inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 2023 predictions

Written By: batfan2005 on 04/13/22 at 6:48 pm

It might seem early but 2023 is only 8 and a half months away. What do you think 2023 will be like? Will COVID still be around (to the point with mask mandates and even lockdowns in some places)? Will the invasion of Ukraine still continue or another country getting invaded by Russia? What about the US economy? Will there be a cultural shift?

Subject: Re: 2023 predictions

Written By: Slim95 on 04/22/22 at 12:39 am

-  A new music fad/genre will will blow up
- Netflix will die
- A prominent figure/business will be cancelled
- A popular talk show host will announce he is retiring
- The Simpsons will announce they will stop airing new episodes
- An old 2000s singer will come back and be on top of the charts
- A new viral trend will take off
- There will be more terror in the world over war
- The WHO will announce an end of the pandemic
- the first ever affordable and accessible electric vehicle will be launched. I think electric cars will dominate this decade, completely replacing gas/hybrid by 2030.
- WW3 will begin

I think things will really start to change in 2023. It will be a shift year.

Written By: Dude111 on 04/22/22 at 2:57 am

Worse than n0w :(

Written By: Howard on 04/22/22 at 3:32 am

It might seem early but 2023 is only 8 and a half months away. What do you think 2023 will be like? Will COVID still be around (to the point with mask mandates and even lockdowns in some places)? Will the invasion of Ukraine still continue or another country getting invaded by Russia? What about the US economy? Will there be a cultural shift?

I think with these mask mandates they're starting to get rid of them I think to the point where you won't need them anymore on public transportation.

Written By: Howard on 04/22/22 at 3:33 am

- Netflix will die
- the first ever affordable and accessible electric vehicle will be launched. I think electric cars will dominate this decade, completely replacing gas/hybrid by 2030.
- WW3 will begin

I think things will really start to change in 2023. It will be a shift year.

So then what will be the new streaming service?  ???

Written By: batfan2005 on 04/22/22 at 6:10 am

Yeah, I was wondering why no one was replying to this one. Anyhow, here are my predictions:

- The Russian invasion/genocide of Ukraine will end some time in the early part, either at or after the one year anniversary of the beginning date. They will finally come to some agreement, with involvement from US and NATO
- COVID will finally be a thing of the past. It will still be around, but more like the flu and less deadly. The media will be more silent about it.
- The US economy will enter or already be in a recession. Might happen as early as Q4 2022. The housing bubble will burst.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 04/22/22 at 8:56 am

- Netflix will die
- WW3 will begin

All of these are pretty easy to predict.

"A  prominent figure/business will be cancelled". It happens every day. Of course it's going to happen in 2023.

"A popular talk show host will announce he is retiring". There are so many millions of them the odds are on your side that this will happen.

"The Simpsons will announce they will stop airing new episodes". It's only been on since before the Civil War. Again, odds are on your side.

" A new viral trend will take off"  Doh!

"There will be more terror in the world over war". Impossible for it NOT to happen.

"Netflix will die". I don't know that it will fold that fast. First it will likely drastically modify its content and format. May take more than a year.

"An old 2000s singer will come back and be on top of the charts." Could be. Could be.

" A new music fad/genre will will blow up. " Probably not. I'm talking something MAJOR. Not some silly little thing like certain people talk about here like "in the third part of 2021 the electropop sound of of the second part of 2016 with the pop punk sound of the school year of 2019 came back in three songs which indicated the start of absolutely everything in the core decade to come". That stuff doesn't count.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 04/22/22 at 8:57 am

So then what will be the new streaming service?  ???

Why so short sighted? it might be something that REPLACES streaming. What comes after streaming, THAT is the question!

Written By: Slim95 on 04/22/22 at 10:04 am

Yeah, I was wondering why no one was replying to this one.

Sorry bro I didn't see this thread. When I realized you had another thread like this already I locked the other one I made.

Written By: Slim95 on 04/22/22 at 10:06 am

- A major tech giant will face a lawsuit

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 04/22/22 at 10:07 am

The sun will rise.

Written By: batfan2005 on 04/22/22 at 10:44 am

Sorry bro I didn't see this thread. When I realized you had another thread like this already I locked the other one I made.

