inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: My Dad Is Dead

Written By: Indy Gent on 02/13/22 at 9:40 am

My dad has been in the hospital, and it's not good news. I don't know how grave his condition is. But I hope today is not the end. We have all had Covid in the past month or so. So, I need to pray, if not for his life, then his soul. I hope it isn't as serious as my sister makes it out to be. He also has pneumonia along with the dementia, diabetes and heart disease. The doctors all say it's a miracle his survived for this long. I hope God can keep him alive for awhile. Please help me with praying for my dad. Thanks.

Subject: Re: My Dad Is Dying, Prayers Needed

Written By: Don Carlos on 02/13/22 at 9:56 am

Condolences !  Hope he pulls through

Written By: batfan2005 on 02/13/22 at 11:11 am

Sending prayers your way, for healing and for him to come to Jesus if he hasn't already accepted him as his Lord and Savior, and to have full faith in His plan. Also prayers for you and your family as you all go through this difficult time.

Written By: Elor on 02/13/22 at 11:58 am

I'm not a religious person but my thoughts are with you and your family.

Written By: LyricBoy on 02/13/22 at 12:47 pm

I’ll throw in a prayer for your Dad, and you, Indy.

Written By: nally on 02/13/22 at 1:29 pm

I’ll throw in a prayer for your Dad, and you, Indy.

I’ll do the same.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/13/22 at 1:38 pm

((((((((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))))

Good thoughts coming your way.

Cat

Written By: AmericanGirl on 02/13/22 at 1:58 pm

Praying for your dad and all of you

Written By: Contigo on 02/13/22 at 5:31 pm

Sending positive thoughts and well wishes and prayers to you and your family

Written By: Indy Gent on 02/14/22 at 1:03 am

It looks like your prayers are working. My dad is at least coherent, and if he is negative on his Covid testing, we may be able to visit him again. He's not out of the woods yet, but we'll take anything positive (except Covid). Keep on praying. :)

Written By: Howard on 02/14/22 at 3:41 am

It looks like your prayers are working. My dad is at least coherent, and if he is negative on his Covid testing, we may be able to visit him again. He's not out of the woods yet, but we'll take anything positive (except Covid). Keep on praying. :)

My prayers go out to your Father.

Written By: Indy Gent on 02/14/22 at 6:12 pm

He's up and smiling, so they are letting one of us visit for 2 hours each  :)

Written By: Howard on 02/15/22 at 3:32 am

That's good, glad to hear that. :)

Written By: Elor on 02/15/22 at 9:50 am

Good to hear. :)

Written By: Howard on 02/15/22 at 3:07 pm

How is your Father doing?

Written By: KatanaChick on 02/16/22 at 11:14 am

Sending good vibes and positivity. ♥

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/17/22 at 5:56 am

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Written By: karen on 02/17/22 at 7:32 am

Good to hear. Hope he continues to improve

Written By: nally on 02/19/22 at 10:48 am

That’s a good sign.

Written By: Howard on 02/19/22 at 2:02 pm

How is your Father doing lately?

Written By: Indy Gent on 02/21/22 at 2:38 am

How is your Father doing lately?

He's had a setback, so the paramedics had to transfer him from the health center to the hospital again. His oxygen levels have stabilized to the 90s, but his blood pressure has spiked up after it was low. He's still conscious, but we are awaiting a room for him. Just keep on praying, and hopefully he will be coming home soon.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/21/22 at 2:39 am

He's had a setback, so the paramedics had to transfer him from the health center to the hospital again. His oxygen levels have stabilized to the 90s, but his blood pressure has spiked up after it was low. He's still conscious, but we are awaiting a room for him. Just keep on praying, and hopefully he will be coming home soon.

Written By: Howard on 02/21/22 at 3:31 am

I will keep on praying.

Written By: nally on 02/21/22 at 10:40 pm

In that case, we are going to continue sending prayers your way. :)

Written By: Indy Gent on 02/23/22 at 11:32 pm

Good news: Dad is back home and receiving home care from my sister and me. The doctors say if he keeps up on his stretching and exercise, he might be able to stand up to use the toilet. As of right now, he's on an oxygen tank and humidifier. And he's stuck in bed while we change his adult diapers. I will be on leave from work until his recovery. So it will be awhile, but at least he's still alive.

