inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: So 3D movies are back again ?

Written By: Starro23 on 05/08/22 at 8:06 pm

Not sure if anyone noticed but Dr. Strange 2 in Imax was randomly changed to 3D to the majority of AMC theaters, as I walked
in I was actually surprised they did this. With Avatar 2 coming out in the Fall I could see 3d coming back for a tiny bit.

Subject: Re: So 3D movies are back again ?

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/09/22 at 1:40 am

The last few times I saw 3D movies in the cinema, I walked out with eye strain and a headache.

Written By: Howard on 05/09/22 at 3:18 am

Not sure if anyone noticed but Dr. Strange 2 in Imax was randomly changed to 3D to the majority of AMC theaters, as I walked
in I was actually surprised they did this. With Avatar 2 coming out in the Fall I could see 3d coming back for a tiny bit.

I remember 3D in the theaters along with the scratch and sniff too if anyone remembers that?

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/09/22 at 3:24 am

I remember 3D in the theaters along with the scratch and sniff too if anyone remembers that?
Over my years of going to the cinema I never participated in a scratch and sniff film.

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/09/22 at 5:30 am

Did they have all the usual gratuitous 3-D effects, with things appearing to fly out of the screen into the audience?

Jaws 3-D is my favorite of the Jaws trilogy due to those cool 3-D effects.  8)

Written By: Howard on 05/09/22 at 3:07 pm

Over my years of going to the cinema I never participated in a scratch and sniff film.

I think this was back in the late 70's where you'd have a scent that would appear on the screen and you'd scratch that numbered scent on the screen.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 05/09/22 at 3:34 pm

Yes. John Waters used "Smell-O-Vision" too, which was essentially the same thing. A few albums had "scratch n sniff" too. One that I recall was "Garden In the City" by Melanie which had a floral scent to it.

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/09/22 at 5:00 pm

I think this was back in the late 70's where you'd have a scent that would appear on the screen and you'd scratch that numbered scent on the screen.

Some magazines in the 70s had scratch ‘n sniff features, too.

Written By: Howard on 05/10/22 at 3:36 am

Some magazines in the 70s had scratch ‘n sniff features, too.

I'm wondering if Smell O Vision will come back?

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/10/22 at 9:02 am

Yes. John Waters used "Smell-O-Vision" too, which was essentially the same thing. A few albums had "scratch n sniff" too. One that I recall was "Garden In the City" by Melanie which had a floral scent to it.
Was the aroma correct for smell portrayed?

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 05/10/22 at 9:32 am

Actually, it looks like Smell-O-Vision dates back to 1960.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smell-O-Vision

John Waters paid homage to it with "Odorama" in 1982 in his movie "Polyester". If I recall from his book "Crackpot: The Obsessions of John Waters", the odors were of various bodily functions and emissions, among other things.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/10/22 at 10:28 am

I'm wondering if Smell O Vision will come back?
What aroma would be correct for Al Pacino's "Scent of a Woman"?

Written By: Contigo on 05/10/22 at 10:33 am

Oh I hope it's not "Dog Day Afternoon"  :D

Written By: Howard on 05/10/22 at 2:44 pm

Sometimes, the number would blink on the screen and you'd scratch that scent of that number from that number would appear on the screen.

Written By: Howard on 05/10/22 at 2:47 pm

What perfume did women put on in that film?

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/10/22 at 4:45 pm

What perfume did women put on in that film?

Fleurs de Rocaille 

Check for new replies or respond here...