inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Cher Robs the Cradle…

Written By: LyricBoy on 11/07/22 at 6:22 pm

Legendary songbird Cher is stepping out with a dude 40 years younger than her, and she don’t care what you think about it.  :P

https://jezebel.com/cher-shuts-down-critics-of-40-year-age-gap-with-new-boy-1849752883

Considering that her daughter Chastity Bono is 53 years old, Cher partying with a 36 year old is certainly pushing the envelope.  :P

Subject: Re: Cher Robs the Cradle…

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/07/22 at 6:34 pm

Legendary songbird Cher is stepping out with a dude 40 years younger than her, and she don’t care what you think about it.  :P

https://jezebel.com/cher-shuts-down-critics-of-40-year-age-gap-with-new-boy-1849752883

Considering that her daughter Chastity Bono is 53 years old, Cher partying with a 36 year old is certainly pushing the envelope.  :P

I don't think this is the first time she has done that. But, if the guy (or woman) is a consenting adult, who cares. That is their business.

Cat

Written By: LyricBoy on 11/07/22 at 6:50 pm

I don't think this is the first time she has done that.

I do think this is a record for Cher though.

My Dad had a cousin LyricBabe, who married a dude 29 years older than her, who had a son older than her. One day my Dad decided to take his new bride to visit the cousin and they had a nice sit-down. When Mom and Dad got back into their car, my Mum asked Dad “who’s the old guy?” When Dad said “that’s LyricBabe’s husband”, Mom didn’t believe him.

Now turn the calendar ahead MANY decades. A couple of years ago I was talking with LyricBabe’s twin granddaughters who are now 29 years old. I had to draw a diagram to explain to them how it is that their grandfather was born in 1881. Yeah, the generations in the LyricClan are, let’s say, distorted. (I have a first cousin who would be 101 years old if she were still alive).

Side note, my personal record is dating a gal who was 21 years younger than me. Better yet she was my boss’ daughter. Yeah, I live dangerously on occasion.  ;D

Written By: Contigo on 11/07/22 at 10:23 pm

I don't think this is the first time she has done that. But, if the guy (or woman) is a consenting adult, who cares. That is their business.

Cat

I agree wholeheartedly.

Written By: Howard on 11/08/22 at 2:53 am

Maybe she likes younger men, She definitely wants a boy toy.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/08/22 at 2:58 am

Brings a new meaning to her song "I've Got You Babe"?

Written By: Don Carlos on 11/08/22 at 9:38 am

The age difference between Cat and me is ... a few years, so how come we don't get written up by the press?

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/08/22 at 11:12 am

The age difference between Cat and me is ... a few years, so how come we don't get written up by the press?
Wait till the local press hears this?  ;D

Written By: Elor on 11/08/22 at 11:28 am

That can be frequently seen the other way round. Then the guy is known as a sugar daddy. ;)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/08/22 at 2:08 pm

17 years, My Love.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 11/08/22 at 3:46 pm

Maybe you're not as popular as Cher is?

Written By: LyricBoy on 11/08/22 at 5:11 pm

17 years, My Love.

Cat

Wow, you really robbed the cradle Cat.  ;)

Written By: Don Carlos on 11/09/22 at 11:33 am

Wow, you really robbed the cradle Cat.  ;)

Um, no, I'm the elder in this relationship

Written By: whistledog on 11/13/22 at 2:27 am

Cher looks pretty good these days.  If I was in that guy's shoes, I'd be shouting from rooftops lol

Written By: Howard on 11/13/22 at 2:59 am

Cher looks pretty good these days.  If I was in that guy's shoes, I'd be shouting from rooftops lol

https://footwearnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/11/CHER.jpg?w=700&h=437&crop=1
She sure does.

Check for new replies or respond here...