inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Crazy Frog to make a comeback in December

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/17/21 at 10:21 am

Crazy Frog, the force behind a viral ringtone that spawned a global chart-topping single in 2005, is to return.

The blue animated amphibian, known for riding an imaginary motorcycle while impersonating the sound of its engine, famously beat Coldplay to UK number one with his version of Axel F - the theme to the Beverly Hills Cop films.

The infuriatingly infectious frog will return on YouTube on 10 December.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-59296288

Subject: Re: Crazy Frog to make a comeback in December

Written By: karen on 11/17/21 at 4:26 pm

A couple of months ago we were listening to something on the radio that featured the original Axel F tune (maybe Pick of the Pops) Anyway, James commented that he recognised the tune, but that it didn’t sound quite right. I added a few Crazy Frog sound effects and he  realised what was missing.

Written By: batfan2005 on 11/17/21 at 8:44 pm

At least one thing from 2005 coming back in 2021, lol.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/18/21 at 1:19 am

I refuse to have it as a ringtone!

Written By: VHSfan0101 on 11/18/21 at 9:16 pm

Crazy Frog, the force behind a viral ringtone that spawned a global chart-topping single in 2005, is to return.

The blue animated amphibian, known for riding an imaginary motorcycle while impersonating the sound of its engine, famously beat Coldplay to UK number one with his version of Axel F - the theme to the Beverly Hills Cop films.

The infuriatingly infectious frog will return on YouTube on 10 December.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-59296288

Philip Eno, I'm not surprised to hear that. I have been hearing Eurodance music a lot on Tiktok lately and hearing Eurodance music instrumentals in tv commercials lately. As a fan of Eurodance music, I hope Eurodance music being played a lot lately will cause the genre to make a full-fledged comeback.

Check for new replies or respond here...