inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: When will the pastel colour trend of the early '20s die off?

Written By: Slim95 on 09/07/21 at 10:16 pm

When will this trend die?

Subject: Re: When will the pastel colour trend of the early '20s die off?

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 09/08/21 at 9:12 am

There actually is such a trend. Of sorts. I went to a birthday party and the frosting on the cake was an array of striped, pastel-ish colors. I didn't think too much about it. But then somebody showed up at the party and I noticed the gift bag that contained the gift they brought had they same pastel-ish stripes as the cake. I mentioned it, and she said "oh, yes, it's 'unicorn'". As if "unicorn" was a color! Or a pattern, I guess we could say. Who knew such a thing existed? It sounds very made up to me, like somebody in the marketing department of a company needed something to do.  :D

Written By: CarCar on 09/08/21 at 2:01 pm

When will this trend die?

It seems to be a hangover of the late 2010s, it’s been going on since around 2015-2016ish ?

Personally it’s gotten drab overused for everything, even in music videos

Written By: Slim95 on 09/08/21 at 6:42 pm

It seems to be a hangover of the late 2010s, it’s been going on since around 2015-2016ish ?

Personally it’s gotten drab overused for everything, even in music videos

I've only noticed it since 2019 so I see it as an early '20s trend. In the late 2010s it was far more stale, not colourful at all. Only in early 2019 have I noticed it pop up like in the Taylor Swift Me music video.

Written By: violet_shy on 09/08/21 at 7:02 pm

I want warm, earth tones to come back! Maybe during the Winter.

Written By: CarCar on 09/09/21 at 12:08 am

I've only noticed it since 2019 so I see it as an early '20s trend. In the late 2010s it was far more stale, not colourful at all. Only in early 2019 have I noticed it pop up like in the Taylor Swift Me music video.

I noticed it more in music videos, especially the ones by KPop stars and anything with Halsey.

In the mid 2010s people were using muted pastel colors such as grays and browns. I blame Kanye West fashion line for this

Check for new replies or respond here...