inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Elon Musk Declines Invite to Join Twitter Board

Written By: LyricBoy on 04/14/22 at 11:43 am

Somehow I missed this one.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/04/11/elon-musk-decides-not-to-join-twitter-board-says-ceo-parag-agrawal.html

Would have been cool to see what he might have done as a board member.  8)

Subject: Re: Elon Musk Declines Invite to Join Twitter Board

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 04/14/22 at 12:04 pm

Nope. He's holding out for bigger things. A board member can only own 14.9% of the stock, and he wants much more than that. It's called strategy. 8)  I'm honestly glad he's messing with them like this. Twitter is way to big for it's britches.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/14/22 at 12:13 pm

Correct me if I am wrong, do you have to pay for the service of twitter?

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 04/14/22 at 12:35 pm

No.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/14/22 at 12:46 pm

No.
Thank you fro that info.

Written By: LyricBoy on 04/14/22 at 5:52 pm

Nope. He's holding out for bigger things. A board member can only own 14.9% of the stock, and he wants much more than that. It's called strategy. 8)  I'm honestly glad he's messing with them like this. Twitter is way to big for it's britches.

How much of it do you think he’d want to get? ???

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 04/14/22 at 9:37 pm

How much of it do you think he’d want to get? ???

ALL of it. He just offered 43 billion to buy Twitter outright. He wants to take it from being a publicly traded company to being privately held. What he is essentially suggesting is a hostile takeover. It's not really that uncommon. I hope he succeeds. The current CEO of Twitter is a real jerk. He is actually quoted as saying Twitter "is not to be bound by the first amendment"!!  :o :o  Look it up. He literally sh-t on the first amendment. I have no respect for such fools.

Written By: LyricBoy on 04/15/22 at 5:19 am

ALL of it. He just offered 43 billion to buy Twitter outright. He wants to take it from being a publicly traded company to being privately held. What he is essentially suggesting is a hostile takeover. It's not really that uncommon. I hope he succeeds. The current CEO of Twitter is a real jerk. He is actually quoted as saying Twitter "is not to be bound by the first amendment"!!  :o :o  Look it up. He literally sh-t on the first amendment. I have no respect for such fools.

Wow. $43,000,000,000. That’s beaucoup diñero.  :o

Written By: Don Carlos on 04/15/22 at 9:07 am

No private  company is bound by the first amendment - CONGRESS shall make no laws...

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 04/15/22 at 9:10 am

No private  company is bound by the first amendment - CONGRESS shall make no laws...

No one said they were BOUND. That still doesn't mean they can't honor it. This jackass Twitter CEO shows pure arrogance by feeling he is above it.

Check for new replies or respond here...