No worries

Written By: Howard on 04/22/22 at 2:45 pm

All of these are pretty easy to predict.

"A  prominent figure/business will be cancelled". It happens every day. Of course it's going to happen in 2023.

"A popular talk show host will announce he is retiring". There are so many millions of them the odds are on your side that this will happen.

"The Simpsons will announce they will stop airing new episodes". It's only been on since before the Civil War. Again, odds are on your side.

" A new viral trend will take off"  Doh!

"There will be more terror in the world over war". Impossible for it NOT to happen.

"Netflix will die". I don't know that it will fold that fast. First it will likely drastically modify its content and format. May take more than a year.

"An old 2000s singer will come back and be on top of the charts." Could be. Could be.

" A new music fad/genre will will blow up. " Probably not. I'm talking something MAJOR. Not some silly little thing like certain people talk about here like "in the third part of 2021 the electropop sound of of the second part of 2016 with the pop punk sound of the school year of 2019 came back in three songs which indicated the start of absolutely everything in the core decade to come". That stuff doesn't count.

If they do die then there's always other ways of streaming like Crackle and Hulu.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/24/22 at 2:35 pm

FYI: If that happens again, let me know and I can merge the threads.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 04/25/22 at 3:27 am

Donald Trump will get a haircut.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/25/22 at 3:33 am

He must have his haircut for now it would be done to his knees?

Written By: Howard on 04/25/22 at 3:41 am

He must have his haircut for now it would be done to his knees?

He definitely needs one, How the hell can you go without having a haircut?  ::)

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/25/22 at 3:49 am

He definitely needs one, How the hell can you go without having a haircut?  ::)
Is there a recent photo of him to verify this?

Written By: Howard on 04/25/22 at 2:49 pm

Is there a recent photo of him to verify this?

https://s.abcnews.com/images/Entertainment/WireAP_b4a284ada77940c38732546f5a13dc52_16x9_992.jpg

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/25/22 at 3:21 pm

https://s.abcnews.com/images/Entertainment/WireAP_b4a284ada77940c38732546f5a13dc52_16x9_992.jpg
That is a decent haircut, it is in any way not long at all.

Written By: Slim95 on 04/25/22 at 6:06 pm

I think Donald Trump won't be mentioned anymore in 2023.

Written By: batfan2005 on 04/25/22 at 6:57 pm

Unless he announces he will run again in 2024.

Written By: Howard on 04/26/22 at 6:42 am

He's been in the news for the past 6 years ever since got elected as President.  ::)

Written By: Dude111 on 04/27/22 at 7:07 pm

Ah man!!

Written By: batfan2005 on 06/05/22 at 7:40 am

The Hunger Games prequel: The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes is set to release in November 2023. It will star Rachel Zegler (Westside Story).

Written By: Slim95 on 06/05/22 at 8:57 pm

I think 2023 will be a transitional year. The 2022 - 2023 school year specifically.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 06/05/22 at 11:14 pm

The Great Pumpkin will finally visit Linus in the pumpkin patch on Halloween in 2023.

Written By: Howard on 06/06/22 at 3:26 am

The Great Pumpkin will finally visit Linus in the pumpkin patch on Halloween in 2023.

;D LOL

Written By: batfan2005 on 12/07/22 at 2:38 pm

Now that 2023 is less than a month away, what are your thoughts? My predictions still the same:

Yeah, I was wondering why no one was replying to this one. Anyhow, here are my predictions:

- The Russian invasion/genocide of Ukraine will end some time in the early part, either at or after the one year anniversary of the beginning date. They will finally come to some agreement, with involvement from US and NATO
- COVID will finally be a thing of the past. It will still be around, but more like the flu and less deadly. The media will be more silent about it.
- The US economy will enter or already be in a recession. Might happen as early as Q4 2022. The housing bubble will burst.

Written By: Howard on 12/07/22 at 2:50 pm

Now that 2023 is less than a month away, what are your thoughts? My predictions still the same:

I wonder if Trump will go to jail in 2023?

Written By: batfan2005 on 12/07/22 at 2:52 pm

I wonder if Trump will go to jail in 2023?

