inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Henry Danger/Danger Force fans…?

Written By: gotuokere on 04/06/22 at 8:33 pm

I haven’t posted on here in a long while so here goes…

Anyone seen the Nick show Henry Danger and it’s follow up current spin-off Danger Force? I know I may not get a lot of traction here about this topic, but I adore both shows. I have just recently gotten into them and I’m hooked. Henry Danger is quite underrated by my standards. In my opinion, it’s just as good as the classic Nick sitcoms like Drake and Josh and iCarly (given it was also created by Dan Schneider like those two). The jokes always land, the characters are hilarious and dynamic, and it’s overall a fun watch.

Danger Force is the current show in the franchise and it’s just as good. Slightly different in style and setup, but still excellent. I watch new episodes all the time when they come on Nick. It’s currently my favorite Nick show at the moment (along with Middlemost Post, I adore that show too!)

The Danger franchise is hardly ever discussed so I wanted to bring awareness on what everyone has been sleeping on. If you’ve seen Henry Danger and Danger Force and didn’t like them, that’s ok, I respect your opinion, or if you only like Henry Danger and not the spin-off Danger Force, I respect that opinion as well. Danger Force has been pretty divisive towards Henry Danger fans, but I think it’s simply swell. It’s a fun little show. Anyone who grew up watching Henry Danger? Any thoughts, opinions, experiences on the franchise in general?

Subject: Re: Henry Danger/Danger Force fans…?

Written By: ChrisBodilyTM on 04/07/22 at 12:35 am

You're speaking my language. Henry is on TeenNick a lot. I didn't really appreciate the later post-All That (Seasons 7-10) Dan Schneider sitcoms until I started watching them on TeenNick.

My favorite characters are Mary Gaperman, Schwoz, Ray, and Trent Overunder. Chapa is my favorite of the kids.

The 2019 revival of All That (which last aired in 2020 and seems to be in Covid limbo or quietly cancelled) got me back into watching the Saturday night block formerly known as SNICK. Now they seem to have shifted their focus to Thursdays being the big night for live action shows and have abandoned Saturdays, opting to show licensed movies. But this week is the Kids Choice Awards and Danger Force with Henry returning again.

Some of my current favorites are Henry/Danger Force, Side Hustle, Warped!, That Girl Lay Lay, The Substitute (2019-2021), Unfiltered, Are You Afraid of the Dark? (2019-present), The Barbarian and the Troll, The Astronauts, SpongeBob, Rugrats, Nick News, and The Loud House is a cute show.

If you want classic, I'd dig a little deeper. (You're probably younger, so no big deal. :) ) Kenan & Kel, Clarissa, My Brother & Me, Salute Your Shorts, Welcome Freshmen. Not to mention All That (Seasons 1-6), Rugrats (pre-Kimi), Doug (pre-Disney), Ren & Stimpy, Rocko, Are You Afraid of the Dark?, AAAHH!!! Real Monsters, The Angry Beavers, Double Dare, Weinerville, Alex Mack, Shelby Woo, Space Cases, Kablam!, You Can't Do That on Television, Nick Arcade...

Nick shows, especially modern, might be a little more niche/cult and discussions might not gain much traction.

Subject: Re: Henry Danger/Danger Force fans…?

Written By: gotuokere on 04/07/22 at 6:34 am

You're speaking my language. Henry is on TeenNick a lot. I didn't really appreciate the later post-All That (Seasons 7-10) Dan Schneider sitcoms until I started watching them on TeenNick.

My favorite characters are Mary Gaperman, Schwoz, Ray, and Trent Overunder. Chapa is my favorite of the kids.

The 2019 revival of All That (which last aired in 2020 and seems to be in Covid limbo or quietly cancelled) got me back into watching the Saturday night block formerly known as SNICK. Now they seem to have shifted their focus to Thursdays being the big night for live action shows and have abandoned Saturdays, opting to show licensed movies. But this week is the Kids Choice Awards and Danger Force with Henry returning again.

Some of my current favorites are Henry/Danger Force, Side Hustle, Warped!, That Girl Lay Lay, The Substitute (2019-2021), Unfiltered, Are You Afraid of the Dark? (2019-present), The Barbarian and the Troll, The Astronauts, SpongeBob, Rugrats, Nick News, and The Loud House is a cute show.

If you want classic, I'd dig a little deeper. (You're probably younger, so no big deal. :) ) Kenan & Kel, Clarissa, My Brother & Me, Salute Your Shorts, Welcome Freshmen. Not to mention All That (Seasons 1-6), Rugrats (pre-Kimi), Doug (pre-Disney), Ren & Stimpy, Rocko, Are You Afraid of the Dark?, AAAHH!!! Real Monsters, The Angry Beavers, Double Dare, Weinerville, Alex Mack, Shelby Woo, Space Cases, Kablam!, You Can't Do That on Television, Nick Arcade...

Nick shows, especially modern, might be a little more niche/cult and discussions might not gain much traction.

Oh my goodness, yes! I love those Henry Danger marathons TeenNick plays! I watch those all the time!

It’s so awesome to meet another Danger fan. There aren’t many of those, ya know. As for the characters? Don’t even get me started! Trent Overunder and Mary Gaperman’s back and forth is gold. They’re such funny characters. Although I must say, Henry’s dad, Jake Hart, is arguably the funniest dad in sitcom history. I can’t even with him!  ;D

Ray is just simply outrageous now in Danger Force! He’s even more off the wall than he was in Henry Danger! I love that. Comedy gold.

The whole Thursday night thing is good for the most part, although I prefer Saturday nights as the big sitcom night. It was tradition anyways, but it is what it is. Side Hustle and Warped are pretty good. I’ll watch ‘em whenever they come on. As for classic stuff, yeah, I was born in 1998 (I’m 24 now) so those shows are a bit before my time, although I’ve seen Ren and Stimpy and Rocko’s. I love those. Simply brilliant. SpongeBob is doing well and I still love the newer ones. The Loud House is good too. Danger Force is my favorite sitcom and Middlemost Post is my favorite cartoon at the moment. Nick seems to be doing really well right now. I like 85-90% of their lineup. So kudos to them. Cheers to new eps of Danger Force!  :)

Check for new replies or respond here...