inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Old Things Always Come Back

Written By: LyricBoy on 09/19/22 at 7:12 pm

…and in this case, it’s syphilis. 8-P

https://nypost.com/2022/09/19/std-epidemic-in-us-is-out-of-control-warn-experts-cdc/

The Centers for Disease Control reports that cases of syph are up by 26% year over year :o, and that last year had the highest number of new cases since 1948.  :o

Subject: Re: Old Things Always Come Back

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/20/22 at 7:03 am

What do you get when you fall in love?

S-g2RCdk8nI

Written By: Don Carlos on 09/20/22 at 9:30 am

I'll bet there's a correlation between the decline of sex ed in schools and the increase in syphilis 

Written By: Elor on 09/20/22 at 10:13 am

Isn't polio making a comeback too?
Hope the anti vaxx crowd is happy now.

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/20/22 at 10:37 am

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2022/sep/13/polio-comeback-autism-vaccination

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/20/22 at 2:23 pm

Every time I am VERY hesitant about getting another vax, I tell people that I am NOT anti-vaxx-just anti-needle.  :-\\  Yeah, I don't do needles very well.

Cat

Written By: Slim95 on 09/20/22 at 2:26 pm

Every time I am VERY hesitant about getting another vax, I tell people that I am NOT anti-vaxx-just anti-needle.  :-\\  Yeah, I don't do needles very well.

Cat

I'm never getting even the first one.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/20/22 at 3:23 pm

First one what? Polio vax?

Cat

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 09/20/22 at 3:38 pm

I suspect you already had it. Children are generally administered a polio vaccination shortly after birth. That's what used to happen, anyway.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/20/22 at 3:58 pm

I suspect you already had it. Children are generally administered a polio vaccination shortly after birth. That's what used to happen, anyway.

I got so many vaccines I have no idea what I got. First, my grandfather was a doctor so he gave me all my childhood vaccines. I also remember (after my grandfather died), going to a church with all these kids lined up and nuns giving everyone shots. I'm sure it was for Rubella but I could be wrong. Then, when I went into the AF, I remember the first week of basic, you stood in a line and they shot you with a needle gun in the arm. You walk about two feet and they shot you again. Then you walked another 2 feet and they got you a third time. It was BOOM, BOOM, BOOM! Yeah, I didn't handle that too well, but I got through it. They also got me with more shots toward the end of basic. Then I had more shots when I went overseas. My shot records read like the Encyclopedia Britannica. 

Cat

Written By: LyricBoy on 09/20/22 at 6:12 pm

Cat

I got the shingles vax a few months ago, and it made me sick as a dog for two days.

Written By: Howard on 09/21/22 at 7:05 am

I remember getting roseola when I was a kid growing up.

Written By: LyricBoy on 09/21/22 at 11:52 am

I remember getting roseola when I was a kid growing up.

Is that as bad as syphilis? ???

Written By: Howard on 09/21/22 at 2:17 pm

Is that as bad as syphilis? ???

A common viral infection in young children that may cause high fever and a rash.
Roseola is a generally mild infection caused by two strains of herpes virus. It's common, usually affecting children by age two. It occasionally affects adults.
Symptoms include several days of high fever, followed by a rash. The rash may appear as many small pink spots.
Treatment includes bed rest, fluids, and medications to reduce fever.

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/22/22 at 6:00 am

For all out there the polio vaccine has been available since ;

Jonas Salk tested his experimental killed-virus vaccine on himself and his family in 1953, and a year later on 1.6 million children in Canada, Finland and the USA. The results were announced on 12 April 1955, and Salk's inactivated polio vaccine (IPV) was licensed on the same day.

I had mine when I was very young.

Written By: Howard on 09/22/22 at 1:34 pm

For all out there the polio vaccine has been available since ;

Jonas Salk tested his experimental killed-virus vaccine on himself and his family in 1953, and a year later on 1.6 million children in Canada, Finland and the USA. The results were announced on 12 April 1955, and Salk's inactivated polio vaccine (IPV) was licensed on the same day.

I had mine when I was very young.

I never had polio but I did have roseola back in 1977.

Check for new replies or respond here...