Lol, I had the feeling you were going to say that. He might be one step closer now that they have access to his tax records.

Written By: Howard on 12/08/22 at 6:58 am

Lol, I had the feeling you were going to say that. He might be one step closer now that they have access to his tax records.

But what's keeping them from arresting him?

Written By: batfan2005 on 12/08/22 at 7:58 am

I might be overly optimistic here, but I predict that 2023 will overall be an improvement from 2022. Even if it's just slightly better I'll take it. Only a handful of scenarios could make 2023 any worse than 2022, such as Putin's war on Ukraine escalating to something unthinkable, losing my job, or if I have a death of a close family member. The economy might be the only thing to put a damper on things. Sure there will be mass shootings, natural disasters, and celebrity deaths as every year but I have a feeling they will happen in lesser frequencies next year. Overall I predict a calmer and less eventful year.

Regarding the war in Ukraine, there might not be much involvement from US/NATO other than the usual financial aid and sanctions, but I predict something will happen to Putin. Either he will die of natural causes, or taken out by someone within his circle who fakes his loyalty.

If the pop culture is any indication, it looks promising with the lineup of movies and in January the reboot of one of my favorite comedy series from the late 90's/2000's premiers on Netflix.

But what's keeping them from arresting him?

With that kind of money and power you can do anything you want. He's like the real life version of Biff Tannen in the alternate reality in B2TF2 when he was rich and powerful.

Written By: Howard on 12/08/22 at 2:14 pm

I might be overly optimistic here, but I predict that 2023 will overall be an improvement from 2022. Even if it's just slightly better I'll take it. Only a handful of scenarios could make 2023 any worse than 2022, such as Putin's war on Ukraine escalating to something unthinkable, losing my job, or if I have a death of a close family member. The economy might be the only thing to put a damper on things. Sure there will be mass shootings, natural disasters, and celebrity deaths as every year but I have a feeling they will happen in lesser frequencies next year. Overall I predict a calmer and less eventful year.

Regarding the war in Ukraine, there might not be much involvement from US/NATO other than the usual financial aid and sanctions, but I predict something will happen to Putin. Either he will die of natural causes, or taken out by someone within his circle who fakes his loyalty.

If the pop culture is any indication, it looks promising with the lineup of movies and in January the reboot of one of my favorite comedy series from the late 90's/2000's premiers on Netflix.

With that kind of money and power you can do anything you want. He's like the real life version of Biff Tannen in the alternate reality in B2TF2 when he was rich and powerful.

Who do you see passing away in 23'?

Written By: batfan2005 on 12/08/22 at 2:59 pm

Besides Putin I'm not sure. Normally I don't like to predict the end of someone's life because if it becomes true that would feel weird.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 12/08/22 at 8:52 pm

Keith Richards.

And then the sun will go supernova.  :o :o :o

Written By: Howard on 12/09/22 at 3:07 am

Besides Putin I'm not sure. Normally I don't like to predict the end of someone's life because if it becomes true that would feel weird.

OK, I'm sorry for asking.

Written By: LyricBoy on 12/09/22 at 5:27 am

Well we won’t see any major Hogans Heroes or Gone With the Wind cast deaths next year.

Written By: batfan2005 on 12/09/22 at 6:02 am

OK, I'm sorry for asking.

Oh no, it's no problem at all.

Written By: Howard on 12/09/22 at 3:23 pm

Well we won’t see any major Hogans Heroes or Gone With the Wind cast deaths next year.

Maybe Bob Barker or Jane Fonda.

Written By: nally on 12/09/22 at 8:29 pm

Maybe Bob Barker or Jane Fonda.

Bob will turn 99 this Monday, god willing.

Written By: Howard on 12/10/22 at 3:01 am

Bob will turn 99 this Monday, god willing.

And Jane Fonda said if she doesn't succeed her treatment that she's ready to die.

Written By: JacobThePlante on 12/13/22 at 4:37 am

Music keeps getting more psychedelic/dreamy and trap rap finally loses its last grips of relevancy

Written By: batfan2005 on 12/13/22 at 7:14 am

Music keeps getting more psychedelic/dreamy and trap rap finally loses its last grips of relevancy

I'm hoping for more music with similar styles as Beyonce's Renaissance album.

