inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Do you think the mid 2020s will suck?

Written By: Slim95 on 08/20/22 at 12:52 pm

I think it will.

Subject: Re: Do you think the mid 2020s will suck?

Written By: Howard on 08/20/22 at 1:35 pm

I don't think it will, I'm just hoping the next few years will get better.

Written By: batfan2005 on 08/20/22 at 3:35 pm

The way this decade is going I just think it will be a bunch of "2020's". It's best to expect for the worst while hoping for the best. Sometimes I think that we're living in the 7 year trial that the Bible mentioned which included a plague (COVID), wars and rumors of wars (Matthew 24:6-8; The Russian invasion of Ukraine and rumors of WW3), and other disasters which we've been seeing.

Written By: LooseBolt on 08/20/22 at 7:02 pm

I think it will.

I knew you’d say that, I didn’t even have to click into the thread.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 08/20/22 at 7:10 pm

I knew you’d say that, I didn’t even have to click into the thread.

Correct. There is a nihilistic streak displayed by some members with all the "suck" threads, which should probably go the way of the "shift" threads and decadology. But hey, if they feel that way they're gonna express it. It could be that they have existential anxiety.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 08/20/22 at 7:20 pm

The way this decade is going I just think it will be a bunch of "2020's". It's best to expect for the worst while hoping for the best.

That's actually a kind of nice way to put it, if one is of the "expect the worst" persuasion. Here's the cliche I hate,"an optimist expects the best and is constantly disappointed, whereas a pessimist expects the worst and is pleasantly surprised if things turn out well." Wrong! A pessimist is NOT "pleasantly surprised". They will see the worst anyway, whether things turn out good, bad or indifferent. It's the self-fulfilling prophecy or it's current counterpart "confirmation bias".

Subject: Do you think the mid 2020s will suck?

Written By: Dude111 on 08/20/22 at 10:59 pm

I think it will.

They already are and its only 22 :(

Written By: LooseBolt on 08/21/22 at 2:34 am

Correct. There is a nihilistic streak displayed by some members with all the "suck" threads, which should probably go the way of the "shift" threads and decadology. But hey, if they feel that way they're gonna express it. It could be that they have existential anxiety.

Oh totally, just like I’m gonna keep calling them out on it.

Written By: Howard on 08/21/22 at 3:10 am

The way this decade is going I just think it will be a bunch of "2020's". It's best to expect for the worst while hoping for the best. Sometimes I think that we're living in the 7 year trial that the Bible mentioned which included a plague (COVID), wars and rumors of wars (Matthew 24:6-8; The Russian invasion of Ukraine and rumors of WW3), and other disasters which we've been seeing.

What about what Nostradamus thinks? Do you ever read his predictions?

Written By: Slim95 on 08/21/22 at 11:16 pm

I think things will just get worse and worse this decade.

Written By: Howard on 08/22/22 at 3:11 am

Most likely more wars, fights, arguments, less gun and police protection, suicides, stabbings and out of control vehicles.

Written By: batfan2005 on 08/22/22 at 5:57 am

Most likely more wars, fights, arguments, less gun and police protection, suicides, stabbings and out of control vehicles.

And natural disasters, many of them climate change related. Possibly more viruses too.

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/22/22 at 10:38 am

Any year or decade is good when you are blessed with God's Gracious Gift of being alive.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 08/22/22 at 11:04 am

Any year or decade is good when you are blessed with God's Gracious Gift of being alive.

Love this!

"The Lord's Bright Blessing"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nLZlgb4x30

Written By: Howard on 08/22/22 at 1:52 pm

And natural disasters, many of them climate change related. Possibly more viruses too.

You kind of wonder when this virus will ever end?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/22/22 at 2:06 pm

I think it will.

You don't specify WHY you think it sucks or what sucks about it. You know instead of just saying, "This sucks! This year sucks! This decade sucks!" etc, etc. Why don't you DO SOMETHING about it.

Just a few ideas:

-Whatever issue that is important to you (gun violence, abortion rights, etc, etc) : Lobby your reps to pass legislation by making phone calls or write letters. Write letters to the editor of your local newspaper.

-Climate change/Enviormental: Recycle. Try to find alternative energy (bike instead of drive if you can, electric cars, heat exchanges, etc). Try to reduce your plastic use. Try to lower your carbon footprint. 

