inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Do you guys think we are in core 20s culture yet?

Written By: NightmareFarm on 03/04/22 at 7:05 pm

I know the decade isn't finished yet so it's impossible to truly know but just theorize.

I don't think we're in core 20s culture yet. It still feels similar to the 10s even with COVID in the equation. Once COVID becomes an endemic is when it's possible for it to start but it may not start even then it may take longer for some new technology like VR or fold phones to take off.

Subject: Re: Do you guys think we are in core 20s culture yet?

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 03/04/22 at 7:32 pm

Is it only possible to know the "core" (who came up with that term anyway, and how do we know it's legitimate?) culture of a decade in retrospect, when it is over, or is it possible to know it while it is happening? Seems a shame if we couldn't know it,
and exalt in it, while it's happening.

Subject: Re: Do you guys think we are in core 20s culture yet?

Written By: NightmareFarm on 03/04/22 at 7:34 pm

Is it only possible to know the "core" (who came up with that term anyway, and how do we know it's legitimate?) culture of a decade in retrospect, when it is over, or is it possible to know it while it is happening? Seems a shame if we couldn't know it,
and exalt in it, while it's happening.

>I know the decade isn't finished yet so it's impossible to truly know but just theorize.

Check for new replies or respond here...