inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 2022: The year in movies, series, and video games

Written By: batfan2005 on 01/10/22 at 5:42 am

Here is a link to the most anticipated movies of 2022:

https://www.sfgate.com/streaming/article/most-anticipated-movie-releases-2022-16757254.php

Subject: Re: 2022: The year in movies, series, and video games

Written By: JacobThePlante on 01/10/22 at 4:01 pm

As a furry, I'm hyped for Turning Red (angry at Disney for not letting it go to cinema), and SUPER hyped for The Bad Guys! The Mario movie at the end of the year will definitely be interesting too. Hopefully it's either great or so bad it's good. The worst ending would be if it's just meh

Written By: batfan2005 on 01/21/22 at 7:14 am

HIMYF just premiered the other day. It's OK so far, of course nothing like the original and I didn't expect it to be. But the pilot had a nice dedication for Bob Saget at the ending credits.

Subject: 2022: The year in movies, series, and video games

Written By: Dude111 on 01/21/22 at 8:09 pm

Im not looking forward to ANYTHING :(

For some reason fake digital trash doesnt do anything for me.....

Written By: batfan2005 on 04/16/22 at 11:45 am

I've been watching Tokyo Vice on HBO Max and it's pretty good. Not just because it's about my favorite city in the world  ;)

Written By: batfan2005 on 05/13/22 at 6:11 am

One of my favorite new shows of the early 2020's, the Saved by the Bell reboot got canceled after two seasons. There was a thread about this show but I couldn't find it. Especially the second season was pretty good.

Written By: batfan2005 on 05/27/22 at 8:40 pm

Just got back from seeing Top Gun: Maverick. It's actually the movie I enjoyed most so far this year, even more than The Batman. It really brought back the feeling of seeing the first one.

Written By: batfan2005 on 06/12/22 at 10:15 am

Just watched Senior Year on Netflix last night. That was a waste of 2 hours. It could have been a lot better. It had a good premise with a story that's like 13 Going on 30 mixed with Never Been Kissed. Unfortunately like a typical 2020's movie, it was poorly written and not very well casted. The only good thing about the movie was the Early 2000's nostalgia (which is popular here), and also the shock of the main character learning the differences between 2000's and 2020's culture (like the technology and the woke culture).

Written By: batfan2005 on 06/14/22 at 10:51 am

Just started watching Obi-Wan Kenobi on Disney+. It's pretty good so far, especially if you're a Star Wars fan. It's set between the events of episodes III and IV.

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/14/22 at 11:06 am

Next big film, "Lightyear" again from Disney?

Written By: batfan2005 on 06/14/22 at 11:37 am

Next big film, "Lightyear" again from Disney?

Not sure if that's going to be as good as the original Toy Story series. As for animated films, Paws of Fury looks pretty funny, and it includes voice actors Mel Brooks, Samuel Jackson, and Michael Cera.

Written By: JacobThePlante on 06/14/22 at 8:02 pm

Paws Of Fury looks like trash to me. Lightyear doesn't need to exist. I watched an indie animated movie called "Chickenhare & The Hamster Of Darkness" terrible title but was actually pretty good!

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/15/22 at 4:15 am

Not sure if that's going to be as good as the original Toy Story series. As for animated films, Paws of Fury looks pretty funny, and it includes voice actors Mel Brooks, Samuel Jackson, and Michael Cera.
I am now wondering is "Lightyear", a sequel, pre-sequel, or a stand alone film.

Written By: whistledog on 06/16/22 at 6:19 pm

I am now wondering is "Lightyear", a sequel, pre-sequel, or a stand alone film.

Prequel.  It tells the origin of Buzz Lightyear

Written By: batfan2005 on 06/18/22 at 5:15 pm

Just saw the new Jurassic World. It was pretty good overall. Before the movie from about the 100 previews we had to sit through, only 2 of them looked appealing: Bullet Train and Avatar 2. I'd like to see the new Thor but I can wait until it's available for streaming.

Written By: batfan2005 on 08/07/22 at 6:04 am

Went to see Bullet Train yesterday. That one I could have and should have waited until it was available for streaming.

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/07/22 at 6:19 am

Batgirl movie scrapped months before planned release

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/12/22 at 8:14 am

What happened to "Morbius", the American superhero film based on the Marvel Comics character of the same name?

Any clues, it received 16% on Rotten Tomatoes?

Subject: Not so Despicable: China changes ending of Minions movie

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/23/22 at 4:00 am

The latest movie in the Despicable Me franchise premiered in China on Friday - albeit with a different ending, as local viewers discovered.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-62642640

Written By: batfan2005 on 08/27/22 at 2:20 pm

Just started playing Nintendo Switch Sports and brings back the feeling of playing Wii Sports (especially bowling and tennis). The soccer with the leg strap controls is a bit of a challenge.

Written By: batfan2005 on 09/04/22 at 2:01 pm

This article states how it's a bad end of summer for movies at the cinemas when a late 2021 film reclaims the #1 spot, Spider-Man: No Way Home.

https://variety.com/2022/film/box-office/box-office-spider-man-rerelease-top-gun-maverick-battle-1235359820/

Written By: batfan2005 on 10/15/22 at 1:24 pm

I recently watched the movie "Moonfall" on a flight since the premise sounded interesting. It was the typical Roland Emmerich disaster film with stunning visual effects, but with a terrible storyline and dialogue. It reminded me of a mix of 2012 and the Independence Day sequel.

