inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Do you think 2022 will be a bad year?

Written By: Slim95 on 12/12/21 at 11:43 pm

For world events I'm very pessimistic. But for my personal life I will hope for the best. What do you guys think?

Subject: Re: Do you think 2022 will be a bad year?

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/13/21 at 4:08 am

I am playing the wait and see game here.

Written By: Howard on 12/13/21 at 4:09 am

For world events I'm very pessimistic. But for my personal life I will hope for the best. What do you guys think?

I hope 22 turns out to be a bit better than 21.

Written By: batfan2005 on 12/13/21 at 5:25 am

Some health experts are predicting that the pandemic will be finally over by the end of 2022 so we'll see.

Written By: Howard on 12/14/21 at 3:24 am

Some health experts are predicting that the pandemic will be finally over by the end of 2022 so we'll see.

I don't mind the mask wearing but I think this mask wearing has turned into China or Japan.

Written By: batfan2005 on 12/14/21 at 6:07 am

I don't mind the mask wearing but I think this mask wearing has turned into China or Japan.

I'm not sure about China but I don't mind turning into Japan for many reasons (I used to live there and wish I still did). Regarding the pandemic they are the success story of the world, lowering the cases from the post-Olympics outbreak of 20K+ daily cases nationally to barely over 100 (and only 20's for the entire city of Tokyo). They were delaying the vaccine rollout, but they are now well over 75% fully vaccinated.

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/14/21 at 6:24 am

I'm not sure about China but I don't mind turning into Japan for many reasons (I used to live there and wish I still did). Regarding the pandemic they are the success story of the world, lowering the cases from the post-Olympics outbreak of 20K+ daily cases nationally to barely over 100 (and only 20's for the entire city of Tokyo). They were delaying the vaccine rollout, but they are now well over 75% fully vaccinated.
...also, Japan has the highest life expectancy too.

Written By: Elor on 12/14/21 at 7:57 am

Just more proof that all the anti vaxxers talk BS. ::)

Written By: Slim95 on 12/14/21 at 3:11 pm

Just more proof that all the anti vaxxers talk BS. ::)

I'm not anti-vax I'm anti-mandate. You wanna get the vaccine? I have no problem with that. The point is it should be a choice without the government babysitting adults who have every right to make their own decision when it comes to their bodies. And if you wanna say it affects others, then to what limit do you want to go? Even driving a vehicle puts a risk on killing another person, will you ban all vehicles? It's ridiculous. Again if you want to take the vaccine I have no problem with that since it is your choice and the same is for the inverse. People need to respect people's right to choose like it's always been like before.

Written By: batfan2005 on 12/14/21 at 4:08 pm

I'm not anti-vax I'm anti-mandate. You wanna get the vaccine? I have no problem with that. The point is it should be a choice without the government babysitting adults who have every right to make their own decision when it comes to their bodies. And if you wanna say it affects others, then to what limit do you want to go? Even driving a vehicle puts a risk on killing another person, will you ban all vehicles? It's ridiculous. Again if you want to take the vaccine I have no problem with that since it is your choice and the same is for the inverse. People need to respect people's right to choose like it's always been like before.

That's also why I like the Japanese way. They had the least amount of draconian measures such as mandates and lockdowns. It's because it's a culture of respect and people taking care of one another more than themselves. Only the immigration into the country has been tough. When they do allow travelers in, it's 2 weeks of quarantine at the airport and only for the vaccinated. Which is why I'm not traveling there any time soon.

Written By: Elor on 12/14/21 at 4:53 pm

I wasn't aware that vehicles fill our ICUs to capacity. Covid does at the moment. Medical staff is constantly over burdened here and that makes many of them quit their jobs in frustration which in turn keeps increasing the pressure on the remaining personell who have to treat large amounts of unvaccinated Covid patients. The Japanese (and Italians) have shown that there is a way out but some people just stubbornly refuse to go it and so all others have to suffer with restrictions and a health system working at the limit. Great job.