-Political atmosphere: VOTE! Campaign for the candidate of your choice. Run for office.

-Covid: Get vaccinated and boosted. Wear masks and encourage those around you to do the same. 

I know there are a lot of things beyond our control but there are many ways YOU can make a difference but nothing is going to change if you just sit there and say, "This sucks!." DO SOMETHING!

And we really don't need another "This sucks" thread. I think we have enough of those already. Thank you.

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/22/22 at 2:09 pm

Precisely what things?

Written By: Howard on 08/23/22 at 3:04 am

Precisely what things?

Maybe there will be more viruses.

Written By: Slim95 on 08/23/22 at 2:10 pm

Precisely what things?

Wars, food shortages, and plagues.

Written By: Howard on 08/23/22 at 2:27 pm

I think you're right about the plagues.

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/23/22 at 2:33 pm

When you say plagues, do you mean to say viruses for a plague is a disease that affects humans and other mammals. It is caused by the bacterium, Yersinia pestis. Humans usually get plague after being bitten by a rodent flea that is carrying the plague bacterium or by handling an animal infected with plague?

Written By: batfan2005 on 08/23/22 at 3:44 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if we had WW3, Great Depression 2, and Civil War 2 over the next few years.

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/23/22 at 4:00 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if we had WW3, Great Depression 2, and Civil War 2 over the next few years.
Plus the return of the Bubonic Plague?

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 08/23/22 at 4:30 pm

The Bubonic Plague never completely went away. But today it is easily treatable with antibiotics and is seldom fatal.

Written By: Howard on 08/24/22 at 3:22 am

Is that the plague where some guys wore those masks with the beaks?

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/24/22 at 11:24 am

Is that the plague where some guys wore those masks with the beaks?

In 17th-century Europe, the physicians who tended to plague victims wore a costume that has since taken on sinister overtones: they covered themselves head to toe and wore a mask with a long bird-like beak. The reason behind the beaked plague masks was a misconception about the very nature of the dangerous disease.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/24/22 at 2:01 pm

In 17th-century Europe, the physicians who tended to plague victims wore a costume that has since taken on sinister overtones: they covered themselves head to toe and wore a mask with a long bird-like beak. The reason behind the beaked plague masks was a misconception about the very nature of the dangerous disease.

And then they bled patients which made them worse.

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/24/22 at 2:02 pm

And then they bled patients which made them worse.

Cat
Did they use leeches back then? For leeches suck the blood, for microsurgery, plastic and reconstructive surgery, cardiovascular disease and dermatology. Leeches are worm-like organisms which are applied to the wound area where their blood sucking action is used to increase circulation, improve blood flow and speed healing.

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/25/22 at 4:50 am

Plus the return of the seven Biblical Plague?

Written By: Elor on 08/25/22 at 7:41 am

To my knowledge the beaks were also filled with herbs that should protect the wearer from the plague.

Did they use leeches back then?

To my knowledge they cut the veins of their patients open to drain the blood. But I'm not sure. Anyway unless one tries to heal high blood pressure I see little benefit of that procedure.

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/25/22 at 7:47 am

To my knowledge the beaks were also filled with herbs that should protect the wearer from the plague.
Thank you.

Now you mentioned it is my belief too.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 08/25/22 at 8:57 am

It was essentially an early form of a gas mask.

Written By: Elor on 08/25/22 at 12:16 pm

It was essentially an early form of a gas mask.
Didn't really work though. :-X

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 08/25/22 at 12:50 pm

Didn't really work though. :-X

It didn't work because the premise was wrong. They thought the people with the plague emitted something into the air around them that could be breathed in, so these early doctors fashioned a mask with a beak filled with flowers, herbs, etc. so they would not breathe any of this supposedly toxic air.  The long coats they wore were coated in wax. I gather that was supposed to protect them. You gotta give these guys credit, they figured they were armed with the latest technology.

