inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Do teenagers still watch The Simpsons?

Written By: duenas8 on 03/26/22 at 9:19 pm

When I was teen in the early 10s, The Simpsons was the most common thing to watch on Cable TV, but now there are more choices due to the variety of streaming services and even myself I stopped watching it. I wonder if young zoomers and gen alphas only know The Simpsons in their new meme form.

Subject: Re: Do teenagers still watch The Simpsons?

Written By: nally on 03/26/22 at 9:34 pm

People who were teenagers in the 1990s, such as myself, watched it. But then it started getting boring and passé, in my opinion. It just wasn’t the same in 00 and later as it was in its early years.

Written By: Howard on 03/27/22 at 3:36 am

People who were teenagers in the 1990s, such as myself, watched it. But then it started getting boring and passé, in my opinion. It just wasn’t the same in 00 and later as it was in its early years.

I remember watching The Simpsons during The early 1990's when it was still on television, that's where they had those Tracey Ullman skits too during that time.

Written By: nally on 03/27/22 at 10:30 am

I remember watching The Simpsons during The early 1990's when it was still on television, that's where they had those Tracey Ullman skits too during that time.

Of course, they started out on the Tracey Ullman Show in the late 1980s (1987-1989) before becoming a standalone show.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/15/22 at 2:59 pm

I do not know, I have not asked one.

Written By: Slim95 on 04/15/22 at 3:47 pm

I can't believe the Simpsons is still airing.

Written By: Howard on 04/15/22 at 3:51 pm

It will never end.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/15/22 at 3:53 pm

"The Simpsons" been shown on UK television are repeats, today's episode is from series 10 originally broadcasted between August 23rd 1998 to May 16th 1999.

Written By: Howard on 04/16/22 at 6:55 am

"The Simpsons" been shown on UK television are repeats, today's episode is from series 10 originally broadcasted between August 23rd 1998 to May 16th 1999.

And the original episodes go back 35 years ago.

Written By: batfan2005 on 04/16/22 at 7:31 am

I don't think teenagers watch Family Guy, or even American Dad. I have no clue what they watch. As for me, when Family Guy became good in the 2000's was when I stopped watching the Simpsons except for the reruns on weeknights. I remember when they released the Simpsons movie in 2007 I was thinking it was too late.

Written By: nally on 04/16/22 at 11:03 am

Neither can I.

It will never end.

It will at some point.

Check for new replies or respond here...