inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: I Think World War 3 Will Pop Off in 2022

Written By: Slim95 on 01/29/22 at 5:26 pm

What do you guys think?

Subject: Re: I Think World War 3 Will Pop Off in 2022

Written By: batfan2005 on 01/30/22 at 3:36 pm

Hopefully there won't even be a war between Russia and Ukraine let alone WWIII.

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/30/22 at 3:45 pm

Only a world war if the “West” makes stupid decisions. If the west tries anything, Putin will shut off the gas pipeline and have Europe by the short hairs.

Written By: LooseBolt on 01/31/22 at 4:52 am

Only a world war if the “West” makes stupid decisions. If the west tries anything, Putin will shut off the gas pipeline and have Europe by the short hairs.

The West is perfectly capable of containing Putin by other means. It’s unfortunate to see Americans disparage their own civilization, however.

Written By: Howard on 01/31/22 at 6:39 am

What do you guys think?

I hope that never happens, We already had a WW1 And WW2.

Written By: JacobThePlante on 02/02/22 at 5:21 pm

I don't think we're ever having a "real" physical war ever again. People are too scared of it. No one wants to participate in that crap. Wars of the future are probably gonna be fought thru memes, and that's not even a joke. "Wars" will just be 2 countries being petty and making fun of each other. That's my (hopeful) prediction

Written By: batfan2005 on 02/02/22 at 9:10 pm

I don't think we're ever having a "real" physical war ever again. People are too scared of it. No one wants to participate in that crap. Wars of the future are probably gonna be fought thru memes, and that's not even a joke. "Wars" will just be 2 countries being petty and making fun of each other. That's my (hopeful) prediction

So basically the Cold War, only with internet memes.

Written By: Slim95 on 02/02/22 at 9:28 pm

Ha that would be nice. But no, the world is still just as evil as it was before. It just appears it isn't. But people's hearts are still quite wicked and wars can be violent and awful and with the increase in technology like nuclear weapons it can be much more catastrophic than it was before.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 02/02/22 at 9:53 pm

You're more on the right track here than some others. A phrase I've often heard is "it isn't your father's war anymore". There isn't as much with conventional forces anymore. Instead, there is terrorism, there's espionage, there is policing, there is guerilla warfare...it's like ghost wars. And they are always kind of going on. There are "enemies" who have an ideology rather than a physical nation...how do you fight that with a conventional force?

Not to mention the kind of wars that could happen now with cyber attacks. How do you fight that with nuclear weapons or conventional forces?

People saying there is going to be some kind of conventional force, nuclear "World War 3" are behind the times or are kind of being trollish. I'm not sure which.

The meme thing you're predicting may be something WAY in the future. Kind of like a "conceptual war". This type of thing
was bandied about in the 60s. A famous slogan was "what if they gave a war and nobody came". It was on posters and bumper stickers.

Written By: LyricBoy on 02/03/22 at 4:47 am

What those 3000 reinforcement troops need is a Pattonesque motivation speech:

I don't want any messages saying 'I'm holding my position.' We're not holding a @#$%& thing. We're advancing constantly and we're not interested in holding anything except the enemy's nards. We're going to hold him by his nards and we're going to kick him in the a$$; twist his nards and kick the living **** out of him all the time. Our plan of operation is to advance and keep on advancing. We're going to go through the enemy like **** through a goose!

Then there's one thing you men will be able to say when this war is over and you get back home. Thirty years from now when you're sitting by your fireside with your grandson on your knee and he asks, 'What did you do in the great World War Three’? You won't have to cough and say, 'Well, your granddaddy shoveled **** in Louisiana.' No sir, you can look him straight in the eye and say 'Son, your granddaddy rode with the great Third Army and a son-of-a-********-***** named Hunter Biden!'

Written By: Elor on 02/03/22 at 12:53 pm

^Very fitting speech for a defensive operation. ???

Check for new replies or respond here...