Written By: Slim95 on 12/14/21 at 5:04 pm

I wasn't aware that vehicles fill our ICUs to capacity. Covid does at the moment. Medical staff is constantly over burdened here and that makes many of them quit their jobs in frustration which in turn keeps increasing the pressure on the remaining personell who have to treat large amounts of unvaccinated Covid patients. The Japanese (and Italians) have shown that there is a way out but some people just stubbornly refuse to go it and so all others have to suffer with restrictions and a health system working at the limit. Great job.

Oh so ICUs being full in my problem? Since when were people responsible for having enough ICUs? Isn't that the government's responsibility? Give me a break. Ok where is your next limit at? No leaving your house because there is a risk of getting killed or being put in an ICU if you fall on ice... So why not make it mandatory to never leave your home if it helps the ICUs? Do you hear yourself? And the fact that you think getting jabbed will magically make more room for ICUs (something that the government/health care is responsible for, not people) only proves you haven't even been watching the news you are fed with since that did nothing to help ICU numbers. You're being absolutely ridiculous and this is why I absolutely despise the generation we are living in.

Please don't take my response to you personally because it's not just you with that thought, it is many people. And it makes me sick to my stomach. The emotional liberal virtue signaling has never been worse than it is today. It just makes me sick and the fact that so many people are brainwashed by mainstream media makes sick too.

Everyone has a personal choice and freedom. For you to restrict those freedoms because the government doesn't have enough hospitals and you thinking everyone should play a role so there is enough services and that people are responsible for that is straight up a weird version of communism. Restricting freedoms to help the government.

Written By: Slim95 on 12/14/21 at 5:10 pm

Also just to let you know you and the government's thinking does the opposite to help. I actually would've got the vaccine if it wasn't mandated or heavily pushed by the media. The fact that they made it mandatory and it was being pressured was the main reason I am not taking it. I will not be bullied into making a choice WITH MY BODY by the government. MY BODY, MY CHOICE. If our freedoms were not taken away I wouldn't have as much of a problem taking it. So your line of thinking only does the opposite... Mandating will not make people like me take it, it only did the opposite.

Written By: Contigo on 12/14/21 at 7:13 pm

Will 2022 be the year where Covid will transition from a pandemic to an endemic?

Written By: Slim95 on 12/14/21 at 7:26 pm

Will 2022 be the year where Covid will transition from a pandemic to an endemic?

I hope so.

Written By: xX07-GhostXx on 12/15/21 at 1:02 am

I don't have a rational reason behind this so much as a feeling of dread, but I think 2022 will be a bad year.

Written By: Elor on 12/15/21 at 2:52 am

Oh so ICUs being full in my problem? Since when were people responsible for having enough ICUs? Isn't that the government's responsibility? Give me a break.

You can't conjure up ICUs and you certainly can't conjure up medical personnel. The government can't do jack sheet about it if people are walking away from the jobs because they get overburdened by waves of infected people. The ICUs being occupied by unvaccinated is indeed a problem of, guess what, unvaccinated people.

Ok where is your next limit at? No leaving your house because there is a risk of getting killed or being put in an ICU if you fall on ice... So why not make it mandatory to never leave your home if it helps the ICUs? Do you hear yourself?

100% straw man argument. There have always been limits if it affected the lives of everyone. Using your logic there should be no speed limits in school zones and murder should be legal... You see? I can turn this type of argument around and make it just as silly. Certain rules are needed so that EVERYBODY has a better life.

And the fact that you think getting jabbed will magically make more room for ICUs (something that the government/health care is responsible for, not people) only proves you haven't even been watching the news you are fed with since that did nothing to help ICU numbers. You're being absolutely ridiculous and this is why I absolutely despise the generation we are living in.

OK now I'm curious. What do you think would happen if all people got the jab?

My info is that more than 60% of COVID cases in ICUs are unvaxxinated while being a minority of about 30%. It's very simple math. Not vaccinated = increased risk to go to ICU when infected = unnecessary strain on the health system. 
Other countries have shown us that the need for ICUs for Covid patients drops when the population is vaccinated.
And again how does the government or health system conjure up medical personnel that (at least here in Germany) takes at least three years to train? Can it be that you are not watching the news? ???

