inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What happened to comedy movies?

Written By: duenas8 on 12/07/21 at 8:05 pm

C5cxlMn9xsM

Did political correctness or Internet humor kill comedy movies? Or something else. As well as parodies on the media seem completely dead at this point.

Subject: Re: What happened to comedy movies?

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/08/21 at 12:12 am

Did political correctness or Internet humor kill comedy movies? Or something else. As well as parodies on the media seem completely dead at this point.
I saw the "Jump Street" films, with several others and did not laugh once. I feel like writing to the distributors claiming the hours of my life back.

Written By: Howard on 12/08/21 at 3:33 am

C5cxlMn9xsM

I think "political correctness" might have killed off comedy in films and in television too.

Written By: LooseBolt on 12/08/21 at 5:33 am

DVD sales declined, and comedies mainly relied on those DVD sales. Jeez, who’s the overly sensitive snowflakes after all?

Written By: batfan2005 on 12/08/21 at 6:10 am

I watched one of the few comedies of recent years called "Downhill" with Will Ferrell. It was terrible! Even the early and mid 2010's had some decent comedies like the Hangover series.

Written By: Wink-182 on 12/08/21 at 10:39 am

I've wondered this also very many times in the past couple of years before, I've always kinda wondered why. I've been told it's usually just not as profitable as they used to be, money being the main reason, which is why you don't see as many as you did back in the 2000s.

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 12/28/21 at 12:33 am

One word….PC! :P :P :P

Written By: Elor on 12/28/21 at 1:53 am

Welcome back. :)

Written By: Howard on 12/28/21 at 7:06 am

Everything is toned down a lot.

Check for new replies or respond here...