Written By: AmericanGirl on 02/23/22 at 11:50 pm

Good news: Dad is back home and receiving home care from my sister and me. The doctors say if he keeps up on his stretching and exercise, he might be able to stand up to use the toilet. As of right now, he's on an oxygen tank and humidifier. And he's stuck in bed while we change his adult diapers. I will be on leave from work until his recovery. So it will be awhile, but at least he's still alive.

His care sounds like quite a challenge, but overall good news.  Thanks for the update!  :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/24/22 at 1:59 am

Good news, thank you for the update.

Written By: Howard on 02/24/22 at 3:20 am

That's Good News. :)

Written By: LyricBoy on 02/24/22 at 5:08 am

Bless you for taking care of your Pop.  :)

Written By: Don Carlos on 02/27/22 at 9:39 am

Bless you for taking care of your Pop.  :)

I'll seco9nd that BIG TIME

Written By: batfan2005 on 02/27/22 at 4:00 pm

I'll seco9nd that BIG TIME

I third that!

Written By: duenas8 on 02/28/22 at 11:40 pm

Good wishes for you and your family Indy Gent! ❤️

Written By: Indy Gent on 03/01/22 at 3:48 pm

How is your Father doing?

He's ding okay. He still needs to be changed and needs help in getting up from the bed. But he's going pretty well.

Written By: Elor on 03/01/22 at 11:44 pm

He's ding okay. He still needs to be changed and needs help in getting up from the bed. But he's going pretty well.

I'm glad to hear that. Finally some good news in this world. :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/02/22 at 1:11 am

That is good to hear, my thoughts are still with you.

Written By: Howard on 03/02/22 at 3:29 am

Glad to hear that.

Written By: Indy Gent on 03/13/22 at 12:27 pm

More bad news. My dad is back in the hospital again. His pneumonia seems to be getting worse than what it was. He was in there yesterday as he was only to replace the feeding tube that had been attached between his chest and stomach. The medical personnel in E.R. discovered it from an x-ray. So we need your prayers in the hope he recovers so he can go back to my sister's house. Thanks again for all  the well wishes.

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/13/22 at 12:31 pm

More bad news. My dad is back in the hospital again. His pneumonia seems to be getting worse than what it was. He was in there yesterday as he was only to replace the feeding tube that had been attached between his chest and stomach. The medical personnel in E.R. discovered it from an x-ray. So we need your prayers in the hope he recovers so he can go back to my sister's house. Thanks again for all  the well wishes.

Prayers said…

Written By: nally on 03/13/22 at 1:08 pm

Add my prayers in too.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/13/22 at 1:45 pm

(((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))))))

Cat

Written By: Elor on 03/13/22 at 2:30 pm

My thoughts are with you and your family.

Written By: batfan2005 on 03/13/22 at 2:33 pm

Dear Lord,

I lift up Indy Gent's father and his family to You. That You'll heal him and provide comfort and reassurance.

In Jesus Name, Amen.

Written By: Howard on 03/13/22 at 2:46 pm

My well wishes to you and your Father.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/14/22 at 6:14 am

Written By: Don Carlos on 03/14/22 at 9:42 am

Sorry to hear of his relapse

Written By: Contigo on 03/14/22 at 1:51 pm

Sending positive thoughts and hopes towards you and your family.

Written By: Indy Gent on 03/19/22 at 6:27 pm

Sorry to hear of his relapse

The good news is he's back home again. The bad news is that his oxygen and blood pressures been low. It's been a Rollercoaster ride for him. As soon as he shows improvement, he drops down again. We're trying to remain calm, but it's been hard work all around.

Written By: nally on 03/19/22 at 7:18 pm

The good news is he's back home again. The bad news is that his oxygen and blood pressures been low. It's been a Rollercoaster ride for him. As soon as he shows improvement, he drops down again. We're trying to remain calm, but it's been hard work all around.

I'm sure it is. Thanks for the update, and we'll continue to send prayers your way. :)

Written By: AmericanGirl on 03/19/22 at 7:44 pm

...we'll continue to send prayers your way. :)

Me too.  Sorry it's been so hard.

