inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: I think 2022 will suck

Written By: Slim95 on 11/05/21 at 2:18 pm

I was right about 2021 being a bad year. I think 2022 will be even worse.

Subject: Re: I think 2022 will suck

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 11/05/21 at 2:55 pm

Was this year bad for you personally or was it just all the things you've seen on TV and read on social media?

Written By: batfan2005 on 11/05/21 at 3:46 pm

Was this year bad for you personally or was it just all the things you've seen on TV and read on social media?

For me it was pretty bad personally. It's been one thing after another, partially in the later half. I actually liked 2020 looking back on it, despite the news and social media. Me and my family stayed in good health and I miss working from home.

Written By: Howard on 11/06/21 at 7:12 am

I think this year was a half and half year, it had some good moments and then you have the bad moments.

Written By: Howard on 11/06/21 at 7:13 am

Maybe it won't be that bad.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/06/21 at 1:03 pm

I am playing the wait and see game.

Written By: violet_shy on 11/06/21 at 1:07 pm

I am keeping my hope high for 2022. Hopefully, it will be a great year for everyone. We just never know what will happen in the news or in the media, and that can be scary. I'm staying positive about it though. And as Howard said, maybe it won't be that bad.

Written By: Slim95 on 11/06/21 at 1:22 pm

I am keeping my hope high for 2022. Hopefully, it will be a great year for everyone. We just never know what will happen in the news or in the media, and that can be scary. I'm staying positive about it though. And as Howard said, maybe it won't be that bad.

It will definitely be bad for the unvaccinated. That's a guarantee. How many more human rights will be violated, we will see.

Written By: Howard on 11/06/21 at 1:29 pm

I know, people will still be donning the face masks especially in closed places like restaurants, public transportation and supermarkets too, I still wonder when this "mask mandate" will be gone for good?  ???

Written By: violet_shy on 11/06/21 at 1:33 pm

It will definitely be bad for the unvaccinated. That's a guarantee. How many more human rights will be violated, we will see.

Hm, true.

I know, people will still be donning the face masks especially in closed places like restaurants, public transportation and supermarkets too, I still wonder when this "mask mandate" will be gone for good?  ???

I have a feeling the mask wearing mandate will continue throughout 2022.

Written By: Slim95 on 11/06/21 at 1:36 pm

2020 was way better than 2021. Apart from the lockdowns the first half was great. 2021 is truly when all our rights went away.

Written By: Howard on 11/06/21 at 1:48 pm

Hm, true.

I have a feeling the mask wearing mandate will continue throughout 2022.

What about 2023 or is it too early to tell?  ???

Written By: Slim95 on 11/06/21 at 2:12 pm

What about 2023 or is it too early to tell?  ???

I don't even know if we will make it that far since everything seems so apocolyptic now.

Written By: batfan2005 on 11/06/21 at 2:27 pm

2020 was way better than 2021. Apart from the lockdowns the first half was great. 2021 is truly when all our rights went away.

I actually liked the second half of 2020 and the first half of 2021, when we were finally adjusting to the new normal and before things became really crazy. Yeah, the world really isn't the same anymore.

Written By: xX07-GhostXx on 11/06/21 at 5:24 pm

I hated the first half of 2021 because the Feb freeze in TX made it to where me and my Mom had to stay with my dad and brother, and my brother had to be an a--hole.

Written By: Howard on 11/07/21 at 7:02 am

I actually liked the second half of 2020 and the first half of 2021, when we were finally adjusting to the new normal and before things became really crazy. Yeah, the world really isn't the same anymore.

They were trying to wean us away from wearing the masks till we had to keep on the masks after there was a new variant.

Written By: Howard on 11/07/21 at 7:04 am

Maybe things will look good as we now have a new President, Mayor and Governor.

Written By: batfan2005 on 11/07/21 at 7:15 am

They were trying to wean us away from wearing the masks till we had to keep on the masks after there was a new variant.

That's the thing, by the early summer we actually thought the pandemic was about to be over finally, but then the Delta came and now there's no end in sight.

Maybe things will look good as we now have a new President, Mayor and Governor.

That's the other thing. The early part of year was Biden's honeymoon phase, but that was over in a few months and now it looks like we were better off with Trump.

Written By: Sman12 on 11/07/21 at 1:50 pm

That's the other thing. The early part of year was Biden's honeymoon phase, but that was over in a few months and now it looks like we were better off with Trump.

I find both of them to be detestable (but Trump even more so following 1/6), and I bet Biden won't complete his four-year term with more signs of senility.

But hopefully, the pandemic becomes endemic by 2022 and things around the world will go back to normal with some COVID precautions if need be.

Written By: Howard on 11/07/21 at 2:08 pm

I find both of them to be detestable (but Trump even more so following 1/6), and I bet Biden won't complete his four-year term with more signs of senility.

But hopefully, the pandemic becomes endemic by 2022 and things around the world will go back to normal with some COVID precautions if need be.

I sure hope so.

Written By: batfan2005 on 01/08/22 at 6:32 am

So far it's not off to a great start, for me anyways. It's a continuation of the BS from the second half of 2021.

Written By: Howard on 01/08/22 at 7:10 am

I think 22 will be for me a change in my life as I will try to say "Yes" more often to the store manager if he asks me to come in early or on my days off, I got to be prepared more often, if no one wants to come in during inclement weather I will try to be the person they can count on for them to call on. O0

Written By: Slim95 on 01/08/22 at 12:08 pm

I think 22 will be for me a change in my life as I will try to say "Yes" more often to the store manager if he asks me to come in early or on my days off, I got to be prepared more often, if no one wants to come in during inclement weather I will try to be the person they can count on for them to call on. O0

That's good. Just don't drain yourself. A work-life balance is important.

Written By: Howard on 01/08/22 at 1:01 pm

That's good. Just don't drain yourself. A work-life balance is important.

I understand, I've been saying "no" many a times, I do like to work and also have a life too as well just to balance it out.

Written By: batfan2005 on 02/24/22 at 10:19 am

Looks like you were right again, and we're only in February.

Check for new replies or respond here...