inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: This heat wave is unreal

Written By: Starro23 on 07/20/22 at 6:07 pm

How are u guys dealing with it ?

Subject: Re: This heat wave is unreal

Written By: Howard on 07/21/22 at 3:35 am

I'm dealing with it the best that I can, New York has another few more days to deal with it with temperatures in the 90's.

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/21/22 at 10:40 am

The global warming is the long-term heating of Earth's climate system observed since the pre-industrial period (between 1850 and 1900) due to human activities, primarily fossil fuel burning, which increases heat-trapping greenhouse gas levels in Earth's atmosphere, and should be dealt with many years ago. Even in novelist Arthur Herzog published a book "Heat" in 1977, which blended fiction and fact into a terrifying and highly plausible story of the near future: a time when tensions mount as ecological doom beckons, with the protagonist Lawrence Pick, an engineer, gathers startling evidence that the world’s weather may be rapidly changing, as a prelude to a fundamental alteration in global climate.

We knew about global warming many years ago and it seems nothing has been done. For a start, stop the cattle farting methane gas into the atmosphere.

Written By: LooseBolt on 07/21/22 at 12:03 pm

What I am doing about it:

- Staying indoors
- Buying a generator
- Saving up for an electric vehicle

Written By: Howard on 07/21/22 at 2:49 pm

New York has another few more days until this heatwave passes, today was 95 with a brief thunderstorm and tomorrow should be low 90's then Saturday and Sunday temperatures will be in the upper 90's and by Monday temperatures should be 85.

Written By: Mat1991 on 07/22/22 at 1:37 am

My area in Texas has been having multiple back-to-back days of temperatures exceeding 100 degrees. I can't even sit down outdoors at night without getting sweaty. I'm trying to deal with it by waiting until later in the evening to go on my walks and runs that I like doing so much, and generally just staying indoors most of the time.

Written By: Howard on 07/22/22 at 3:37 am

My area in Texas has been having multiple back-to-back days of temperatures exceeding 100 degrees. I can't even sit down outdoors at night without getting sweaty. I'm trying to deal with it by waiting until later in the evening to go on my walks and runs that I like doing so much, and generally just staying indoors most of the time.

Do you have air-conditioning in your house? ???

Written By: Mat1991 on 07/22/22 at 12:49 pm

Do you have air-conditioning in your house? ???

Yes. I'm from the south, and it's required.  :D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/22/22 at 1:34 pm

It's a good thing it isn't snowing. Can you imagine shoveling in this heat?

Cat

Written By: karen on 07/22/22 at 1:36 pm

Cat

You don’t post on the BBC Have Your Say do you? This comment was posted on every discussion about the heatwave I forgot to check if it was always the same person posting

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/22/22 at 1:53 pm

You don’t post on the BBC Have Your Say do you? This comment was posted on every discussion about the heatwave I forgot to check if it was always the same person posting

Nope. I heard it from someone the other day and thought it was funny.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 07/22/22 at 2:40 pm

Yes. I'm from the south, and it's required.  :D

I have air-conditioning in my house too, there was a time where our air-conditioner ran all night up until we turned it off in the morning cause it got so very hot upstairs and downstairs but after that My Father would get such a huge electric bill that now we turn it on and turn it off at specific times but as for me I turn it off before I go to sleep so that way my room can stay at least a bit cool.

Written By: Howard on 07/22/22 at 2:42 pm

Cat

If it snowed now most likely it would melt pretty quickly from the heat, it would turn to water.

Written By: Wink-182 on 07/22/22 at 3:27 pm

I've been pretty much staying inside with my AC on blast while completing college work, I'm in between jobs right now so I don't have to worry about going outside as much, besides being in my Air Conditioned car to go to the grocery store or something. We've had multiple three digit days where I live, so that's not fun plus the humidity to go along with it.

Written By: Howard on 07/23/22 at 7:14 am

I've been pretty much staying inside with my AC on blast while completing college work, I'm in between jobs right now so I don't have to worry about going outside as much, besides being in my Air Conditioned car to go to the grocery store or something. We've had multiple three digit days where I live, so that's not fun plus the humidity to go along with it.

New York will see temperatures today and tomorrow in the mid 90's.

Subject: This heat wave is unreal

Written By: Dude111 on 07/23/22 at 6:54 pm

It wouldnt last long I tell ya!!

Written By: Howard on 07/24/22 at 3:38 am

Hopefully this darn heatwave will come to an end on Monday with showers and thunderstorms cause I know we sure need some right now.

Written By: Slim95 on 07/29/22 at 9:39 pm

It seems like the summers are getting a little hotter but it's just not hot enough here for me personally. I really like hot weather, 27c degrees and above is ideal for me all summer long. But here we have a bunch of days that get below 27. Where I live it's also really, really dry. I don't mind a little more humidity so you don't have to wear pants and a long-sleeve shirt at night.

Next year I plan to move more out east so that won't be a problem for me.

Written By: Howard on 07/30/22 at 7:01 am

It seems like the summers are getting a little hotter but it's just not hot enough here for me personally. I really like hot weather, 27c degrees and above is ideal for me all summer long. But here we have a bunch of days that get below 27. Where I live it's also really, really dry. I don't mind a little more humidity so you don't have to wear pants and a long-sleeve shirt at night.

Next year I plan to move more out east so that won't be a problem for me.

I'm not crazy about summers sometimes when it gets real hot like next week we might get a 3rd heatwave where temperatures will reach the low to mid 90's with a heat index of 100.  :P

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/26/22 at 10:56 am

Hopefully the heat wave has gone now!

Written By: Howard on 08/26/22 at 2:40 pm

Hopefully the heat wave has gone now!

It still feels humid but we so desperately need the rain here.

Check for new replies or respond here...