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/25/22 at 1:24 pm

It didn't work because the premise was wrong. They thought the people with the plague emitted something into the air around them that could be breathed in, so these early doctors fashioned a mask with a beak filled with flowers, herbs, etc. so they would not breathe any of this supposedly toxic air.  The long coats they wore were coated in wax. I gather that was supposed to protect them. You gotta give these guys credit, they figured they were armed with the latest technology.
Back at the time when the Covid-19 pandemic was starting, there was this discussion between scientists and experts on the effects of lockdown in stopping the spread of the virus. It was stated that one town in England during the medieval times with the Black Death and Dubonic Plague, closed the bridges and tollgates that gave access to the town, stopping people going in and out, and all in all it worked, those in the town centre were still healthy. So back then, many years ago, it worked. The only thing about this, I  cannot remember the precise town, unless it was Oxford.

Written By: Howard on 08/25/22 at 2:48 pm

Plus the return of the seven Biblical Plague?

What was that? And why 7?  ???

Written By: Howard on 08/25/22 at 2:49 pm

To my knowledge they cut the veins of their patients open to drain the blood. But I'm not sure. Anyway unless one tries to heal high blood pressure I see little benefit of that procedure.

Can you find these herbs around your house?

Written By: Howard on 08/25/22 at 2:51 pm

What about wearing these coats and beaks in this day and age?

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/25/22 at 2:53 pm

What was that? And why 7?  ???
The Plagues of Egypt, in the account of the book of Exodus, are ten disasters inflicted on Biblical Egypt by the God of Israel in order to convince the Pharaoh to allow the Israelites to depart from slavery, each of them confronting Pharaoh and one of his Egyptian gods; they serve as "signs and marvels" given by God to answer Pharaoh's taunt that he does not know Yahweh: "The Egyptians shall know that I am the LORD"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plagues_of_Egypt

Written By: Slim95 on 08/25/22 at 9:00 pm

Back at the time when the Covid-19 pandemic was starting, there was this discussion between scientists and experts on the effects of lockdown in stopping the spread of the virus. It was stated that one town in England during the medieval times with the Black Death and Dubonic Plague, closed the bridges and tollgates that gave access to the town, stopping people going in and out, and all in all it worked, those in the town centre were still healthy. So back then, many years ago, it worked. The only thing about this, I  cannot remember the precise town, unless it was Oxford.

The difference is today, they are locking people down to take their rights and freedoms away, not protect them...

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 08/25/22 at 9:31 pm

The difference is today, they are locking people down to take their rights and freedoms away, not protect them...

Can you be a little more specific as to whom "they" are who are removing rights and freedoms? The government? The right? The left?  Outside forces? It may indeed be happening, but don't reduce it to a nebulous concept of "they". And how do they benefit from removing said rights and freedoms?

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/26/22 at 12:47 am

Being a vulnerable person I had to safe during the lockdowns, but I never had my rights and freedoms away.

Written By: Howard on 08/26/22 at 3:08 am

That's the wrong way.

Written By: 80sfan on 08/28/22 at 11:57 am

I actually think that the mid-2020's will be even better than the first half of the 2020's. Just my opinion.

Written By: Howard on 08/28/22 at 2:14 pm

I actually think that the mid-2020's will be even better than the first half of the 2020's. Just my opinion.

So far within the 2 years we had to deal with The Coronavirus, wars, mass shootings, The departure of Governor Cuomo, monkeypox, Hochul and and Eric Adams just to name a few. (you can add more if you'd like)

Written By: batfan2005 on 08/28/22 at 2:16 pm

Not to be difficult here but the mid-2020's will include a good part of the first half of the 2020's. Did you by chance mean the first third of the 2020's?

Written By: 80sfan on 08/28/22 at 2:35 pm

Not to be difficult here but the mid-2020's will include a good part of the first half of the 2020's. Did you by chance mean the first third of the 2020's?

Heehee, I was in my own world. I feel like this decade will be more like the 1940's and 1960's, split in half.

1940 to 1945 was worlds away from 1945 to 1949.
1960 to 1964 was pretty much very '50's' and 1965 to 1969 was a different world. I'm not going by astrology but my gut. You could say it's more 1960 to 1963, then 1964 to 1969.

2020 to 2024 (especially 2020 to 2022) will be the Covid concentrated years, and 2025 and after brighter and maybe lighter.

Written By: batfan2005 on 08/28/22 at 4:22 pm

Heehee, I was in my own world. I feel like this decade will be more like the 1940's and 1960's, split in half.

1940 to 1945 was worlds away from 1945 to 1949.
1960 to 1964 was pretty much very '50's' and 1965 to 1969 was a different world. I'm not going by astrology but my gut. You could say it's more 1960 to 1963, then 1964 to 1969.

