inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Back Street Boys: Cancelled

Written By: LyricBoy on 12/10/22 at 8:35 am

Looks like the backlash has begun against The Backstreet Boys after accusations have been filed against BSB member Nick Carter.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/12/09/entertainment/nick-carter-rape-suit/index.html

A former fan has accused Mr. Carter of having served her “VIP Juice” (a.k.a. “Giving her the Bill Cosby”) and assaulted her when they both were 17 in 2001 and also infected her with HPV 8-P.

Due to the controversy, ABC has cancelled a BSB special that was scheduled to air over the Christmas holidays.  :(

Subject: Re: Back Street Boys: Cancelled

Written By: LooseBolt on 12/10/22 at 9:15 am

I’m not surprised. Before his death, Aaron Carter was saying his brother was abusive and someone needed to take him down.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 12/10/22 at 9:17 am

They probably should have been cancelled anyway just for being old hat.  ;D  ;D    ;D

Written By: Ripley on 12/11/22 at 11:20 pm

As a former fan, I have read all kinds of things about him and the others. This was back in 2012. As far as the accusations go, this is far from the first one, that was years back.

Written By: whistledog on 12/12/22 at 7:13 am

Why do these accusers wait so long to make these accusations?

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 12/18/22 at 3:45 am

I don't believe this woman and Nick was 21 in 2001, not 17.

For example, this woman said that Nick lead her on board the guy's tour bus and said that he did that but how is that possible when there's security around the tour bus?

Another example is that this woman said that Nick did this and then she changed her story one too many times.

Another example is she said that there was an autograph line.  Several witnesses were at the show in question and said that there wasn't an autograph line.

IDK WTF is going on here but her lawyer sounds like he's a shyster.  Nobody knows if this woman's version of events is what actually happened and yet they're willing to shut Nick down without ever hearing his side of the story.  Her story seems rather suspicious.

Written By: LooseBolt on 12/18/22 at 3:44 pm

I believe her.

Subject: Back Street Boys: Cancelled

Written By: Dude111 on 12/19/22 at 10:10 am

Who knows what to believe.... If someone can say something WITH NO PROOF and someone believes it,thats pretty scary!!

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 12/19/22 at 12:41 pm

I believe her.

I prefer to get all of the facts first, and by facts, I mean Nick's side of the story, instead of jumping to any premature conclusions because this story seems to be a bit one-sided. 

Who knows what to believe... If someone can say something WITH NO PROOF and someone believes it, that's pretty scary!!

That's what I was thinking. Because we don't know who's telling the truth and who's lying because we don't know Nick's side of the story?

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 02/03/23 at 6:38 pm

Well, now Nick is countersuing his accuser saying that her parents and her lawyer encouraged her behaviour and that the Backstreet Boys lost money because of her.  He also claimed that she and her lawyer exploited his brother Aaron just before he died.

https://www.goodmorningamerica.com/culture/story/nick-carter-countersues-sexual-assault-accusers-alleges-conspiracy-96884604

Check for new replies or respond here...