inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Is Art Deco in style at all (home decor)?

Written By: 90s Guy on 10/16/21 at 12:24 pm

I know in the late 80s/early - mid 90s art deco was in, in many ways, from art, to statues etc

What about now?

Subject: Re: Is Art Deco in style at all (home decor)?

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 10/16/21 at 2:30 pm

Art deco is a timeless thing. It can be found in may buildings, hotels, etc.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/16/21 at 3:12 pm

I don't think Art Deco and Art Nouveau will ever go out of style. You could say the same thing about Mid-Century Modern but I think Mid-Century Modern is more of a required taste where Art Deco & Art Nouveau are seen as classic.

Cat

Written By: violet_shy on 10/16/21 at 9:33 pm

I hope not Art Deco was ugly. Never understood the idea of it. It's like modern art. There's nothing charming about it.

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/18/21 at 4:35 am

Art deco is a timeless thing. It can be found in may buildings, hotels, etc.
I love Art Deco, especially the buildings of the 1920s and 1930s, for instance, the Chrysler Building in New York, and various buildings in London.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 10/18/21 at 8:32 am

I love Art Deco, especially the buildings of the 1920s and 1930s, for instance, the Chrysler Building in New York, and various buildings in London.

Agreed And, of course, the Wizard's palace in the "Wizard of Oz" movie is is clearly depicted as an art deco building. I also like the "streamline moderne" branch of art deco.

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/18/21 at 8:49 am

Agreed And, of course, the Wizard's palace in the "Wizard of Oz" movie is is clearly depicted as an art deco building. I also like the "streamline moderne" branch of art deco.
I have always like the story of The Skyscraper Race: The Empire State and Chrysler Buildings.

Check for new replies or respond here...