2020 to 2024 (especially 2020 to 2022) will be the Covid concentrated years, and 2025 and after brighter and maybe lighter.

I see, that makes more sense. Btw, I thought the 2000's were split in halves culturally because the two GWB terms, although I can't say the same for the 1980's with Reagan's two terms.

But anyhow it's anyone's guess how this decade is going to play out. No one even in January or February of 2020 could forsee how the next few years were going to be like. The way COVID has dropped off from most people's radar even though it's still around, I'm not sure if 2023 and 2024 will be COVID concentrated at all.

Written By: 80sfan on 08/28/22 at 4:28 pm

I see, that makes more sense. Btw, I thought the 2000's were split in halves culturally because the two GWB terms, although I can't say the same for the 1980's with Reagan's two terms.

But anyhow it's anyone's guess how this decade is going to play out. No one even in January or February of 2020 could forsee how the next few years were going to be like. The way COVID has dropped off from most people's radar even though it's still around, I'm not sure if 2023 and 2024 will be COVID concentrated at all.

I don't know the majority opinion on this site.
But, the 00's for me was.

2000 to 2002, 2003 to 2007, 2008 and 2009. More specifically 2000 to early 2003 (Iraq changed this), early 2003 to 2007, 2008 and 2009 (Lady Gaga played a chunk in this change along with the late 2007 to 2011 Economic Depression).

Written By: batfan2005 on 08/28/22 at 4:49 pm

I don't know the majority opinion on this site.
But, the 00's for me was.

2000 to 2002, 2003 to 2007, 2008 and 2009. More specifically 2000 to early 2003 (Iraq changed this), early 2003 to 2007, 2008 and 2009 (Lady Gaga played a chunk in this change along with the late 2007 to 2011 Economic Depression).

On this site, most people's opinion was 2001-2005, and then 2006 happened which was the biggest shift in the history of the universe.

Written By: Howard on 08/29/22 at 3:20 am

I sure hope not.

Written By: 80sfan on 08/29/22 at 5:49 pm

I do think that 2023 will feel different from 2020 to 2022.  8)

Written By: Slim95 on 08/29/22 at 11:11 pm

I do think that 2023 will feel different from 2020 to 2022.  8)

Oh for sure.

Written By: batfan2005 on 08/31/22 at 10:27 am

The mid 2020's might have an economic recession as economists are forecasting, at least 2023 if not also '24.

Written By: Howard on 08/31/22 at 3:00 pm

The mid 2020's might have an economic recession as economists are forecasting, at least 2023 if not also '24.

I wonder what will happen with the seasons during the mid 2020's?

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/31/22 at 3:02 pm

I wonder what will happen with the seasons during the mid 2020's?
All the seasons will merge into one.

Written By: batfan2005 on 10/17/22 at 6:26 am

I predict that we'll be in a recession for a good part of the Mid-2020's, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's going to suck as I enjoyed the 2008-2012 period.

Written By: Howard on 10/17/22 at 6:45 am

I don't think it will suck, as I see in the news every day there will most likely more police presence at every place you see especially at bus stops and train stops, I also see an increase in shootings and stabbings.

Written By: LyricBoy on 10/17/22 at 7:12 am

What happened to Slim95? ???

Written By: batfan2005 on 10/17/22 at 8:18 am

Not sure exactly other than he's no longer a member, so either he got banned or deactivated his membership on his own.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/17/22 at 1:58 pm

He self-deleted because I gave him a warning about spamming the boards with too many "This sucks" threads.

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/17/22 at 2:15 pm

After 3 July 2021, in the UK you must not supply drinks products with single-use plastic straws attached to the packaging. A single-use plastic: straw is made wholly or partly from plastic and is not designed or intended to be reused.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/straws-cotton-buds-and-drink-stirrers-ban-rules-for-businesses-in-england

Written By: batfan2005 on 10/17/22 at 2:18 pm

He self-deleted because I gave him a warning about spamming the boards with too many "This sucks" threads.

Cat

I couldn't help but having a "deja vu" moment of the time when a former member got banned for too much decadeology threads, only he continued to do it even after he got warned by Chucky.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 10/17/22 at 2:26 pm

Cat

If you're missing his contributions, he just posted one over on that other site (rhymes with "topmedia").  "This decade sucks. It's a terrible decade".  So his work continues.  This type of comment doesn't even offer food for discussion. He just repeats himself over and over with that one thing. It's basically trolling. That's what Cat means by "spamming the boards". And it invites copycat threads as well, as you know.

