inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: FYI: This Drake/Beyonce House music is not going take over

Written By: Starro23 on 06/22/22 at 4:25 am

There will be a few artists copying whatever Beyonce and Drake do, but it's not going to be a dominate trend in music.
This is more of a stop gap trend that will last a few months and thats it. Drake's new album his been panned so far for
lacking originality and sounding sonically bad. Also Gaga did a 90s house album in 2020 lol

8) This is a Starro23 certified post. Have a fulfilling day!  8)

Subject: Re: FYI: This Drake/Beyonce House music is not going take over

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/22/22 at 6:00 pm

There will be a few artists copying whatever Beyonce and Drake do, but it's not going to be a dominate trend in music.
This is more of a stop gap trend that will last a few months and thats it. Drake's new album his been panned so far for
lacking originality and sounding sonically bad. Also Gaga did a 90s house album in 2020 lol

8) This is a Starro23 certified post. Have a fulfilling day!  8)

How does a post get certified? ???

Written By: woahjoey on 06/22/22 at 8:56 pm

Love me some good House music!  Seems like the natural transition from the disco-inspired albums we got in 2020 (Dua, Gaga, Jessie, Kylie). 

I agree Drake's album won't be a trendsetter, simple because he does not have that kind of reach, but few do.

Beyonce otoh does have that kind of pop-cultural power to set trends (most notable being the digital drop). But I think it's too soon to tell! While the new single is House (and has the wonderful sample of Robin S.'s Show Me Love), it also featured NOLO Bounce music with Big Freedia who was also featured on Formation.

Written By: Sman12 on 06/23/22 at 8:43 pm

Hey, guys, I'm back! Back from getting banned (for some odd reason).

With that being said, Drake's new house album was horrible and boring (I rather listen to Currents by Tame Impala than "Currents" by Drake).

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/24/22 at 5:00 pm

Hey, guys, I'm back! Back from getting banned (for some odd reason).

With that being said, Drake's new house album was horrible and boring (I rather listen to Currents by Tame Impala than "Currents" by Drake).

When’d you get banned? ???

Written By: Sman12 on 06/24/22 at 5:29 pm

When’d you get banned? ???
Several months ago, but it was because of an error with the mobile site.

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/24/22 at 5:35 pm

Several months ago, but it was because of an error with the mobile site.

Ah, well welcome back!

Check for new replies or respond here...