inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: I Still See People Wearing Masks In The Mall

Written By: Slim95 on 06/19/22 at 2:45 pm

The COVID era is NOT over. At least not here in Canada.

Subject: Re: I Still See People Wearing Masks In The Mall

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/19/22 at 2:53 pm

Please read here: http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=60845.msg4115385#msg4115385

Written By: karen on 06/19/22 at 4:13 pm

All the people I know who have caught Covid most recently have been the ones wearing masks in most situations.

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/19/22 at 4:36 pm

“Fear” is a great industry. There are some people who will be wearing masks 10 years from now because they’ve bought into the whole mess.

I’m an ‘essential worker’ who works in an office with 85 other people. We’re not surrounded in bubble wrap. No masks. Most of us did get the shot and the booster. We take reasonable precautions re: distancing. But if you’d believe the fear factory, all 85 of us should be dead by now. We did not buy into the extremists who have no clue as to the meaning of “risk management’.

The CDC is to blame for this mess, following their political agenda. The same people who promoted the destruction of small businesses through the restaurant shutdowns are the same people who have no problem at all telling you there’s a safe way to party serious with a monkeypox victim.

It was OK to destroy businesses by the tens of thousands, but hey, don’t mess with the homosexuals who (so far statistically) are the main vector for the monkeypox infection (not their fault but nevertheless that’s where the majority of the cases have been}. That would alienate the CDC’s political base.

Written By: Howard on 06/20/22 at 3:32 am

Where I live in New York, some people are wearing masks even though the COVID isn't over yet but some aren't either but that's their decision. I'll wear the mask inside the bus but I'm taking it off as soon as I get off the bus and walk home. Has anyone ever gotten stares from the Chinese or Japanese people? ???

Written By: whistledog on 06/20/22 at 8:37 pm

COVID won't be over for a very long time, but it's not as serious as it originally started out to be.  I still see people wearing masks, but it's totally up to them to do that.  Here in my town, they just recently lifted the mask mandate for riding city buses, but some local "mom and pop" stores can still make you wear a mask

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/21/22 at 2:52 am

I can see myself wearing a mask in enclosed spaces/shops for a long while now.

Written By: Howard on 06/21/22 at 7:15 am

COVID won't be over for a very long time, but it's not as serious as it originally started out to be.  I still see people wearing masks, but it's totally up to them to do that.  Here in my town, they just recently lifted the mask mandate for riding city buses, but some local "mom and pop" stores can still make you wear a mask

I still see people wearing the masks on public transportation but some aren't as much as it started because the lifting of the mask mandate and I will wear them on buses but I will take it off as soon as I get off the bus.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/21/22 at 6:18 pm

Mask are going to be around from now on. People in Asian countries have been wearing them forever. I think the U.S. has finally caught up. I will NEVER fly again without wearing one. I still wear them going into stores sometimes. And of course going to the hospital and other appointments we have to wear them. To me, it is no biggie. When masks are not mandatory, if people want to wear masks, that is their choice. Last week, we went to a graduation-masks were optional. There were a few people who wore them-including some in our group.

Cat

Written By: Slim95 on 06/21/22 at 8:52 pm

Mask are going to be around from now on. People in Asian countries have been wearing them forever. I think the U.S. has finally caught up. I will NEVER fly again without wearing one. I still wear them going into stores sometimes. And of course going to the hospital and other appointments we have to wear them. To me, it is no biggie. When masks are not mandatory, if people want to wear masks, that is their choice. Last week, we went to a graduation-masks were optional. There were a few people who wore them-including some in our group.

Cat

You may be right. But I don't like that. Wearing masks is depressing. It reminds you of the terrible COVID era. How do you know masks will go on forever though? I hope they don't.

Written By: karen on 06/22/22 at 1:48 am

You may be right. But I don't like that. Wearing masks is depressing. It reminds you of the terrible COVID era. How do you know masks will go on forever though? I hope they don't.

Cat’s point is that in other cultures they wear masks whenever they feel ill so as not to infect others. Maybe it is time everyone who is able to should adopt this.

Written By: Howard on 06/22/22 at 3:34 am

Cat

I feel If I don't have my mask on Asian people will stare at me while I'm walking down the street.

Written By: Slim95 on 06/24/22 at 12:14 am

I feel If I don't have my mask on Asian people will stare at me while I'm walking down the street.

Most of the people who I see wearing masks are Asian people.

Written By: Howard on 06/24/22 at 3:36 am

That's how I feel sometimes, I just think I'm going to get stared at by Asian people if I don't have my mask on.

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/24/22 at 4:46 am

Here, all nationals are wearing masks.

Written By: batfan2005 on 06/24/22 at 12:25 pm

Where I live it's the opposite, people look at you funny if you ARE wearing a mask, like you're one of those Brandon voters.

Written By: Howard on 06/24/22 at 3:08 pm

When are we going to stop wearing masks on city buses or is it still going on until someone stay to ditch them? ???

Written By: Slim95 on 06/25/22 at 1:04 am

When are we going to stop wearing masks on city buses or is it still going on until someone stay to ditch them? ???

In the city busses where I live, most people do not wear masks. I don't even think it has been made legal yet. But it's completely relaxed. I see maybe 40% of people wear a mask on public transit. Even the bus drivers are completely unmasked (thought they do still have a plastic shield in front of them).

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/25/22 at 3:02 am

But are these people wearing masks in the shopping malls?

Written By: Howard on 06/25/22 at 3:34 am

In the city busses where I live, most people do not wear masks. I don't even think it has been made legal yet. But it's completely relaxed. I see maybe 40% of people wear a mask on public transit. Even the bus drivers are completely unmasked (thought they do still have a plastic shield in front of them).

I wonder if they said anything about still wearing the masks on public transit lately?

Written By: Howard on 06/25/22 at 3:34 am

But are these people wearing masks in the shopping malls?

I haven't been to a shopping mall in quite some time.

Written By: Contigo on 06/25/22 at 8:21 am

I'd hazard a guess that  more or less 1/3 of the people here wear masks in malls and stores, most of those who do wear masks are over the age of 50.

Written By: Howard on 06/25/22 at 2:41 pm

I'd hazard a guess that  more or less 1/3 of the people here wear masks in malls and stores, most of those who do wear masks are over the age of 50.

Most of the people in the supermarket where I work are over the age of 50.

Check for new replies or respond here...