inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Thank you Tom Cruise for making Top Gun 2, wow amazing

Written By: Starro23 on 05/28/22 at 8:43 pm

That was insane guys, SEE IT IN IMAX PLEASE ! lol

and yes it was so good I forgot about his Scientology beliefs

Subject: Re: Thank you Tom Cruise for making Top Gun 2, wow amazing

Written By: Starro23 on 05/28/22 at 8:44 pm

Wait, why am I thanking myself?

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 05/28/22 at 8:51 pm

That was insane guys, SEE IT IN IMAX PLEASE ! lol

and yes it was so good I forgot about his Scientology beliefs

Which begs the question...can an artist be judged on their art alone irrespective of their personal lives? I myself most assuredly think so, but many people do not. Think of how many people (or writers or journalists or critics) who you now hear say  "given the revelations that have come to light I could NEVER watch a Woody Allen movie now". He has been cancelled, his films cannot get US distribution, etc, etc. Despite the fact that in all truth he has never been convicted of a single thing. Except in the court of public opinion.

There are many musicians/songwriters whose music I love even though it turns out their personal lives are not so stellar. Even John Lennon, one of my favorites, was known to be a nasty drunk, and was known, in his younger years, to sometimes be abusive to woman. But the music stands.

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/29/22 at 5:43 am

Is Kelly McGillis in the cast of TG2 ? ???

Written By: batfan2005 on 05/29/22 at 7:40 am

Yes it was. By far the best movie of the year so far, even better than The Batman. I can't even remember the last time I was that impressed by a movie, and it left a lasting impression. There were times when be were clapping in the theater during the movie, not just at the end. I can almost say it's better than the first one. It's like watching the first one all over again with fresh new material.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/31/22 at 4:27 pm

I have no desire to see this movie. I don't like Tom Cruise. HOWEVER, I have been hearing that it is a good movie. And I just learned that a friend of mine, Jim Handy is in it. (He plays the bartender.)

Cat

Check for new replies or respond here...