inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The New Judge Judy Show - “Judy Justice”

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/01/22 at 11:58 am

Has anybody here seen it yet?  How does it compare to the classic “Judge Judy” show? ???

https://s3.crackedcdn.com/phpimages/article/9/6/5/726965.jpg?v=3

Subject: Re: The New Judge Judy Show - “Judy Justice”

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 05/01/22 at 12:17 pm

Judge Judy aggravates me. She doesn't act like a real judge. Oh, I know she's technically a judge, but she doesn't act like one. She acts like some old schoolmarm from the early 20th Century or something. I have been called to jury duty well over ten times since the 1970s to today and have yet to see a judge that acts like that. They are generally composed, serene  and almost otherworldly. But I guess nobody would watch that on TV. She's a "showbiz judge". She's a borderline phony.

Written By: Starro23 on 05/01/22 at 2:21 pm

Quality post, my friend

Written By: Howard on 05/01/22 at 2:29 pm

Judge Judy aggravates me. She doesn't act like a real judge. Oh, I know she's technically a judge, but she doesn't act like one. She acts like some old schoolmarm from the early 20th Century or something. I have been called to jury duty well over ten times since the 1970s to today and have yet to see a judge that acts like that. They are generally composed, serene  and almost otherworldly. But I guess nobody would watch that on TV. She's a "showbiz judge". She's a borderline phony.

I think it's the way she acts towards the people, Judy seems to scream at people a lot.

Written By: whistledog on 05/01/22 at 2:47 pm

I know what you mean.  I don't like how she seems to have no problem calling the plaintiffs and defendants morons and idiots.  If I was in her courtroom and she called me a name like that, I'd risk contempt of court to tell her to go F herself

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/01/22 at 3:45 pm

I think it's the way she acts towards the people, Judy seems to scream at people a lot.

She’s like Jon Taffer on Bar Rescue.  8)

Written By: whistledog on 05/01/22 at 3:49 pm

But Judy never throws things (at least not that i've seen lol)

Written By: Starro23 on 05/01/22 at 4:15 pm

Yup. DEFINITELY Jon Taffer  8) 8)

Written By: ChrisBodilyTM on 05/01/22 at 4:18 pm

Funnily enough, even Judge Judy thinks Judge Judy is a total bitch. She's literally nothing like her TV persona. I've seen/read interviews, and it's like an Alice Cooper contrast.

Court shows aren't really my thing, but I do watch Steve Harvey for the novelty.

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/01/22 at 4:30 pm

Court shows aren't really my thing, but I do watch Steve Harvey for the novelty.

There was a time when, if I took a day off of work, I could watch judge shows nonstop from like 11:00 AM until 5:00 PM.  ;D

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/01/22 at 4:31 pm

But Judy never throws things (at least not that i've seen lol)

Give her time.

Written By: whistledog on 05/01/22 at 4:44 pm

Give her time.

She might start lobbing gavels at the plaintiffs and defendants like they were tomahawks lol

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/01/22 at 6:26 pm

I have watched this segment I don't know how many times but I still love it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bG0a6Oy7rfA

Cat

Written By: Howard on 05/02/22 at 3:33 am

I know what you mean.  I don't like how she seems to have no problem calling the plaintiffs and defendants morons and idiots.  If I was in her courtroom and she called me a name like that, I'd risk contempt of court to tell her to go F herself

I think she puts on an act, she couldn't possibly sound like that towards her family.

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/02/22 at 4:54 am

I think she puts on an act, she couldn't possibly sound like that towards her family.

Well, she has been married to her husband - TWICE.

Written By: Contigo on 05/02/22 at 9:38 am

I attempted to watch the old Judge Judy a couple of times, she was so annoying, irritating and arrogant, I gave up after a few minutes. I can't stand that type of character.

Subject: The New Judge Judy Show - “Judy Justice”

Written By: Dude111 on 05/06/22 at 6:10 pm

Yes like Dr Laura.... She Bitches people out constantly!!!

Check for new replies or respond here...