inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Bed, Bath, and Bankruptcy

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/27/23 at 9:33 pm

The storied retailer of bed and bath stuff is on the edge of bankruptcy.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/01/26/business/bed-bath-and-beyond-debts/index.html

I hope this does not happen. Otherwise where would we buy bed and bath stuff? ???

Subject: Re: Bed, Bath, and Bankruptcy

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 01/27/23 at 10:09 pm

I hope this does not happen. Otherwise where would we buy bed and bath stuff? ???

There are other places that sell bed and bath stuff as well.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 01/27/23 at 11:26 pm

At Bath & Body Works?

Written By: nally on 01/27/23 at 11:27 pm

At Bath & Body Works?

Bath accessories, maybe. Bed accessories, probably not.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 01/27/23 at 11:31 pm

Bath accessories, maybe. Bed accessories, probably not.

But it's not as if bed accessories are hard to find. You can get them at Walmart.

Written By: nally on 01/27/23 at 11:33 pm

But it's not as if bed accessories are hard to find. You can get them at Walmart.

That's true.

They can also be found at a department store (such as Macys or JCPenney), in the housewares department.

Written By: Howard on 01/28/23 at 2:58 am

There are other places that sell bed and bath stuff as well.

I agree on that one.

Written By: Howard on 01/28/23 at 2:58 am

Or any other department stores.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 01/28/23 at 8:32 am

Also at Target. And online at Amazon and many other online outlets.

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/28/23 at 8:38 am

At Bath & Body Works?

They can also be found at a department store (such as Macys or JCPenney), in the housewares department.

Or any other department stores.

Also at Target. And online at Amazon and many other online outlets.

Whew! That’s good news. I was worried for a while.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 01/28/23 at 9:25 am

Whew! That’s good news. I was worried for a while.

A good rule of thumb to remember (because you also expressed this exact same concern in a recent thread you posted about the demise of Party City) is that just because an establishment mentions the product it sells in it's name, doesn't mean it's the only place that sells said product.

Hope this helps.

Written By: Don Carlos on 01/28/23 at 10:10 am

I think LB was trying to be funny.

hope this helps

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 01/28/23 at 11:39 am

I think LB was trying to be funny.

hope this helps

I know that. So was I.  :D

Written By: Howard on 01/28/23 at 2:15 pm

A good rule of thumb to remember (because you also expressed this exact same concern in a recent thread you posted about the demise of Party City) is that just because an establishment mentions the product it sells in it's name, doesn't mean it's the only place that sells said product.

Hope this helps.

There's also going to be another place that sells the very same thing so he shouldn't worry so much.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/28/23 at 3:08 pm

I hope not. I LOVE Bed, Bath, & Beyond.

That's true.

We don't have other stores around here anymore. We had a mall with K-Mart, Sears, Bath & Body Works, & JCPenney. All are gone-and the mall stands empty.

Bed, Bath, & Beyond is pretty much the only thing left standing except Walmart but I don't do Walmart.

Cat

Written By: nally on 01/28/23 at 6:28 pm

We don't have other stores around here anymore. We had a mall with K-Mart, Sears, Bath & Body Works, & JCPenney. All are gone-and the mall stands empty.

Bed, Bath, & Beyond is pretty much the only thing left standing except Walmart but I don't do Walmart.

Cat

Aw, what a bummer. Such stores/malls still exist where I am; just not in other parts of the US.

I don’t do Walmart either.

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/28/23 at 7:05 pm

Cat

I don’t do Walmart either.

Maybe Walmart will be next.  :o

Written By: Howard on 01/29/23 at 2:50 am

Cat

There's also shopping online.

Written By: nally on 01/29/23 at 10:12 am

...which has its pros and cons.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/29/23 at 2:12 pm

Yup, I know. That is where I do most of my shopping these days.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 01/29/23 at 3:17 pm

Yup, I know. That is where I do most of my shopping these days.

Cat

My Father enjoys shopping on the Walmart site where he buys his toiletries for the bathroom.

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/31/23 at 6:35 pm

I just read they’re shutting down five if their Buybuy Baby stores too.  :(

Written By: LyricBoy on 04/23/23 at 7:14 am

It is finished. BB&B has officially filed for bankruptcy.  :\'(

https://www.npr.org/2023/04/23/1147402660/bed-bath-beyond-bankruptcy

The company said that for now its 360 Bed Bath & Beyond and 120 BuyBuy Baby stores and websites would remain open, but that over time they would be closed. :-\\

While officially filed as a Chapter 11 case, with all stores projected to be closed, it sounds more like a Chapter 7 liquidation. :o

Written By: LyricBoy on 04/23/23 at 6:22 pm

Loyal Bed Bath & Beyond NYC customers are reportedly devastated after BB&B’s bankruptcy filing.

https://nypost.com/2023/04/23/bed-bath-beyond-customers-devastated-after-bankruptcy-filing/

”It’s really a shame because … where are you supposed to find your bedding? Where are you supposed to find all these things?”

Written By: whistledog on 04/26/23 at 7:35 am

The one around the corner from where I live closed it's doors.  If I'm honest, the only thing I ever bought from Bed Bath and Beyond were those Scrub Daddy sponges.  It's the only store I could find them at

Written By: Don Carlos on 04/26/23 at 9:43 am

The one around the corner from where I live closed it's doors.  If I'm honest, the only thing I ever bought from Bed Bath and Beyond were those Scrub Daddy sponges.  It's the only store I could find them at

So the bankruptcy is YOUR FAULT!!!

Written By: whistledog on 04/27/23 at 5:46 am

So the bankruptcy is YOUR FAULT!!!

https://media.tenor.com/4CkZPb_1hwQAAAAC/evil-laugh.gif

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/03/23 at 5:30 pm

Storied BB&B competitor Tuesday Morning has thrown in the towel for good.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2023/05/02/tuesday-morning-closing-all-stores-chain-shutters-puts-on-major-sale/70176554007/

After two bankruptcies in three years, they have announced that they will shut down all of their stores.  :-\\

Written By: nally on 05/04/23 at 10:13 pm

My family & I shopped regularly at Triple-B. We found plenty of useful household items from there over the years.

Written By: Ripley on 05/05/23 at 1:41 pm

Cat

It’s truly sad what stores from the 90’s, 80’s and before have gone away. Especially those that were around for more than a decade. We have two malls here. The west one is where we go, if we go, and they have hardly any stores. Penny’s here (and everywhere) is on its last legs. Sears has been gone for a few years. The east mall has more stores, maybe twice the amount, that are not vacant. But the place I miss most is K-Mart, I loved it! The building still sits, empty, beside the west mall.

Written By: Howard on 05/05/23 at 3:19 pm

It’s truly sad what stores from the 90’s, 80’s and before have gone away. Especially those that were around for more than a decade. We have two malls here. The west one is where we go, if we go, and they have hardly any stores. Penny’s here (and everywhere) is on its last legs. Sears has been gone for a few years. The east mall has more stores, maybe twice the amount, that are not vacant. But the place I miss most is K-Mart, I loved it! The building still sits, empty, beside the west mall.

The places we used to love going to growing up (70's, 80's) as a kid has a lot of them filing for bankruptcy (Chapter 11) unfortunately my guess is that the rent must be too high and then they don't have the funds to pay it off.

Check for new replies or respond here...