Written By: Howard on 03/20/22 at 3:32 am

Just say strong Indy.  :)

Written By: Indy Gent on 03/24/22 at 3:58 pm

Just say strong Indy.  :)

I'm trying, but he had to go to the ER again due to his low blood pressure. His oxygen was okay when the paramedics  arrived. His blood pressure however, is extremely low. Some meters read 0000 or no reading at all. We need your prayers more than ever. Also, I'm missing a lot of work time.Thanks, I hope he recovers soon.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/24/22 at 4:09 pm

I'm trying, but he had to go to the ER again due to his low blood pressure. His oxygen was okay when the paramedics  arrived. His blood pressure however, is extremely low. Some meters read 0000 or no reading at all. We need your prayers more than ever. Also, I'm missing a lot of work time.Thanks, I hope he recovers soon.
My prayers and thoughts are still with you and your family.

Written By: AmericanGirl on 03/24/22 at 4:16 pm

Praying

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/24/22 at 6:02 pm

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Cat

Written By: Indy Gent on 03/24/22 at 10:54 pm

The ER is sending Dad back home. They say he has UTI, and they prescribed Keflex for 4 times a day for 10 days to go with his other meds. He'll need to follow up with his doctors unless he still can't get out of bed by himself. He's been asleep most of the day and has been loath in doing his exercises, that's not helping. Hopefully he will regain his strength to at least walk and eat solids again.

Written By: Howard on 03/25/22 at 3:34 am

The ER is sending Dad back home. They say he has UTI, and they prescribed Keflex for 4 times a day for 10 days to go with his other meds. He'll need to follow up with his doctors unless he still can't get out of bed by himself. He's been asleep most of the day and has been loath in doing his exercises, that's not helping. Hopefully he will regain his strength to at least walk and eat solids again.

My prayers are with you Indy.

Written By: Indy Gent on 03/28/22 at 11:36 pm

Update: My dad's doctor has replaced the Keflex he was taking with Amoxicillin, which has a dosage of 2 tablets a day for 10 days, as opposed to the 4 times  a day for the Keflex. Also, my sister discovered that the wrist meter she used to take his blood pressure was defective, causing lower than average readings. She has replaced it with a cuff meter and are using the readings together with the medical staff meters from home therapy for more accurate data. I hope this will finally get my Dad over the hump and concentrate on getting better.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/28/22 at 11:58 pm

Update: My dad's doctor has replaced the Keflex he was taking with Amoxicillin, which has a dosage of 2 tablets a day for 10 days, as opposed to the 4 times  a day for the Keflex. Also, my sister discovered that the wrist meter she used to take his blood pressure was defective, causing lower than average readings. She has replaced it with a cuff meter and are using the readings together with the medical staff meters from home therapy for more accurate data. I hope this will finally get my Dad over the hump and concentrate on getting better.
Thank you for the update, my thoughts and prayers are still with you.

Written By: Howard on 03/29/22 at 3:44 am

Hope he gets better, Indy.

Subject: My Dad Is Dying, Prayers Needed

Written By: Dude111 on 03/31/22 at 12:52 am

I am so sorry........ Alot of hugs and thoughts your way!!

Written By: Howard on 03/31/22 at 3:27 am

How has been doing lately, Indy?

Written By: Indy Gent on 04/05/22 at 2:31 pm

How has been doing lately, Indy?

He's been doing okay is his oxygen. His pressure is still pretty low, even with the new cuff. Now our main goal is to get him to walk out of bed and become partially independent again. The insurance cannot pay for home therapy beyond April, so it is imperative that he walks on his own or go back into a nursing home permanently, which nobody wants. Please continue to pray for his improving health that hopefully he can stay home forever, if possible.

Written By: Howard on 04/05/22 at 2:32 pm

He's been doing okay is his oxygen. His pressure is still pretty low, even with the new cuff. Now our main goal is to get him to walk out of bed and become partially independent again. The insurance cannot pay for home therapy beyond April, so it is imperative that he walks on his own or go back into a nursing home permanently, which nobody wants. Please continue to pray for his improving health that hopefully he can stay home forever, if possible.

I certainly will.

Written By: Slim95 on 04/05/22 at 8:06 pm

I certainly will.

Me too

Written By: nally on 04/05/22 at 8:11 pm

Me too

Me three

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/06/22 at 11:43 am

My prayers are still with you and your family.

