inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Bette Midler and Macy Gray: Prepare to Be Canceled.

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/05/22 at 11:34 am

Looks like they have both tickled the transgender dragon.

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2022/07/05/entertainment/bette-midler-macy-gray-transgender/index.html

Brace for the backlash.  :-X

Subject: Re: Bette Miller and Macy Gray: Prepare to Be Canceled.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 07/05/22 at 11:55 am

Don't know about Macy Gray, who may have more integrity than Bette Midler, but Midler will grovel and apologize and be pardoned. Mark my words. She has done this numerous times before where she speaks her true mind and then gets in trouble with the woke mob (which isn't really that much of a mob, but their voices sure are amplified). She will grovel and apologize and beg forgiveness and will be pardoned.

Written By: Emman on 07/06/22 at 3:37 pm

Don't know about Macy Gray, who may have more integrity than Bette Midler, but Midler will grovel and apologize and be pardoned. Mark my words. She has done this numerous times before where she speaks her true mind and then gets in trouble with the woke mob (which isn't really that much of a mob, but their voices sure are amplified). She will grovel and apologize and beg forgiveness and will be pardoned.

Bette Midler is a man-hating feminist, it's funny how when her misandry is taken to it's logical conclusion(exclusion of transwomen from category of female) that she's finally seen as a bigot. And yes she has a tendency to say crap then apologize for it.

Macy Gracy is an R&B singer who was fairly popular in the late '90s/early '00s, she was in the movie Training Day, she probably won't apologize.

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/06/22 at 5:27 pm

Macy Gracy is an R&B singer who was fairly popular in the late '90s/early '00s, she was in the movie Training Day, she probably won't apologize.

Macy has doubled down on her position and is telling complainers to go pack sand.

https://ew.com/celebrity/macy-gray-responds-to-backlash-over-trans-comments/

And Bette has done likewise:

https://www.nbcnews.com/nbc-out/out-pop-culture/bette-midler-defends-social-posts-criticized-transphobic-rcna36893

So any day now, they will both be officially canceled.

Let the names of a Macy Gray and Bette Midler be stricken from every book and tablet, stricken from all pylons and obelisks, stricken from every monument of Egypt. Let their names  be unheard and unspoken, erased from the memory of men for all time.

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/09/22 at 7:12 am

Macy has already caved. So much for being a vertebrate.  ::)

https://www.vanityfair.com/style/2022/07/macy-gray-apologizes-anti-trans-comments-misunderstood-today-show-hoda-kotb-piers-morgan/amp

Subject: Re: Bette Midler and Macy Gray: Prepare to Be Canceled.

Written By: J. Rob on 07/09/22 at 4:57 pm

I haven't heard of Macy Gray in at least 15 years, but I can tell you just off memory that she doesn't give a flying ****  ;D

EDIT: Scratch that. Lol

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 07/09/22 at 5:01 pm

Macy has doubled down on her position and is telling complainers to go pack sand.

Is the expression "go pack sand" or "go pound sand"? I have always heard "go pound sand".

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/09/22 at 5:43 pm

Is the expression "go pack sand" or "go pound sand"? I have always heard "go pound sand".

I’ve heard it both ways.  :o

Check for new replies or respond here...