inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Andy Murray appeals for help to find his wedding ring

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/07/21 at 6:21 am

Even when he is thousands of miles away, Andy Murray has still managed to get himself "in the bad books at home".

What started with a bid to freshen up his smelly tennis shoes has ended with them being "stolen" - along with his wedding ring.

"Got a quick story here for you that I need a little bit of help with," the 34-year-old said in an appeal on his Instagram story.

Murray, preparing to play at Indian Wells for the first time since 2017, went on to explain how he had left his shoes overnight under the car his team are using while in California to try and dry them out after a hard day's practice.

When he went to get them the next morning, they were gone. "Not the end of the world", he thought, as he went to buy some more.

But the fact that he ties his wedding ring to his laces while training and playing had completely slipped his mind.

"My physio said to me 'where's your wedding ring?' I was like 'oh no'," he said.

"My wedding ring has been stolen as well so needless to say I'm in the bad books at home, so I need to find it."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/tennis/58824365

Subject: Re: Andy Murray appeals for help to find his wedding ring

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/08/21 at 3:57 am

Good news!

Andy Murray has been reunited with his wedding ring, he is now in his wife's good books, but his trainers still smell.

Check for new replies or respond here...