Written By: batfan2005 on 10/17/22 at 3:08 pm

If you're missing his contributions, he just posted one over on that other site (rhymes with "topmedia").  "This decade sucks. It's a terrible decade".  So his work continues.  This type of comment doesn't even offer food for discussion. He just repeats himself over and over with that one thing. It's basically trolling. That's what Cat means by "spamming the boards". And it invites copycat threads as well, as you know.

It's one thing to create one thread where you can vent but it's understandable that creating multiple threads about the same thing is annoying and be considered spam/trolling. Why not just add on to the already existing thread? It can potentially be done about any topic.

Written By: batfan2005 on 10/17/22 at 3:47 pm

So here's the very first thread about the subject in case anyone wants to add to it or read it for entertainment purposes. The funny thing is it was created on January 1, 2020 (and not by Slim surprisingly). Many of the early posts didn't age well, lol.

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=60700.0

Written By: LyricBoy on 10/17/22 at 4:10 pm

Unfortunately I cannot view posts at topmedia. A year or two ago, I registered as a user and was immediately banned and IP-blocked before I could even make one post.  :o

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/17/22 at 5:14 pm

So here's the very first thread about the subject in case anyone wants to add to it or read it for entertainment purposes. The funny thing is it was created on January 1, 2020 (and not by Slim surprisingly). Many of the early posts didn't age well, lol.

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=60700.0

That one was started as a joke.

Cat

Written By: batfan2005 on 10/17/22 at 8:11 pm

That one was started as a joke.

Cat

Yeah, I got that. I was going to edit my post and say that just to make sure no one thought I took it seriously. Of course in March a few pages into the thread it got serious while people were joking with the OP saying he jinxed it.

Written By: Howard on 10/18/22 at 3:04 am

It's one thing to create one thread where you can vent but it's understandable that creating multiple threads about the same thing is annoying and be considered spam/trolling. Why not just add on to the already existing thread? It can potentially be done about any topic.

He must've had a terrible year to create a lot of multiple threads.

Written By: batfan2005 on 10/18/22 at 9:21 am

He must've had a terrible year to create a lot of multiple threads.

He said he was having a great year this year, with his new job and less restrictions in Canada.

I created a thread for this year to vent when the war in Ukraine first started (which is getting bad again), but then created a separate thread focused on that. Then added more US news events to that thread and then got accused of "wallowing in disaster porn" so I created a separate thread for news events (all types, good or bad, major or minor). Then I created a thread asking how's this year is going with the scale of 1 to 5 vote (from terrible to great).

Anyhow, it seems like apparently you're not allowed to complain about 2022 no matter what you're going through since everyone else is having a great year, so you have to smile and be happy like everyone else. Back in 2020 you weren't allowed to be happy even if things were going good for you and you weren't directly affected by COVID, or else you were considered selfish and don't care about the many that died from the virus. Free speech and individual thinking have been outlawed.

Written By: Don Carlos on 10/18/22 at 10:49 am

He said he was having a great year this year, with his new job and less restrictions in Canada.

I created a thread for this year to vent when the war in Ukraine first started (which is getting bad again), but then created a separate thread focused on that. Then added more US news events to that thread and then got accused of "wallowing in disaster porn" so I created a separate thread for news events (all types, good or bad, major or minor). Then I created a thread asking how's this year is going with the scale of 1 to 5 vote (from terrible to great).

Anyhow, it seems like apparently you're not allowed to complain about 2022 no matter what you're going through since everyone else is having a great year, so you have to smile and be happy like everyone else. Back in 2020 you weren't allowed to be happy even if things were going good for you and you weren't directly affected by COVID, or else you were considered selfish and don't care about the many that died from the virus. Free speech and individual thinking have been outlawed.

What?  Are we participating on the same message board?

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 10/18/22 at 11:30 am

What? These are convoluted generalizations. "You're not allowed to complain about 2022 ", " Back in 2020 you weren't allowed to be happy". As if it just toggles back and forth in such a black and white manner. Who thinks in such absolutist, black and white, either/or terms?

