inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Anyone saw "The Batman" in cinemas?

Written By: NightmareFarm on 03/07/22 at 11:11 pm

Great movie. I really like the theme centered around law corruption, pattinsons portrayal of batman and the riddler. Its on par with the dark Knight for me.

Subject: Re: Anyone saw "The Batman" in cinemas?

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/08/22 at 1:18 am

Great movie. I really like the theme centered around law corruption, pattinsons portrayal of batman and the riddler. Its on par with the dark Knight for me.
I am looking forward to seeing it, especially knowing it was made here in the UK. Various cities and towns were used for locations for Gotham City, but at one point in the film the Liver Building in Liverpool can be seen.

Written By: NightmareFarm on 03/08/22 at 2:17 am

I am looking forward to seeing it, especially knowing it was made here in the UK. Various cities and towns were used for locations for Gotham City, but at one point in the film the Liver Building in Liverpool can be seen.

You live in the UK too? Cool.

Yeah it's definitely worth the watch. I didn't notice it was shot here though.

Written By: batfan2005 on 03/08/22 at 6:09 am

Not yet. Supposed to be going to see it this weekend. No spoilers please! This day and age it's so easy to come across something in a social media or the Google News feed with a spoiler in the headline.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/08/22 at 6:27 am

No spoilers please! This day and age it's so easy to come across something in a social media or the Google News feed with a spoiler in the headline.
btw, I am getting to the stage now of turning off some of my notifications on the phone, I just do not not to read the wring thing or item of news.

Written By: NightmareFarm on 03/08/22 at 6:55 am

Not yet. Supposed to be going to see it this weekend. No spoilers please! This day and age it's so easy to come across something in a social media or the Google News feed with a spoiler in the headline.

Bruce Wayne is Batman.

Sorry.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/08/22 at 6:58 am

Bruce Wayne is Batman.

Sorry.
...and where is Robin these days?

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/08/22 at 8:24 am

I am doing the next best thing, by watching any trailer online.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/09/22 at 5:57 am

I am doing the next best thing, by watching any trailer online.
I have seen one trailer, and there is a building that does look familiar to me.

Written By: batfan2005 on 03/12/22 at 7:05 pm

I didn't want to revisit this thread until I watched it, and finally saw it today. It was really good, but I still liked Batman Begins and the 1989 Batman more, though this one is not too far behind. I just wished this movie could have been released as originally scheduled in June 2021, so it would have helped make 2021 feel more like the new 2005, lol. But of course the pandemic ruined everything.

Written By: Mat1991 on 03/14/22 at 5:18 pm

I saw it last night. I thought it was actually kind of scary, lol. I did really enjoy it, though. It's definitely one of the darker Batman films, on par with the Tim Burton ones.

Written By: exodus08 on 03/15/22 at 2:15 pm

I'm actually looking forward to Doctor Strange 2 since I like Marvel movies more.

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/08/22 at 1:58 pm

With the new "Batgirl" movie axed months before its planned release by Warner Bros, how are we going to see it now?

Check for new replies or respond here...