inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Thoughts on "artificial intelligence" or (AI) in the 2020s and beyound

Written By: r/crazy on 01/11/23 at 3:09 pm

I wanted to know you all's thoughts on artificial intelligence and the increasing integration in our daily life’s a few months ago I was watching a video from my favorite youtuber who was talking about AI Art taking first place in an art contest in the news (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9hlfc16qg0) which the media raised concern’s about it “taking away” creativity in the art space and “cheating”, and it got me thinking since AI is be introduced heavily in our life as this centuries goes on how will it affect you in your daily life personally? (if you choose to adopt it) Don’t get me wrong I don’t mind AI in Some situations it can be useful such as recommending similar products on amazon/other-ecommerae sites, GBoard/Predicative Text or Siri suggestions (if you use iOS (https://support.apple.com/guide/iphone/about-siri-suggestions-iph6f94af287/ios) I get you need to "feed” the machine to output accurate data but I more concered  about in things like it replacing human interaction or companies forcing you to use their biased facial regingtion AI (for whatever reason) system to ban people/discrimatite (or worse) for something they did years ago. Also, do you use “smart” speakers, RING or any other “Smart” AI at home and do you find it useful, are you omptimizic (again, bad speller, dammmit) about the future of AI becoming more of a tool (like phones/personal computers) and not something to “abuse” or replace someone else with. I predict by the end of this decade AI will be like the smartphone market in the late 00’s/early 2010s some big tech company (apple,google, etc.) will come up with something “revolutionary” and then BAM every single company in the world makes an AI product/service and it will become more "human” like. I hope they become for “regulated” in the future but who knows, what are you thoughts on AI, as far as I know this hasn’t been discussed on the 2020s section (I think) and I seen some of the people on here are in the 40s/50s so it will be nice to get a perspective from the older folks on here since they experienced More things in life and some older people on this forum have excellent knowledge on recent decades.

Subject: Re: Thoughts on "artificial intelligence" or (AI) in the 2020s and beyound

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/11/23 at 5:15 pm

What is being pitched out there as ‘artificial intelligence” is no such thing. It is pattern recognition.

Every software vendor thinks that if they gussy up their product as “artificial intelligence’ it will impress prospective customer. But it NOT intelligence.

Subject: Re: Thoughts on "artificial intelligence" or (AI) in the 2020s and beyound

Written By: r/crazy on 01/11/23 at 11:20 pm

What is being pitched out there as ‘artificial intelligence” is no such thing. It is pattern recognition.

Every software vendor thinks that if they gussy up their product as “artificial intelligence’ it will impress prospective customer. But it NOT intelligence.

very good point, I guess it's big tech's way of "dumbing down" society and like you said to "sell" a product with buzz words. From what I heard in the 90s and before, it was called pattern recognition and if you noticed older videos games/computer system never called it "AI" it's called the CPU or computer, in which it picks up "pattern's" based on human behavior and depending on the situation/programmer the computer responses in a "positive", "negative" or "neutral" way without the initial human  input from either side and then becomes null, now I understand the meaning "the computer does what you tell it". I guess (kind of) understand fully and less "paranoid" about so-called "AI".

TLDR: Same Crap, Different Name

Written By: Howard on 01/12/23 at 7:00 am

How about that "AI" robot that appeared on one of those late night talk shows couple years ago?

Check for new replies or respond here...