inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The Fake Early 2020s Era

Written By: Slim95 on 06/28/22 at 11:52 pm

There is NO WAY this era was either the late '10s or early '20s. When did you hear Billie Eilish's whisper pop in 2018? Or even Juice World? It's neither early 2020s (which is when retro pop and faster paced pop music exploded) OR late 2010s (which was dominated by trap and EDM).

Subject: Re: The Fake Early 2020s Era

Written By: JacobThePlante on 07/03/22 at 2:48 am

It is a very unique time (late 2019/early 2020) because culture WAS heading in a certain direction (guided by a bit of futurism IMO), then was suddenly HALTED by the pandemic, which propelled society in a completely different direction. I wonder how different things would be now if Covid never happened

Subject: Re: The Fake Early 2020s Era

Written By: Slim95 on 07/06/22 at 7:36 pm

It is a very unique time (late 2019/early 2020) because culture WAS heading in a certain direction (guided by a bit of futurism IMO), then was suddenly HALTED by the pandemic, which propelled society in a completely different direction. I wonder how different things would be now if Covid never happened

I agree. I was really hopeful and excited about the era that would come. I'm sure there would still be some retro pop since The Weeknd and Dua Lipa released their albums beforehand, but pop culture would have probably been a lot more interesting and diverse if the pandemic didn't happen.

Check for new replies or respond here...