inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: NFT sales plummet 92% and the market collapses

Written By: Starro23 on 05/05/22 at 10:07 am

Another Starro news story for ya, Analysis by the website NonFungible, first cited by the Wall Street Journal, found that NFT sales fell to a daily average of 19,000 this week, compared to 225,000 seven months ago.

Active wallets, which are used to store NFTs, also dropped by 88 per cent. The article concluded: “The NFT market is collapsing.”

www.independent.co.uk/tech/nft-sales-elon-musk-b2071204.html?utm_content=Echobox&utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=Main&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1651671640

:-X

Subject: Re: NFT sales plummet 92% and the market collapses

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/05/22 at 10:16 am

www.independent.co.uk/tech/nft-sales-elon-musk-b2071204.html?utm_content=Echobox&utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=Main&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1651671640

Btw, I have to register to subscribe to view this report in full.

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/05/22 at 4:54 pm

WTF is NFT? ???

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/05/22 at 5:23 pm

WTF is NFT? ???

Non-fungible token. They are basically cryptocurrence in photo form. They put some kind of mark on a copy of a photo and you can BUY (or sell) that specific copy of that photo. It really stupid if you ask me and I'm not surprised that the market tanked.

https://www.forbes.com/advisor/investing/cryptocurrency/nft-non-fungible-token/

Cat

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/05/22 at 5:50 pm

Non-fungible token. They are basically cryptocurrence in photo form. They put some kind of mark on a copy of a photo and you can BUY (or sell) that specific copy of that photo. It really stupid if you ask me and I'm not surprised that the market tanked.

https://www.forbes.com/advisor/investing/cryptocurrency/nft-non-fungible-token/

Cat

Ah, now I see. I prefer my tokens to be fungible anyway.  ;)

Written By: ChrisBodilyTM on 05/05/22 at 6:56 pm

NFT is some digital crap that's horrible for the environment. You pretty much can buy something and own it, except you don't. You're essentially buying a receipt. It's stupid.

Written By: Howard on 05/06/22 at 3:17 am

NFT is some digital crap that's horrible for the environment. You pretty much can buy something and own it, except you don't. You're essentially buying a receipt. It's stupid.

That is stupid, why would I want to even buy a receipt when I want to own the whole thing? ::)

Written By: LooseBolt on 05/06/22 at 5:08 am

And nothing of value was lost.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/10/22 at 12:58 pm

Another Starro news story for ya, Analysis by the website NonFungible, first cited by the Wall Street Journal, found that NFT sales fell to a daily average of 19,000 this week, compared to 225,000 seven months ago.

Active wallets, which are used to store NFTs, also dropped by 88 per cent. The article concluded: “The NFT market is collapsing.”

:-X

Can this be blamed on bitcoins?

Check for new replies or respond here...