Written By: AmericanGirl on 04/06/22 at 12:22 pm

Continuing to pray for your Dad and all of you

Written By: gotuokere on 04/06/22 at 8:50 pm

I pray that your father is healed from any illnesses in Jesus’ mighty name! Hope things get better!

Written By: Indy Gent on 04/25/22 at 1:26 pm

Thank you, Everyone!

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/25/22 at 1:52 pm

Thank you, Everyone!
I trust all is well with your father.

Written By: nally on 04/25/22 at 7:56 pm

I trust all is well with your father.

Mine too.

Subject: My Dad Is Dying, Prayers Needed

Written By: Dude111 on 04/27/22 at 7:09 pm

I hope things are g00d :)

Written By: Indy Gent on 09/19/22 at 7:29 pm

I know its been awhile since I've posted here. Unfortunately, my father died this evening at around 6:00pm. We are making arrangements for funeral and burial. Again I thank you for all the prayers and well-wishes for him. My mother died in 1999, and I don't have any relatives in state other than my sister. I hope that my father  enjoys his afterlife, and someday we will all be reunited.  :\'( :\'( :\'(

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/19/22 at 8:23 pm

I know its been awhile since I've posted here. Unfortunately, my father died this evening at around 6:00pm. We are making arrangements for funeral and burial. Again I thank you for all the prayers and well-wishes for him. My mother died in 1999, and I don't have any relatives in state other than my sister. I hope that my father  enjoys his afterlife, and someday we will all be reunited.  :\'( :\'( :\'(

((((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))

Cat

Subject: Re: My Dad Is Dead

Written By: batfan2005 on 09/19/22 at 8:58 pm

I'm very sorry to hear that. May he rest in peace with our Lord. The separation is only temporary compared to eternal life.

Written By: AmericanGirl on 09/19/22 at 9:00 pm

Indy Gent, so sorry for your loss.  Praying for all of you.

Written By: Elor on 09/19/22 at 11:19 pm

My condolences. I'm very sorry to hear that he's passed away. :-[

Written By: karen on 09/20/22 at 1:22 am

Very sorry to hear your news Indy Gent

Written By: JimiBoy04 on 09/20/22 at 3:30 am

Rest in Peace.

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/20/22 at 5:03 am

Very sorry to hear your sad news.

My condolences and prayers are with you.

Rest in Peace.

Written By: Howard on 09/20/22 at 7:33 am

I know its been awhile since I've posted here. Unfortunately, my father died this evening at around 6:00pm. We are making arrangements for funeral and burial. Again I thank you for all the prayers and well-wishes for him. My mother died in 1999, and I don't have any relatives in state other than my sister. I hope that my father enjoys his afterlife, and someday we will all be reunited.  :\'( :\'( :\'(

I'm sorry for your loss Indy, my condolences are with you my good buddy. :\'(

Written By: Don Carlos on 09/20/22 at 9:26 am

Please accept my condolences.  I know how hard it  is when a parent passes.  Brotherly hugs

Written By: Ripley on 09/20/22 at 9:35 am

I’m truly sorry. My condolences. :\'(

Written By: ChrisBodilyTM on 09/20/22 at 6:15 pm

Wow. Sorry to hear this. My condolences.  :\'(

Subject: My Dad Is Dead

Written By: Dude111 on 10/04/22 at 7:42 pm

Originally posted by Indy Gent
Please help me with praying for my dad. Thanks.

Im sorry about your dad........ I lost my mom last month after she was suffering from ALS conditioins over a year......... I am glad she isnt suffering anymore but I do miss her.....

Peace and love to you http://web.archive.org/web/20190728200654/http://i59.tinypic.com/72tuzr.gif

Subject: Re: My Dad Is Deceased

Written By: nally on 10/29/22 at 5:59 pm

I know its been awhile since I've posted here. Unfortunately, my father died this evening at around 6:00pm. We are making arrangements for funeral and burial. Again I thank you for all the prayers and well-wishes for him. My mother died in 1999, and I don't have any relatives in state other than my sister. I hope that my father enjoys his afterlife, and someday we will all be reunited.  :\'( :\'( :\'(

I know I'm a month late in responding to this, but I'm sorry for your loss. Has there been any service/burial yet?

Written By: JacobThePlante on 12/04/22 at 11:40 pm

are you doing okay now?

Check for new replies or respond here...