Written By: batfan2005 on 10/19/22 at 6:02 am

Just started watching The Watcher on Netflix and it's pretty good so far. It's rated #1 on Netflix.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/03/22 at 1:55 pm

"Black Panther: Wakanda Forever" the sequel to Black Panther (2018) has it's premier in London tonight, I hope that the film live up to the original.

Written By: batfan2005 on 11/04/22 at 3:28 pm

The sequel to A Christmas Story is available for streaming on HBO Max from 11/17. It's about the adult Ralphie (Peter Billingsley) and his family, and set in the 70's.

Written By: Howard on 11/04/22 at 3:43 pm

The sequel to A Christmas Story is available for streaming on HBO Max from 11/17. It's about the adult Ralphie (Peter Billingsley) and his family, and set in the 70's.

I never knew there was a sequel to A Christmas Story.

Written By: batfan2005 on 11/04/22 at 6:35 pm

I never knew there was a sequel to A Christmas Story.

I knew it was being announced but I didn't know it even went into production much less getting released so soon.

Written By: JacobThePlante on 11/06/22 at 1:25 am

Puss In Boots The Last Wish is looking promising with all the newest teasers & BTS stuff being released! DreamWorks seems to be having a comeback which makes me very happy. small animation studio nWave is making a short with their skunk character Meg from their movie earlier this year

Written By: batfan2005 on 11/17/22 at 12:41 pm

Disenchanted, the sequel to the 2007 film Enchanted w/Patrick Dempsey and Amy Adams releases tomorrow on Disney+.

Written By: JacobThePlante on 11/17/22 at 9:36 pm

Disenchanted, the sequel to the 2007 film Enchanted w/Patrick Dempsey and Amy Adams releases tomorrow on Disney+.

It's gonna be hard to top the first one. That movie was great

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/18/22 at 7:12 am

Will be a Premier (pay extra for it), or have to wait a few months?

I will check on the UK details after I finish the film I am currently watching.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/18/22 at 9:36 am

Will be a Premier (pay extra for it), or have to wait a few months?

I will check on the UK details after I finish the film I am currently watching.
It does not appear to be available yet.

It's gonna be hard to top the first one. That movie was great
Agreed!

Written By: batfan2005 on 11/20/22 at 5:54 am

Went and saw Wakanda Forever yesterday. It was pretty good overall.

Written By: JacobThePlante on 11/30/22 at 1:24 am

Early reviews say Puss In Boots The Last Wish is great and surprisingly dark! I'm excited! The promo they've been doing is superb as well

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/06/22 at 3:09 pm

The long awaited "Avatar: The Way of Water" has had it's world premier tonight in London.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/avatar-the-way-of-water-world-premiere-london-1235275961/

For me, I fell asleep watching the first one.

Written By: batfan2005 on 12/17/22 at 11:36 am

The long awaited "Avatar: The Way of Water" has had it's world premier tonight in London.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/avatar-the-way-of-water-world-premiere-london-1235275961/

For me, I fell asleep watching the first one.

Anyone seen that yet? I've heard it's better than the first one, and that James Cameron pulled off the same trick like he did with Terminator 2 and Aliens to make the sequel better than the original.

Written By: batfan2005 on 03/13/23 at 6:07 am

Everything Everywhere All at Once won Best Picture and many other Oscar's. The Whale won quite a few as well including Brendan Fraser for Best Actor.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/15/23 at 4:08 am

Everything Everywhere All at Once won Best Picture and many other Oscar's. The Whale won quite a few as well including Brendan Fraser for Best Actor.
"The Whale"and "Everything Everywhere All at Once" are on my must see list, but I know I will have to play the waiting game to see them.

Written By: batfan2005 on 03/15/23 at 5:33 am

"The Whale"and "Everything Everywhere All at Once" are on my must see list, but I know I will have to play the waiting game to see them.

I added them both to my watchlist as well. I like the genre of Everything Everywhere All at Once and it sounds interesting. The Whale also stars Sadie Sink who played Maxine in Stranger Things. She's a good actress and I have a feeling she'll have a lot more roles in the near future.

Written By: batfan2005 on 05/08/23 at 10:14 am

Tom Cruise filmed his acceptance speech for the MTV Movie & TV Awards while piloting the actual jet from Top Gun: Maverick.

Written By: ChrisBodilyTM on 05/09/23 at 2:03 am

Sadie was great in Fear Street 1978. (As was Stranger Things co-star Maya Hawke in the cold open of 1994.)

This year's MTV Movie & TV Awards were a bit awkward with the writers strike. For no longer hosting, Drew Barrymore sure made a lot of appearances, and ironically won for Best Host. I was mostly rooting for Stranger Things and Wednesday. I've only seen five nominees (ST, Wednesday, SNL, Abbott Elementary, and Netflix's Do Revenge starring Hawke and Camila Mendes). I'm actually surprised Everything, Everywhere All at Once was snubbed. I know this is MTV, but geez. I wouldn't expect EEAAO at the Kids Choice Awards, but I thought MTV for sure.

The strike put me in the mood to watch Norma Rae on HBO Max. I'd seen it once before years ago, and Sally's so great. That said, Ron Leibman delivers the best line in the film when he gives his big speech about unions in front of the church. (Leibman and his character, Reuben Warshowsky, are Jewish.) I had forgotten most of the movie except for the union sign scene, and I had gotten it confused with Sybil.

Check for new replies or respond here...