inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Macy’s Bringing Back Toys R Us at 400 Locations

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/29/21 at 4:23 pm

The storied retailer is bringing Toys R Us back in the form of “in store stores” at 400 Macy’s locations.  8)

https://www.fool.com/investing/2021/08/27/toys-r-us-macys-disney-target-bigger-impact/

It’s too bad that the Macy’s that was near where I live shut down a couple years ago.  :\'(

Subject: Re: Macy’s Bringing Back Toys R Us at 400 Locations

Written By: AmericanGirl on 08/29/21 at 5:50 pm

The storied retailer is bringing Toys R Us back in the form of “in store stores” at 400 Macy’s locations.  8)

https://www.fool.com/investing/2021/08/27/toys-r-us-macys-disney-target-bigger-impact/

It’s too bad that the Macy’s that was near where I live shut down a couple years ago.  :\'(

Could increase foot traffic - a great move perhaps?  I welcome seeing toys back in brick-and-mortar spots especially for the holidays.

Written By: nally on 08/29/21 at 6:00 pm

Could increase foot traffic - a great move perhaps?  I welcome seeing toys back in brick-and-mortar spots especially for the holidays.

My thoughts exactly.

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/29/21 at 6:34 pm

I imagine that’s what Macy’s is thinking.

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/30/21 at 4:11 am

Any hope for the UK?

Written By: Howard on 08/30/21 at 4:33 am

That's great, I used to go to Toys R Us growing up as a kid.

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/30/21 at 5:09 am

Any hope for the UK?

Does the UK have any Macy’s stores? ???

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/30/21 at 5:39 am

Does the UK have any Macy’s stores? ???
No Macy's here, but we still have many an empty warehouse store still bearing the Toys R Us logo.

Written By: whistledog on 08/31/21 at 8:45 pm

I still shop at Toys R Us.  The ones in Canada are owned by a different corporation and operate independently, so they never closed.  As a collector of action figures and video games, it's one of my favourite stores.  It does get awkward sometimes during the holiday season when I am looking at the toys, and someone will come up to me, and think I am shopping for my kid and I don't want to be like "I don't have kids.  I'm shopping for me because I am a geek in his 40s" LOL

Written By: Howard on 09/01/21 at 4:03 am

I still shop at Toys R Us.  The ones in Canada are owned by a different corporation and operate independently, so they never closed.  As a collector of action figures and video games, it's one of my favourite stores.  It does get awkward sometimes during the holiday season when I am looking at the toys, and someone will come up to me, and think I am shopping for my kid and I don't want to be like "I don't have kids.  I'm shopping for me because I am a geek in his 40s" LOL

I used to shop In The late 80's and early 90's when they had video games for sale at a cheap low price.

Check for new replies or respond here...