Please don't take my response to you personally because it's not just you with that thought, it is many people. And it makes me sick to my stomach.

Oh yes I feel you! We have a way out of this mess and people refuse to take it so all have to suffer. Don't think that doesn't make me sick to the stomach too.
(and no, that doesn't mean I hate you personally. It's just sometimes hard to understand the other side when you're convinced to be on the right side of history with all the data backing you... but I think we both know that feeling and that's why none of our posts will likely change the view of the other ;))

The emotional liberal virtue signaling has never been worse than it is today. It just makes me sick and the fact that so many people are brainwashed by mainstream media makes sick too.

I think I have the data to back my claims up. No virtue signalling needed.

Everyone has a personal choice and freedom. For you to restrict those freedoms because the government doesn't have enough hospitals and you thinking everyone should play a role so there is enough services and that people are responsible for that is straight up a weird version of communism. Restricting freedoms to help the government.
Strange. You insist that the government is responsible for medicare but then you turn around and call it communism when it actually tries to do something? Again, there have always been rules. It's part of living together. Our actions have consequences for the people we interact with. That's why there are speed limits. That's why you can't blast music at 2a.m.. That's why you can't just dump your garbage onto your neighbors property. It's because all those actions negatively impact the people around you and without those rules there would be anarchy. Rules don't make a nation communist!

Also just to let you know you and the government's thinking does the opposite to help. I actually would've got the vaccine if it wasn't mandated or heavily pushed by the media. The fact that they made it mandatory and it was being pressured was the main reason I am not taking it. I will not be bullied into making a choice WITH MY BODY by the government. MY BODY, MY CHOICE. If our freedoms were not taken away I wouldn't have as much of a problem taking it. So your line of thinking only does the opposite... Mandating will not make people like me take it, it only did the opposite.
So you basically say you know of the benefits of the vaccine, you know it's good for everyone to have as many vaccinated people as possible. You actually came to the conclusion to get it and then out of spite for the government you refuse to take the path that would benefit everyone?
Why didn't you just go in there with your head held high, got the shot and then said "I looked at the facts and I made that decision because it's good for me and my family! Screw the government and their meddling propaganda!"? Seems to me like you allow the government now to affect you negatively against your own better judgement. ???

Written By: Howard on 12/15/21 at 3:33 am

I don't know why I made that comparison, I'm sorry.

Written By: Howard on 12/15/21 at 3:35 am

What do you mean by that? ???

Written By: Howard on 12/15/21 at 3:36 am

I don't have a rational reason behind this so much as a feeling of dread, but I think 2022 will be a bad year.

Well have to see what happens.

Written By: Slim95 on 12/15/21 at 3:49 am

Hope for the best, expect the worse. You'll never go wrong that way.

Written By: Howard on 12/15/21 at 4:01 am

Hope for the best, expect the worse. You'll never go wrong that way.

What about expect the best and hope for the worst?

Written By: Slim95 on 12/15/21 at 4:05 am

What about expect the best and hope for the worst?

Why would you do that?

Written By: Elor on 12/15/21 at 5:23 am

Why would you do that?
Most people don't get what they want so by wishing for the worst you'll get the best. Beat the system! ;) ;D :)

Written By: batfan2005 on 12/15/21 at 6:06 am

Most people don't get what they want so by wishing for the worst you'll get the best. Beat the system! ;) ;D :)

Reverse psychology

Written By: Howard on 12/15/21 at 3:11 pm

Why would you do that?

I guess that would make a person a pessimistic and an optimistic.

Written By: Contigo on 12/17/21 at 12:15 pm

What do you mean by that? ???

It means Covid will not go away and it will just become part of our daily life and we just have to live with it, something like that .

Written By: Howard on 12/18/21 at 6:40 am

It means Covid will not go away and it will just become part of our daily life and we just have to live with it, something like that .

Just like we've doing for the past 2 years, mask wearing and hand washing.

Check for new replies or respond here...