Anyhow, it seems like apparently you're not allowed to complain about 2022 no matter what you're going through since everyone else is having a great year, so you have to smile and be happy like everyone else. 

Generalizations again.  If one wants to discuss the trials and tribulations of one's current personal life, one is absolutely free to do so here, and there is no shortage of people willing to chime in with a constructive, helpful thought. But starting a thread immaturely called "2022 Sucks" or "the 2020s suck" is not the way to go about it. If you can't see how that leads to something else besides one's personal trials and tribulations then there is a problem. Somewhere along the way this "(enter time period here) sucks" became a catchall thing here, and it is very lazy.

Free speech and individual thinking have been outlawed.

There have most assuredly been attacks on free speech and individual thought in today's society, what with cancel culture, etc, and I am the first to scream about it. It drives me crazy. I hate it. Groupthink has largely taken over. But none of the things you have cited here are legitimate attacks on "free speech" or "individual thought".

Written By: batfan2005 on 10/18/22 at 1:16 pm

What? These are convoluted generalizations. "You're not allowed to complain about 2022 ", " Back in 2020 you weren't allowed to be happy". As if it just toggles back and forth in such a black and white manner. Who thinks in such absolutist, black and white, either/or terms?

Generalizations again.  If one wants to discuss the trials and tribulations of one's current personal life, one is absolutely free to do so here, and there is no shortage of people willing to chime in with a constructive, helpful thought. But starting a thread immaturely called "2022 Sucks" or "the 2020s suck" is not the way to go about it. If you can't see how that leads to something else besides one's personal trials and tribulations then there is a problem. Somewhere along the way this "(enter time period here) sucks" became a catchall thing here, and it is very lazy.

There have most assuredly been attacks on free speech and individual thought in today's society, what with cancel culture, etc, and I am the first to scream about it. It drives me crazy. I hate it. Groupthink has largely taken over. But none of the things you have cited here are legitimate attacks on "free speech" or "individual thought".

I had a feeling you would miss where I wrote "it seems like" and "apparently", hence I'm not speaking in absolute/truthish terms but rather my personal perception. I have gotten that vibe from you to not complain and transcend while going through the tough times, mostly due to things I have no control over. I'm not trying to be nihilistic (still haven't fully grasped what that means).

I think because the new decade just happened to start off the way it did in just the third month so that set the tone and with the multiple threads of "2020 sucks, the 2020's suck, the early 2020's suck, and so on". In 2022, there's been so many trials in my personal life mainly with my family so I don't get to share the same sentiment of returning to pre-COVID times with less restrictions, more traveling and getting to enjoy the things we used to, etc.

I hate groupthink on both sides of the political spectrum, as that's what the "groups" are centered around, whether it's the PC cancel/woke culture or the pro-Trump MAGA/Qanon culture that believes if you don't think like them you are unsaved and will spend eternity in Hell. That's why I don't identify as either liberal or conservative. I'm also not on Facebook anymore because it's all groupthink, reposting rather than posting your opinions, get banned if you don't conform to the "community standards".

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/18/22 at 1:30 pm

We have got plenty of threads to complain in.

This one was set up just for that purpose: http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=35513.0

The issue I have is when people spam the boards with similar threads and it doesn't matter what the topic is-which is against the rules. That was the reason why I gave slim a warning.

Cat

Written By: batfan2005 on 10/18/22 at 1:39 pm

We have got plenty of threads to complain in.

This one was set up just for that purpose: http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=35513.0

The issue I have is when people spam the boards with similar threads and it doesn't matter what the topic is-which is against the rules. That was the reason why I gave slim a warning.

Cat

I forgot all about the Penguin boards. I've never really been on there so I just forgot they exist, while I've been on the other child boards like the Politics, Sports Zone, Celebrity Heaven, etc. Yeah, I can see how multiple threads about the same thing are annoying. It was either that or how COVID changed the culture in 2020. I can't even count how many of those he started, lol

Written By: Howard on 10/18/22 at 3:56 pm

So what was his gripe? ???

Written By: LyricBoy on 10/18/22 at 5:12 pm

If you do a Google search for the term “The 2020s Suck” you get a cornucopia of results. So it’s not just people here at InThe00s that have pondered the virtue or vice of the decade.

https://www.google.com/search?q=%22the+2020s+suck%22

Check for new replies or respond here...