second half of 2018 that causes you to feel nostalgic, or was it personal? Plus, 2018 wasn't that long ago. How far back does something have to be for it to be considered "nostalgia"?

It was personal moments that I have fond memories of in 2018, and some of the songs from that time remind me of those moments. At least that's my understanding of the definition of "nostalgia".

Written By: xX07-GhostXx on 08/30/21 at 11:33 pm

You felt nostalgia for things before 2012, but nothing thereafter. except a sudden blast for the second half of 2018. Can nostalgia jump around like that?

Absolutely

Written By: xX07-GhostXx on 08/30/21 at 11:38 pm

I don't know.

I think this is pretty freaking hilarious (below), if for no other reason than the narration and voicing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEEUmfW0qFQ

Check for new replies or respond here...