inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What is your hopes for this decade?

Written By: NightmareFarm on 02/27/22 at 8:40 pm

Try to stick to more universal stuff rather than personal life.

- No WW3

-  Autotune dying out

- Rock/Metal music being popular for a good chunk of the decade

- A huge backlash against the 2010s. I want pretty much everything that the 2010s represented to die off and replaced by different trends and stuff.

- Big leaps in technology but not dystopian like the metaverse and "the internet of things". Stuff like bullet trains, holograms, self driving cars, AI pets, etc

- Photorealistic graphics to become the norm in video games

- Memes becoming much less ingrained into pop/youth culture or outright dying

Subject: Re: What is your hopes for this decade?

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 02/27/22 at 8:46 pm

Try to stick to more universal stuff rather than personal life.

- No WW3

-  Autotune dying out

- Rock/Metal music being popular for a good chunk of the decade

- A huge backlash against the 2010s. I want pretty much everything that the 2010s represented to die off and replaced by different trends and stuff.

- Big leaps in technology but not dystopian like the metaverse and "the internet of things". Stuff like bullet trains, holograms, self driving cars, AI pets, etc

- Photorealistic graphics to become the norm in video games

These are noble hopes. Except I would disagree with including holograms. In fact would put them in the negative category with the metaverse. They kind of dovetail with that. AI pets are OK I suppose, if one is into that sort of thing.

Written By: NightmareFarm on 02/27/22 at 8:52 pm

These are noble hopes. Except I would disagree with including holograms. In fact would put them in the negative category with the metaverse. They kind of dovetail with that. AI pets are OK I suppose, if one is into that sort of thing.

Why is it dystopian?

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 02/27/22 at 8:56 pm

Why is it dystopian?

I didn't say it was dystopian. Holograms aren't all that different from the metaverse. They're both fake reality. Who needs it?

Written By: NightmareFarm on 02/27/22 at 9:00 pm

I didn't say it was dystopian. Holograms aren't all that different from the metaverse. They're both fake reality. Who needs it?

Doesn't have to be fake holograms. It could be real life holograms recorded from real life like video cameras.

Written By: xX07-GhostXx on 02/27/22 at 9:19 pm

- Great reduction of infant mortality worldwide.

- There is an improvement of software archiving technology. As well as disillusionment with the thought of the internet being a place of permanence.

- Less homelessness.

- Higher employment rates. Living wages become better/more common.

- Elimination of difference of living standards between different neighborhoods in the united states (but I think this is optimistic to the extreme at this point).

- Less prejudice towards Emo culture, even if we don't end up being as common as we once were.

- Elimination of neighborhood watch regulations of a lawn's grass height. I don't think it's right you're supposed to risk ripping insects to shreds with a mower just to not be evicted.

- Memes dying. I also hope there's a massive increase in the production of art.

Written By: NightmareFarm on 02/27/22 at 9:44 pm

- Great reduction of infant mortality worldwide.

- There is an improvement of software archiving technology. As well as disillusionment with the thought of the internet being a place of permanence.

- Less homelessness.

- Higher employment rates. Living wages become better/more common.

- Elimination of difference of living standards between different neighborhoods in the united states (but I think this is optimistic to the extreme at this point).

- Less prejudice towards Emo culture, even if we don't end up being as common as we once were.

- Elimination of neighborhood watch regulations of a lawn's grass height. I don't think it's right you're supposed to risk ripping insects to shreds with a mower just to not be evicted.

- Memes dying. I also hope there's a massive increase in the production of art.

I 100% agree on that last point. In fact if you don't mind i'll add that to my list. Thanks.

Written By: Howard on 02/28/22 at 3:20 am

- stopping the violence in the streets, on the trains and buses.
-making the roads safer.
-eventually cashiers won't be needed since a lot of supermarkets have self-serve.

Written By: xX07-GhostXx on 02/28/22 at 7:32 am

I 100% agree on that last point. In fact if you don't mind i'll add that to my list. Thanks.

You're welcome. To be clear, I don't want all (or any) memes erased. But I do want it to be where no new ones are being made.

I also want this climate crisis to be quickly addressed.

Written By: xX07-GhostXx on 02/28/22 at 7:38 am

- stopping the violence in the streets, on the trains and buses.
-making the roads safer.
-eventually cashiers won't be needed since a lot of supermarkets have self-serve.

I agree about the roads, but not cashiering. I believe it's one of those jobs that could ease unemployment if we didn't rely on automation so much.

Back when I was a cashier, I already had trouble finding the words to express myself out loud, but management gave me common things to say, so even that didn't hinder me on the job.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/28/22 at 7:45 am

Cyclists to stop riding on the pavements, and people to stop walking while looking at their phones and banging into other pedestrians. Plus e-Scooters on pavements!

Written By: Contigo on 02/28/22 at 11:10 am

Hoping that everyone on earth has enough food to eat, a decent place to live, access to affordable  health care and peace between all nations. We're all in this together (the human race on earth), let's help each other out with what we can.

