inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Hooters employees are pushing back against new revealing uniforms

Written By: LyricBoy on 10/16/21 at 5:04 pm

Seems that there is unrest amongst the Hooters servers, who are protesting the latest shorts that the company has designated are must-wear attire.  :P

https://www.businessinsider.com/hooters-employees-are-pushing-back-against-new-revealing-uniforms-2021-10

Subject: Re: Hooters employees are pushing back against new revealing uniforms

Written By: Howard on 10/17/21 at 7:34 am

Seems that there is unrest amongst the Hooters servers, who are protesting the latest shorts that the company has designated are must-wear attire.  :P

https://www.businessinsider.com/hooters-employees-are-pushing-back-against-new-revealing-uniforms-2021-10

But wearing revealing uniforms was the whole purpose of getting men excited, they'd wear The Hooter shirts with showing off a peek of their breasts while most of the women would try to flirt with you sometimes after you'd order your meal.

Written By: LyricBoy on 10/17/21 at 11:55 am

But wearing revealing uniforms was the whole purpose of getting men excited, they'd wear The Hooter shirts with showing off a peek of their breasts while most of the women would try to flirt with you sometimes after you'd order your meal.

The traditional Hooters tops have always been form fitting, but not particularly revealing.

The Hooters gals have protested about the new shorts because essentially their butt cheeks are hanging out. I agree, that’s taking things too far.

Written By: Howard on 10/17/21 at 1:50 pm

The traditional Hooters tops have always been form fitting, but not particularly revealing.

The Hooters gals have protested about the new shorts because essentially their butt cheeks are hanging out. I agree, that’s taking things too far.

I don't mind their butt cheeks hanging out, doesn't bother me. ;)

Written By: karen on 10/18/21 at 11:24 am

I don't mind their butt cheeks hanging out, doesn't bother me. ;)

1) you talk like you are in Hooters all the time. When did you last visit?

2) the servers mind having their butt cheeks hanging out, and that is what counts

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 10/18/21 at 11:32 am

2) the servers mind having their butt cheeks hanging out, and that is what counts

Correct. Like the Playboy Club before it, the whole concept of Hooters is now outdated.

Although...like the Playboy bunnies of yore, I would think that any women who do make the decision to work at Hooters would know what they are getting into.

Written By: LyricBoy on 10/18/21 at 6:25 pm

Correct. Like the Playboy Club before it, the whole concept of Hooters is now outdated.

I don’t know about that. There are plenty of Hooters franchises that are doing just fine. There’s something about their owl theme that keeps customers coming back.  ;)

Written By: Howard on 10/19/21 at 7:05 am

I never visited a Hooters before but maybe one day I would like to.

Written By: whistledog on 10/26/21 at 3:39 am

Anyone who willingly works at a place called Hooters, shouldn't complain about the outfits they have to wear, otherwise they should apply to work at Turtlenecks and Long Pants (I don't know if there is a restaurant with that name, but you never know lol) 

Written By: LyricBoy on 10/26/21 at 4:49 am

Anyone who willingly works at a place called Hooters, shouldn't complain about the outfits they have to wear, otherwise they should apply to work at Turtlenecks and Long Pants (I don't know if there is a restaurant with that name, but you never know lol)

I think their owl theme is quite clever. Perhaps some costumes with feathers are in order here.

Written By: Howard on 10/27/21 at 4:31 am

I think their owl theme is quite clever. Perhaps some costumes with feathers are in order here.

That would be dumb, unless you want the waitresses to make an owl "hoot" sound.  ::)

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 10/30/21 at 11:46 am

Or Burqas.  ;D

Written By: LyricBoy on 10/30/21 at 3:48 pm

Hooters Corporate wisely changed their policy and the new shorts are now 'optional'.

So if you like your butt cheeks hanging out, you can wear the new gear.  If you don't like your butt cheeks hanging out, then you can wear the classic Hooters pants. 

Written By: Howard on 10/30/21 at 3:51 pm

Hooters Corporate wisely changed their policy and the new shorts are now 'optional'.

So if you like your butt cheeks hanging out, you can wear the new gear.  If you don't like your butt cheeks hanging out, then you can wear the classic Hooters pants.

I don't care what they wear, anything's fine with me.

Check for new replies or respond here...