Written By: Howard on 12/13/22 at 3:32 pm

I think they'll get the bill going with Daylight Savings Time being no more of changing the clocks.

Written By: JacobThePlante on 12/13/22 at 7:16 pm

I'm hoping for more music with similar styles as Beyonce's Renaissance album.

I think the 90s comeback was just her & Drake, I don't think we'll get any more of that. But I think we'll keep getting more 70s/80s influenced dance stuff like About Dang Time that also mix in a bit of trap

Written By: batfan2005 on 12/14/22 at 3:17 pm

I think the 90s comeback was just her & Drake, I don't think we'll get any more of that. But I think we'll keep getting more 70s/80s influenced dance stuff like About Dang Time that also mix in a bit of trap

"Good Luck" by Mabel sort of had the early 90's sound with the hard piano/keyboard. If anything we'll probably have more like Harry Styles, Steve Lacy, d4vd, etc.

Written By: Howard on 12/15/22 at 6:48 am

I'm predicting that there will be once again another mass shooting in '23 as if we haven't had enough shootings already.  ::)

Written By: nally on 01/01/23 at 2:15 pm

I will finally reach 400,000 posts.
I will also probably have to buy a new (or used) car - something I myself have never done before.

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/01/23 at 2:46 pm

Nick Cannon will sire children #13 and #14.

Written By: Howard on 01/01/23 at 4:04 pm

Donald Trump will end up in jail and then bail himself out with his own money.

Written By: nally on 01/01/23 at 4:49 pm

Donald Trump will end up in jail and then bail himself out with his own money.

If the DOJ is strict enough, the second thing hopefully won't happen.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 01/01/23 at 5:22 pm

If the DOJ is strict enough, the second thing hopefully won't happen.

Technically speaking, the only reason a large bail should be imposed is if somebody is considered a flight risk. It is not a "punishment".

Written By: Howard on 01/02/23 at 3:12 am

I'm guessing there will be another mass shooting.  ::)

Written By: Don Carlos on 01/02/23 at 10:00 am

There will be a MAJOR shift - from 2nd to 3rd

Written By: batfan2005 on 01/09/23 at 7:41 pm

I predict that Stetson Bennett (QB for UGA) will be drafted by the Atlanta Falcons.

Written By: batfan2005 on 01/30/23 at 10:11 am

I predict that the KC Chiefs will win the Superbowl.

Written By: Howard on 01/30/23 at 1:54 pm

I'm guessing there will be another mass shooting.  ::)

My prediction came true.

Written By: nally on 02/04/23 at 1:42 pm

I have less than 1,400 to go now!

Written By: nally on 03/18/23 at 6:18 pm

I have less than 1,400 to go now!

This prediction came true last week! O0

Written By: batfan2005 on 03/18/23 at 6:44 pm

I predict that the KC Chiefs will win the Superbowl.

This prediction became true. I mean it was a 50/50 chance.

Written By: nally on 03/18/23 at 10:06 pm

This prediction became true. I mean it was a 50/50 chance.

That’s true, since they got in on one side. Which meant either they would win or they would lose.

Written By: Howard on 03/19/23 at 2:43 am

Trump will finally head off to jail ( I might have done this prediction earlier in the year).

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/19/23 at 5:50 pm

Technically speaking, the only reason a large bail should be imposed is if somebody is considered a flight risk. It is not a "punishment".

Not so. The estranged husband of my cousin has been in jail… without bail… for nearly three months… after nearly beating her to death. Bail was denied because he was deemed a danger to the public. He’s scheduled for arraignment on attempted homicide, aggravated assault, and reckless endangerment tomorrow.

Dude has a long criminal record… indecent assault, simple assault, drunk driving, has pled guilty every time in exchange for a sweetheart plea deal. >:( I am hoping that the prosecutors grow a set and taken him to trial.

Truth be known he is safer in the slam than out on the streets. There’s a fair chance her Father, who is an imposing figure,  would beat that guy to death if he got his hands on him.

Written By: Howard on 03/20/23 at 2:39 am

Someone will assassinate Vladimir Putin.

Check for new replies or respond here...