inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Bill Cosby: Prosecutors Taking Another Bite at the Apple

Written By: LyricBoy on 11/29/21 at 5:57 pm

It seems that the Montgomery County, PA district attorney is dissatisfied with the PA Supreme Court’s decision involving Bill Cosby that set him free.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/bill-cosby-supreme-court?cmpid=fb_fnc&fbclid=IwAR0xCid3nEL0nnY2FfXaSM8gKuEpmPc-KWBWVnvOtBvpnu0CRNXlRsz01Fw

They have filed an appeal with the US Supreme Court, asking it to reverse the ruling with effect that America’s Dad would be returned to the slam :o. My money says that the SCOTUS will refuse to hear the case.

Subject: Re: Bill Cosby: Prosecutors Taking Another Bite at the Apple

Written By: LyricBoy on 11/30/21 at 5:03 am

This Variety article includes a link to the legal filing made to the SCOTUS.

https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/pennsylvania-da-appeals-bill-cosby-ruling-u-s-supreme-court-1235121492/

Some of the subject matter is rather seedy.  8-P

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/07/22 at 7:00 pm

The Supreme Court of the United States has refused to take up the Cosby case. So there will be no re-trial.

Written By: Howard on 03/08/22 at 3:27 am

The Supreme Court of the United States has refused to take up the Cosby case. So there will be no re-trial.

So, What happens now?

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/08/22 at 9:44 am

So, What happens now?

Jell-O commercials. And a reboot of The Cosby Show.

Written By: Howard on 03/08/22 at 3:22 pm

Jell-O commercials. And a reboot of The Cosby Show.

At his age, I don't think a reboot is possible.

Written By: LooseBolt on 03/09/22 at 4:42 am

Gross. Not sure I want him back in the public eye.

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/09/22 at 5:04 am

Gross. Not sure I want him back in the public eye.

Well they still show Cosby Show reruns, so it’s not like he has been officially “cancelled”. I could see a Cosby reboot where the premise is that Lisa Bonet (or perhaps Sabrina Le Beauf :-*) and her husband have their household, and Cosby is the live-in widowed grandfather. (My reboot has written Phylicia Ayres-Allen Rashad out of the story line because I never liked her in anything).

Probably would have to be an “exclusive streaming” production though.

From there, Bill could return to his role as a pitch man for Jell-O and other consumer products.

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/bb/bbdffd3c50b151f6785b787997a702f658f1e3b93269c57782c21b3a84e2ec42.jpg

Written By: Howard on 03/09/22 at 3:03 pm

Well they still show Cosby Show reruns, so it’s not like he has been officially “cancelled”. I could see a Cosby reboot where the premise is that Lisa Bonet (or perhaps Sabrina Le Beauf :-*) and her husband have their household, and Cosby is the live-in widowed grandfather. (My reboot has written Phylicia Ayres-Allen Rashad out of the story line because I never liked her in anything).

Probably would have to be an “exclusive streaming” production though.

From there, Bill could return to his role as a pitch man for Jell-O and other consumer products.

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/bb/bbdffd3c50b151f6785b787997a702f658f1e3b93269c57782c21b3a84e2ec42.jpg

I miss those Jello commercials.

Check for new replies or respond here...