inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: ‘Time-travelling soldier‘ Predicts End of the World in 2036 Via Computer Virus

Written By: LyricBoy on 11/28/22 at 6:15 pm

A SO-CALLED time travelling soldier from the year 2036 has warned the world will be dramatically wiped out by a computer virus. :o

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/20469093/time-travelling-soldier-year-2036-computer-virus/

However many of his predictions for 2005 and 2015 never panned out.  ;D

Subject: Re: ‘Time-travelling soldier‘ Predicts End of the World in 2036 Via Computer Virus

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/28/22 at 6:26 pm

A SO-CALLED time travelling soldier from the year 2036 has warned the world will be dramatically wiped out by a computer virus. :o

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/20469093/time-travelling-soldier-year-2036-computer-virus/

Did you read the name of the soldier?

Subject: Re: ‘Time-travelling soldier‘ Predicts End of the World in 2036 Via Computer Virus

Written By: LyricBoy on 11/29/22 at 12:12 am

Did you read the name of the soldier?

Can’t say that I did. I’m sort of a speed reader like Evelyn Wood.

Written By: Howard on 11/29/22 at 3:02 am

How is he from the year 2036 when that year isn't for another 15 more years?

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/29/22 at 4:49 am

He's a time traveller!

Written By: Howard on 11/29/22 at 3:32 pm

He's a time traveller!

That's all film and television, there's no way anyone can travel into time.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/30/22 at 12:20 pm

That's all film and television, there's no way anyone can travel into time.
Also in books and according to Stephen Hawking, time travel is possible, and not just in the way we might think. Backward time travel is not supported by Hawking's theories, because new matter (a new you) would need to be created – one existing in the past and one in the present, traveling back in time.

Written By: Howard on 11/30/22 at 1:23 pm

Also in books and according to Stephen Hawking, time travel is possible, and not just in the way we might think. Backward time travel is not supported by Hawking's theories, because new matter (a new you) would need to be created – one existing in the past and one in the present, traveling back in time.

I would like to time travel myself.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/30/22 at 1:38 pm

I would like to time travel myself.
Time travelling can be easy to do, I have done it myself, I have gone 8 hours ahead of time or even 5 or 8 hours behind time.

Written By: batfan2005 on 11/30/22 at 2:29 pm

Time travelling can be easy to do, I have done it myself, I have gone 8 hours ahead of time or even 5 or 8 hours behind time.

I've actually traveled a day forward and a day backward, whenever I traveled to Japan and back. That's why they are so technologically advanced, they are in the future! Lol

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/30/22 at 2:49 pm

I've actually traveled a day forward and a day backward...
Phileas Fogg comes to mind here?

Written By: batfan2005 on 11/30/22 at 3:10 pm

Phileas Fogg comes to mind here?

There's also a Beavis and Butthead episode (from the new season this year) when they thought they could travel through time by walking back and forth across the Texas/New Mexico state line.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/30/22 at 3:35 pm

It's something to do with the space-time continuum.

Written By: batfan2005 on 11/30/22 at 3:38 pm

All you need is a flux capacitor, lol

Written By: Ripley on 11/30/22 at 4:12 pm

There's also a Beavis and Butthead episode (from the new season this year) when they thought they could travel through time by walking back and forth across the Texas/New Mexico state line.

I literally just watched this!  :D

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 11/30/22 at 7:59 pm

Back in the 1990's, my younger brother and I did our own version of time-traveling. My brother bought a 1966 Pontiac Tempest that had 30,000 original miles on it. It was in such good condition that it looked nearly brand new yet it was a really basic model, the only options being a V8 engine and an AM radio.

Around that time there was an AM radio station out of Lincoln called KMEM that played "memory music," which was old-time hit music from the 1940's to early 1960's. Also this was when my brother and I smoked weed on a regular basis, so one of us came up with the idea that we should smoke some weed at about 11 pm and then go drive around on the pitch dark rural Nebraska roads, tune the radio to KMEM, and pretend that it was 1966. And it actually kind of worked.

It was all fun until a couple of Lancaster County Sheriff's deputies pulled us over because we pulled into some park and left right away and they were wondering what we were up to, but they let us off with a warning. But it scared us enough to stop doing it anymore.  ;D

Written By: Howard on 12/01/22 at 3:04 am

How is that even possible?  ???

Written By: Howard on 12/01/22 at 3:05 am

And that car that Marty used to ride in Back To The Future?

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/01/22 at 11:17 am

I've actually traveled a day forward and a day backward, whenever I traveled to Japan and back. That's why they are so technologically advanced, they are in the future! Lol

Think about it...

Written By: Howard on 12/01/22 at 3:29 pm

Think about it...

I would like to see myself when I was growing up OR I can just see myself as an old man.

Written By: Elor on 12/02/22 at 2:49 am

I would like to see myself when I was growing up OR I can just see myself as an old man.

Japan is in a different timezone than the US. That's why you may arrive at a different date when traveling there.

Written By: Howard on 12/02/22 at 3:27 am

Japan is in a different timezone than the US. That's why you may arrive at a different date when traveling there.

I think that's because it's a different time zone.

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/02/22 at 4:29 am

Think John Denver?

Check for new replies or respond here...