Written By: Howard on 02/28/22 at 2:40 pm

I agree about the roads, but not cashiering. I believe it's one of those jobs that could ease unemployment if we didn't rely on automation so much.

Back when I was a cashier, I already had trouble finding the words to express myself out loud, but management gave me common things to say, so even that didn't hinder me on the job.

What do you think about stopping the violence cause it seems to happen every day now.

Written By: Howard on 02/28/22 at 2:41 pm

Cyclists to stop riding on the pavements, and people to stop walking while looking at their phones and banging into other pedestrians. Plus e-Scooters on pavements!

I agree with that statement.

Written By: xX07-GhostXx on 02/28/22 at 3:12 pm

What do you think about stopping the violence cause it seems to happen every day now.

I agree with it.

Written By: Howard on 03/01/22 at 3:29 am

I agree with it.

Violence, I mean by getting shot for no apparent reason, the homeless abusing innocent people on the street, the knives, guns and other weapons.

Written By: xX07-GhostXx on 03/01/22 at 4:06 pm

Violence, I mean by getting shot for no apparent reason, the homeless abusing innocent people on the street, the knives, guns and other weapons.

I meant I agree with stopping the violence.

But in my ideal society, gun ownership would be compulsory for non-prisoners.

Edit: and more specifically, for the non-blind and non-intellectually disabled, since I don't want the blind or intellectually disabled accidentally shooting themselves.

Written By: Howard on 03/02/22 at 3:34 am

I meant I agree with stopping the violence.

But in my ideal society, gun ownership would be compulsory for non-prisoners.

Edit: and more specifically, for the non-blind and non-intellectually disabled, since I don't want the blind or intellectually disabled accidentally shooting themselves.

I've seen these incidents before in the paper where some guy threw human feces on another woman and a woman got hit across the head by a bat from a homeless man. ::)

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/04/22 at 4:45 am

I've seen these incidents before in the paper where some guy threw human feces on another woman

That’s just rude.  8-P

Written By: Howard on 03/04/22 at 4:11 pm

That’s just rude.  8-P

I know it is, it's quite disgusting!  8-P

Written By: Wink-182 on 03/04/22 at 6:16 pm

Personally, just prosperity, love, and generally to grow as a person and maybe to mature more and get more of a chance to see the world around me. On a world point of view, I'd totally say peace. I'm hoping this decade is one that starts out all frantic and crazy but only to slowly get more peaceful as the decade rolls on, but only time will tell for that one.

Written By: xX07-GhostXx on 03/11/22 at 4:18 pm

I really wish people would stop using the word "meme" for viral videos, types of videos, or other internet culture besides impact font pictures and crossed out subtitle pictures. I am extremely tired of hearing the word "meme".

In addition, obviously, I wish crossed out subtitle memes (never thought something would make me nostalgic for impact font pics) and impact font pics would become extremely less popular than they are currently.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 03/11/22 at 4:52 pm

I wish people would stop saying "guys" all the time. It is beyond all pervasive. "Guys, do you like my hat", "guys, what do you think of...", Marie Osmond's TV diet commercial "guys, have I got a diet for you..." etc, etc. It is absolutely unnecessary and awful. It is to this era what "you know" was to the 80s. "She, you know, came over my, you know, house and you know, stole my boyfriend". A small but vocal group of people object to "guys" because it is not gender inclusive. That doesn't particularly bother me but I am happy to attach my cart to that wagon if it will eliminate the scourge of "guys".

Written By: xX07-GhostXx on 03/11/22 at 9:29 pm

I want it to be feasible to buy a house (or have one built) as well, but for newly-built ones, that'd only be if no local environments are disturbed in the process.

Written By: Howard on 03/12/22 at 7:04 am

Escalated sidewalks like you see in The Jetsons.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/14/22 at 9:20 am

Escalating sidewalks already exist, I have been on several, especially at Heathrow Airport.

Written By: Howard on 03/14/22 at 2:43 pm

Escalating sidewalks already exist, I have been on several, especially at Heathrow Airport.

How are they?

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/15/22 at 4:14 am

How are they?
Makes it easier to travel at a faster pace, if walking on them.

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/15/22 at 5:11 am

And flying cars.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/15/22 at 5:23 am

And flying cars.
Roads? Where we're going we don't need... roads!

Written By: Howard on 03/15/22 at 2:35 pm

And flying cars.

If we're going to have flying cars then what will happen to the roads? ???

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/15/22 at 2:51 pm

If we're going to have flying cars then what will happen to the roads? ???
Roads? Where we're going we don't need... roads!

Written By: miserybusiness on 03/27/22 at 11:47 pm

a pop punk comeback

Written By: NightmareFarm on 03/28/22 at 1:33 am

a pop punk comeback

Looks like that's already starting to happen

Written By: Howard on 03/28/22 at 3:26 am

To finally get guns off the street, there needs to be something cause this is getting way out of control.

Check for new replies or respond here...