inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Honda to begin selling $1800 mini motorcycle in U.S. in 2022

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 12/06/21 at 1:21 pm

$1800, 110 mpg with Honda quality? What's not to like? These are going to sell like hotcakes.

https://www.cycleworld.com/story/motorcycle-reviews/2022-honda-navi-first-ride/

Subject: Re: Honda to begin selling $1800 mini motorcycle in U.S. in 2022

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/06/21 at 1:21 pm

$1800, 110 mpg with Honda quality? What's not to like? These are going to sell like hotcakes.

https://www.cycleworld.com/story/motorcycle-reviews/2022-honda-navi-first-ride/
What happens when motorbikes go electric?

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 12/06/21 at 1:29 pm

What happens when motorbikes go electric?

I actually bought an electric scooter back in August for about the same price and while it's a blast to ride, I can only go a a little over 20 miles on a charge, and then it takes 12 hours to fully recharge. Not to mention that it would be unsafe to ride it on main streets since it isn't fast enough to keep up with traffic.

I think the mini moto would be much more practical. And since Honda has long had a reputation for building vehicles with bulletproof quality, it will be a much easier sell than EVs made in China which have hit and miss quality.

Written By: Wink-182 on 12/07/21 at 9:25 am

I wonder if these might popularize these mini motorscycles over here in the states, or just turn into a cooler replacement for those who get DUIs to ride something instead of a moped.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 12/07/21 at 8:46 pm

I wonder if these might popularize these mini motorscycles over here in the states, or just turn into a cooler replacement for those who get DUIs to ride something instead of a moped.

I already see a lot of Honda Groms buzzing around town during the summer and I would totally get one if I was 6 inches shorter and 25 years younger.  ;D

Written By: Elor on 12/08/21 at 5:55 am

Those things won't take off here in Germany. You would need a small displacement motorcycle license for these. If you have one of those you can go for a 125cc motorcycle that can actually go on the Autobahn.
Probably just something for markets that don't require motorcycle licenses.

Check for new replies or respond here...